Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Up, down, Up, Down. Awards and just stuff!

I have another award! This one is given to me by Ronnie! Ronnie and I were banded a few days apart and is doing fabulous! Thank you Ronnie for my  Stylish Blogger Award.

I also wanted to say hello to my new followers! I look forward to getting to know all of you and I welcome all comments. If you have a blog please leave me the link in my comment box and I would love to follow you all as well!
__________________________________________________________________________________

I feel good people. I mean good. But my attitude yesterday and today sucks! It has been one week since my first fill and I have not lost ANY weight. A couple of things I have noticed and that I have to keep reminding myself is that I am working out daily. 3 days a week I am on the treadmill for 1.5 miles. I do the bike for about 1.5 miles and then I do some weight lifting for 20 minutes. 1 day a week I do yoga for an hour. Next week I am starting a 20-20-20 class which is 20 minutes of cardio, 20 of core, and 20 of Pilate's and yoga. I plan on doing that one day a week. I am building some muscles.

I KNOW that my gut is shrinking. I can see it in the mirror. I really can. My clothes feel better, my boobs are smaller (just a little.. I have a huge rack). I feel good for the most part. My eating has not been bad either! Some days 800 calories is just about all I can muster. But most days it is around 1000-1400. I am doing good on protein...But I feel kinda nauseous. I am hoping that it is the new birth control I am on and the bartiatric vitamins that I am taking.

I KNOW that next Tuesday I get another fill and I know that it takes a while to get this thing at a good spot. But I wanted to be at 215 by now. I fight the urge daily to even consider failing. That statistically I may be one of those people who this doesn't work for! But in my heart of hearts I KNOW that isn't true and that this will work. 30lbs from day one is not a failure. I am just moody. IF I can get to a healthy weight, feel good, and keep smiling this will have worked!

EVERY person around me is moody. The weather is gray, people are depressed, couples are bickering. I think it is just wearing me out. I can't seem to even motivate myself to clean my house up! It is straight but I need to get to the scrubbing! Sunday I did very little. My husband played with his new chain saw with my dad all day. When I say play I mean cut wood. Worked. I did nothing! Blah!

I said last night to my husband that I am just blah. Not depressed. Just blah. One day I am up, up, up and then the next I am just down, down, down!

bandster hell. yep.
________________________________________________________________________________
AWARD
The rules of accepting this award are: Thank the person who gave you the award, reveal seven things about yourself, and nominate 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered or love. Then leave a comment on their blog letting them know they've been nominated.


1. I am a small business owner. My husband and I bought our family business and I can talk about skidsteers, trachoes, floor sanders and the like. I can also sell a weedeater and a chainsaw. (we do party rentals too on a very small level) Different because when I graduated from college I worked in corporate aAmerica. I traveled and trained mangers and wore high heels in the city everyday! Now I work 6 days a week, with my husband and dog, and could not be happier.

2. I love Bethenny Frankel. A girl crush. Seriously. Do you know who she is? She is harsh and brash and a little nuts and I typically would not get so attached to a celebrity but I love her and I wish her plenty of success.

3. I am such a social person. But I really really love just hanging out at home. My calender is full all the time. But I go through a couple of weeks every so often that I want nothing to do with anyone. Except my husband and pets. I try to let people know that I just need a break.

4. I HATE vacuuming. Not the actual act really. Just the outcome. My attitude is much better towards my husband if he just does it for me. I am never satisfied with how the vacuum does. EVER. But if he does it it just seems cleaner.

5. I love crafting. I haven't done much in a long time due to lack of time and space. But that will all change soon. We have remodeled our basement to be a craftroom for me. Yay! I will show you pics soon!

6. I swam for 18 years competitively. I started when I was 5 and swam through highschool and college. I also taught lessons and coached high school swimming along with some life guarding. I loved it. But it makes going to a public pool no fun! I am constantly looking for danger! :)

7. My husband and I met online.  Through mutual friends and through music. We had no intention of being a couple and we dated for 4 years before we got married. If you can call traveling back and forth from England every 4 months dating. I am positive there is no one else out there that is this perfect for me.


15 bloggers. I can't do it. I like you all. There is something about all the people that I follow that keeps me sane. So you all win. Cop out..perhaps but there you go!


11 comments:

Jess said...

I have had a crappy mood too. I thought I'd lose moer than 4 lbs with the ass busting workouts I've been doing for like two weeks but I just tell myself I am gaining muscle and it will level out eventually. But I am a number whore and want to see it on the scale so badly!

I gave you an award. check out my blog!

Justawallflower said...

Don't fret about the weight. Between my first and second fill I was UP two pounds! It will get better!

~Sandi @ This one time at 'band' camp... said...

I live in a province that during the winter it rains for 5 months straight so I know about the moody changes! Hang in there, you are doing so good and just remember 'it's not forever, it's just for now'...I had fun reading about you, glad to know you a little better!

La'ers,
S

Susan said...

Amanda - I think your weight loss is great!!! I just had my first fill today and I got 4 cc's in my 10 cc band. Feels like when I first had surgery! Didn't realize how aggressive it was. How much did you get?

Annie said...

You are doing awesome, and congrats on another well deserved award! Congrats on the gut shrinkage. Awesome!

xoxo

Amanda Kiska said...

I hate it when I'm doing all the right stuff and the scale doesn't cooperate. I always worry that I'm going to fail or that I'm doing something wrong.

And I've lost more than 100 lbs.

The band WILL work for you. It doesn't work for people who don't get their fills, don't get good restriction and eat around the bands limitations. You won't do that.

~Lisa~ said...

Tis the season of crappy moods... Crappy weather, crappy moods... BUT 30lbs is amazing, and I'm sooooo proud of YOU!! You're doing fantastic! And if it is showing up in a shrinking waist and "girls", you're losing weight and gaining muscle! A VERY good, healthy, and wonderful thing! You're doing all the right stuff!

Bonnie said...

Theres a log of blah going around so you are in good company. Sounds like you are doing so much right. Don't worry, it will show on the scale soon. I like to watch Bethenny too, but she scares me a little.

MandaPanda said...

Congrats on the award! Totally deserved.

It's that time of year...I know when I lived in OH and it was gray from October to May, by February I just had it. Hang in there!

Sounds like you are doing some SERIOUS exercising...undoubtedly it's affecting the scale. Very wise bloggers once said, make sure to take your measurements for when the scale stalls. I hope you listen to them. Keep up the good work!

The Ninja said...

Yeah it's winter, people tend to be snarky in the winter. I hope you start losing the way you want to really soon.

Rhonda said...

Aww, thanks for the shout out, sweetie! :) You're doing GREAT, too! You're working out like a madwoman! (SUPA jealous!) The blah will pass, it has to! I think one of the main problems with being so early in the process is we like to compare ourselves to others, which is totally not what we should be doing! Some people lose 60 lbs in 2 months, others lose 20 lbs in 6 months. We've gotta take it one day at a time! :)

Oh, and I loved getting to know you a little better - great seven things!