No I don't really think of you all as little chickens but I thought it sounded endearing. So take it that way!
I am just in the door from my appointments today and I feel well on my way! Today was the last Doctor visit of 4 and I had the 2nd of 3 nutrition classes! The Doctor said he was very impressed so far and that after I get my last nutrition class in then I am off to the surgeon. So I go to my last class on Nov. 19th and I should hear from the surgeons office within 2 weeks from that time..
My understanding is this: I go to the surgeon and they make the upper GI and stress test appointment. During this time the insurance will decide to cover or deny me and then a date shall be set! I know it might not be this cut and dry but then again it just maybe as simple as all that!?
My doctor was just fine with my blood sugar readings. I don't need to up any of the meds. He didn't seem at all concerned. So I suppose that is good too!
I decided to do a little Christmas shopping for my sister and was successful at that. I had a nice lunch out with myself and was starving since I didn't eat a thing before my appointment. I also bought a few bariatric protein drinks! Ever heard of Pro Joe? Looks like a Starbucks drink and they have Chai, vanilla, and Mocha. They are pricey but worth a try our nutrition lady said!
What else?
Oh...I promise my melt downs normally don't result in much but I got a new stove and a dishwasher! The dishwasher was a long time coming. We got a giftcard last Christmas to go towards it and we are just now using it. It was a good price..20% off and tax free this past weekend. That was pretty much enough to make me happy. But then last night a friend called and said we could use his discount for a stove if we were really serious about buying one! I left if up to Chris and by 9 pm last night we had a stove on order at a really really low price.
I am super excited because it has some features that I would consider to be fancy for the cook that I am. The dishwasher will be installed Wednesday and the oven will be a few weeks. But in the mean time I am going to paint the cabinets in all my free time! I am lucky I know. But I consider it my Christmas especially since Chris is going home to England and leaving me all alone for Christmas and New Years. :)
So my party is this weekend. So far 16 girls I think! There is room and food for more so come on over ladies!

8 comments:
So glad things are moving along. Enjoy your new kitchen and your fun weekend!
Whoooo Hoooooo on the new appliances!! Way to go! The new stove should be wonderful to cook that Thanksgiving turkey in! It's a breeze to cook the turkey, you're going to do great! Just remember the scene from "Christmas Vacation" and don't put it in too early!!
I can't wait to see pictures of both your party and your new kitchen!! Enjoy!! I'm so thrilled for YOU!!
You are sooooo close! Congrats on the new appliances. I'm still cooking on the 1977 electric stove-top that is original to the house...
Yay for new appliances!!! You're doing so well on preop stuff. Keep it up!
Sorry to hear you're not getting your new stove by Thanksgiving - but maybe that's a good thing.. Stoves can be touchy, and that probably isn't the holiday to be learning all the quirks and things about a new stove! Enjoy your day!!
New appliances are always a good thing - and one to make anyone happy! :) Congrats on those girlie! And hopefully you'll get good news about the band!
Also - I'm always up for a Wii challenge! :)
Yay! So pleased that you have your dishwasher, I couldn't live without mine although it is like a demanding child, I'm forever feeding or emptying it!
Really really wish I could come to your party, a girly weekend would be great.
I've discovered that all the Angry birds stages are on youtube, it's calmed me down a lot!
My mom used to call us her chickadees, so I definitely take it as an endearing. So exciting at how close you are getting. Hope you have a great weekend.
Post a Comment