Sunday, December 12, 2010

24 hours before surgery. 30 hours before surgery.34 hours before surgery!

So I have been given three possible surgical times for tomorrow! Basically the morning one is out. My time says STILL 5:30 at night. But the coordinator says "be there by 11 and I think we can get you in by 1"

Are you effin insane? So you can't even give me a time? My husband will sit in the hospital for hours just waiting to wait. Not for anything in particular?! What? My husband of course is a dear and will wait no matter what and I will do what ever needs to be done to in fact be banded tomorrow. But still.

To top it all off everyone, we are under a winter advisory. Freezing rain and sleet today, ice and snow tonight, up to 4 inches of snow tomorrow and below freezing temps tomorrow night with more snow. So I thought today was going to be a clean up my house day pack some stuff up, sleep in tomorrow and away we go. Now it looks like we are going to make the trek over the mountains today and possibly stay two nights in a hotel. Before and after surgery.

I really really didn't want to be in a hotel after surgery. I wanted to be home in the comfort of my own house. Boooo.

So I guess when I am through typing I'll start cleaning up a bit. Might even have some clear broth or jello!

On a side note. Last night was the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. It really was fun. Some people had some really ugly outfits! Mine was kinda cute. I had a gold garland headband. It was really hard not to eat the cheese and crackers and the garnet martinis. Didn't care about the candy or cupcakes or chips! I want the cheese and alcohol.

My mother and sister have gone to town making broths and basis for soups for the next couple of weeks. My mom brought over a huge hot of homemade beef broth and is working on chicken today! She roasts, the boils, and strains and let me tell you when you have had something made with this broth you will love it! My sister has made some thai concentrated broth. Chicken broth, ginger, lemongrass, chilis, coconut milk etc. A really good base for any soup really even butternut squash soup. It isn't clear so I won't be having that today. So my freezer is stocked.

I went to my first Doctor appointment on 8-30-2010. Basically 3 months and 13 days later I am being banded. I was told possibly 6 months and not earlier then 4. So I am feeling pretty good about this process. It has been smooth. I hesitate to say easy or simple. But I just am glad it is finally here. I am ready for last night to be my last holiday party of cringing at nearly all the photos of me. Of wearing things that swallow me so that you may not see my belly.

On 8-30-2010 I weighed 249.2 lbs in the office... today I weigh 233.4.

15.8 lbs gone. I wish it was more during this liquid stage. I really thought I would get to 230. But I honestly think it has been the sodium in the soups I have been eating.

If I could continue this up I would be proud of myself but I know if I don't have this surgery I will gain it back. I have done it before.

So this is it. Unless the weather takes a turn for the better then this will be my last post. Thanks guys, for everything!

19 comments:

Alison said...

Really wish that you didn't have the extra problem of surgery timings and bad weather, horrible to have more things to worry about.
Your surgery will be fine, will be thinking of you and willing you along!

Thanks for your comments on my last blog, I really wish you were right but I think that my gain is mainly down to shoving lots of nutty chocolate down my cakehole!!!

Post as soon as you feel able so we know that you're ok xxx

Linda said...

Good luck tomorrow Amanda! Sorry about the weather, I know that's just extra stress you don't need. Hopefully they'll get you in earlier than expected.
Let us know how things went.

Sarah said...

Good luck! You are going to love your band. It's the most amazing thing ever - but I'm sure after all the months you've spent reading these blogs you already know that. I hope the weather is kind do you!

Lap Band Gal said...

Tomorrow will be great! :) Keep us updated on how things go.

Justawallflower said...

So happy for you! And believe me when I say I know what you are going to go through tomorrow. I was scheduled as the third surgery, and the first one was not even completed by the time mine was suppose to start! there was a lot of waiting, and starving, and waiting. But it was worth it. I would have waited two days with that stupid iv in my arm, with nothing to eat!!!! You will do great. I hope the weather cooperates for you!

Bonnie said...

Keeping my fingers crossed mother nature takes it easy on you. Looking forward to hearing from you when you are back home. I know everything will go great.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm saying a little prayer that everything goes well!

~Lisa~ said...

I am so thrilled for you - you're finally there! I will be praying that you get there safely and that your surgery goes early, smooth and fast.. Take care my Friend - I'll be anxiously waiting to hear from you...

And, here's a poof of good luck fairy dust as well!!

((((huggggsssss)))) to YOU!

Bones said...

Today is your day, and the waiting will be over before you know it. Wishing you safe travels, lots of pampering and a speedy recovery.

MandaPanda said...

Thinking of you today! Sucks that they couldn't give you an exact time and I'm so sorry you're dealing with the bad weather on top of everything. Sounds like you have a lot of great support around you and you're going to do just swimmingly. Good luck!

Stephanie M. said...

I probably didn't get this through in time for you to see it before surgery, but I have my fingers crossed for you and sending all kinds of good vibes. Heal well, and enjoy that soup!

LDswims said...

I'm thinking of you. I hope everything is going/went well!!!

Amanda Kiska said...

You're almost there! Don't sweat the details. One way or another, TOMORROW you'll be banded!

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

Ahhh, good luck! So excited for you!

Liz said...

15 pounds is AMAzING to loose in your liquid diet, don't stress about those little things!! Hope the surgery went well, thinking of you!!!

Mo said...

Good luck (though technically you will be out the otherside by now hopefully!) you are doing so well with the weight loss.

Rachel said...

Best of luck...I'm excited about your journey.

-Grace- said...

Sending lots of luck your way!

Debi said...

So glad to hear that the time is here! Hope everything went smoothly and your husband didn't have to wait too long!! Keep up posted.