Hello my blogger babies! I first want to say a fantastic welcome to my new followers! Thank you for finding some thing interesting in my rambles!
Second, I have a blog follower that sent me a present for Christmas. I know you are reading and I want to say thank you, thank you, thank you! I love to cook and sending me this fabulous and interesting cookbook was a great way to get me inspired and realize that my cooking life will not be over! I am grocery shopping today!
Third! I have lost 27lbs since the beginning of September. I have lost 11lbs since my surgery on Dec. 13th. I can tell a little in my face. I am wearing a pair of cords that I haven't worn in well over a year. I have some fabulous lip stain that my sister gave me in my stocking. If you like lipstick try the loreal lip stain. I am pretty impressed! Anywho...I feel pretty good! My incision area is great! Like I always do when it comes to my skin...I reacted to the glue and am on a different antibiotic for that. But hopefully that is clearing. No pain..not really at least!
I am eating pretty normally. I did have a tiny bit to drink over the holiday considering I was locked in my parents house for 4 days! But it took me about 2 hours to drink a dirty martini! I am chewing and I can tell when I have had to much! I get some pain in my left upper shoulder area. I have a hard time figuring out when I have had to much but it basically lets me know with the pain. My Nut says after my fill I will have a better idea!
We got snowed in. My husband called at 7am Christmas morning to let me know he arrived in England. At exactly that moment it started snowing and it didn't quit for 24 hours or more. We ended up with 10 inches. Which probably to some doesn't seem like a whole lot. But for us, even though we are in the mountains, we hardly get quantity. We get ice. Well we have ICE too. But I stayed with my parents for 4 days. Last night I finally made it home. We live about a mile up a mountain and the road to get there was pretty bad but my trusty all wheel drive held me to the road thank God! When I got home my neighbors kids where sledding in my yard. Their vacation home is right next to us and they come up from Florida 2 times a year. This time they had their cousins who had never seen snow before. The joy and laughter was fantastic.
I went to bed in my own bed...slept very well and made it into work today! Swallowing a protein drink....and trying to catch up on all the blogs I missed during me house lock down!
I hope you are all well! I've missed you all and I look forward to seeing pics of your holiday!
Oh...my word for the year. I am having a hard time coming up with a word for the year! I feel very confident some of the time and then other times I feel worried that I am going to fail! That I spent all this money and time and got so many people involved and I am going to fail. What if I do? What next? I feel excited that in a year I might fit into some "normal" sizes. I feel like for once I might have a bit of control. But I am still scared. So I think my word for this new year will be DETERMINED.
To be continued....
~A

8 comments:
You're not going to fail, you're doing fantastically well and you're catching me up on the weight loss!
Glad that you got home in the snow and Chris got to his parents ok.
Good word!
You're doing awesome!
Hi there! Congrats on a new beginning...I had my surgery in October and it really is the most amazing feeling! I am fitting into clothes that I haven't fit into in over 2 or 3 years! I look forward to reading your future blogs and hopefully we can help each other out along the way! Keep up the good work we will all make it!
"Determined" is a GREAT word!!! With that attitude and with
All of us along side you, failure is NOT an option!
I am sooooo glad you're back! I've missed you soooooo much!
And congrats on the loss and getting into those pants!! I'm sooo proud of YOU!
You are rocking it! Great word for 2011, btw!
Glad you are doing so well already! That is awesome!
What a great word!!!
Post a Comment