Monday, March 28, 2011

Protein...in the morning!

I am so bored of yogurt.

I like greek yogurt but honestly it seems like it is the only thing I can eat in the morning. But I need some variety. Smart thing would be to drink a protein shake but I am telling you ladies..I'd get sick of those too. I think it is because I am a savory kinda eater. But yet I don't eat eggs. Shoot me now. I just don't like sweets. I am not picky...I eat loads of veggies. I'll try loads of different foods. But I have never been able to eat eggs in any form. It's about the texture of the things. Even with cheese and I love cheese.


Any ideas!?


Well last week I lost nothing. Not an ounce.

Things could be worse of course but I hope this week I'll lose a bit for a change. I guess I have to look at it like this, I lost nearly 3 lbs the week before. I never lose 3 lbs in a week so my body was just holding back to even things out I suppose. That is what I am going to tell myself.

This week I am back to my work out routine. I started today by going to the gym before work. I did about 3 miles on the Elliptical and bike then got some weight training in. Tomorrow night is my mega hard yoga class. Not sure what I will do Wednesday but Thursday I have Zumba and Friday yoga again. Heck, maybe I will trying going for a run on Wednesday!

I want to say hello to all my new followers and welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you all! Also if you have a blog and I am not following it then please leave me the blog address and I will fix that!

So not much to say other then that. Feeling better but not totally over it. Seems to have moved into my ears a bit. Erm so that is all for today! xx


PS. I canceled my fill for tomorrow! Might seem strange since I didn't lose anything last week but honestly I am tight. Not to tight I just have to be more aware of eating so quick. I am hoping the NO loss has something to do with hormones so I pushed the appointment till the 19th.

13 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm right there with you on getting sick of yogurt for breakfast. Blech.

Lately I have been doing cheese and almonds for breakfast just for something different.

In the past I have done baked beans or some sort of beans, not a traditional breakfast food but yummy.

Also, what about lunch meat roll ups? Piece of ham or turkey or whatever tickles your fancy rolled up with cheese? Good source of protein and NOT greek yogurt. LOL.

Rhonda said...

Hmm, I never know what to eat in the morning either! Have you tried cereal? They have some great varieties, I eat Total and Honey Bunches of Oats, Fiber One, all kinds. :) Just a suggestion!

I don't blame you for not getting a fill if you're feeling tight, I have one scheduled for the 30th, and I'm super nervous I'm gonna start experiencing that, since I haven't to date.

Pamela E. Williams said...

I hope you figure something out. My staple in the morning is a protein smoothie because I don't have time to sit down and eat anything. I just whip it up in my Magic Bullet and drink it on the way to work.

Try going to this website, http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/I'm sure she has something on there you can fix ahead of time and use for breakfast. She got tips on there for getting in protein.

MandaPanda said...

Protein bars are my saving grace on this. I have a hard time eating in the morning but I found if I drink a cup of coffee first, it loosens things up enough. I hate Greek yogurt so this is a good option for me.

Lyla said...

I eat protein bars in the morning, but they are sweet, not savory.

How about some chicken salad that has a few pecans and a few small pieces of fruit (apple or grape work well)? A couple of bites of that might do the trick and mix it up a little.

If you're tight you definitely don't need a fill. For me, losing has never been about how much fill I have (I don't have much), but about how hungry I am. Most of the time when I'm not seeing losses, it is clearly because I'm eating crappy food, which has nothing to do with fill level :) When I'm HUNGRY (and for weeks, not just a few days around my period), then I'll get topped off.

Stephanie M. said...

I'm with you - I don't like sweets in the morning! Some ideas...
I like leftovers for breakfast - anything from taco meat, cheese, avocado and salsa in a bowl to a piece of chicken and a piece of string cheese.
Cottage cheese (I like mine with a dash of tabasco sauce).
Lean Cuisine spring rolls.
Chicken salad sprinkled with almond slivers.
Cut a piece of string cheese in half lengthwise, wrap each half in a slice of turkey and cook in a frying pan until the cheese is melted.
Protein pancakes wrapped around turkey sausage.
Hope this helps!

catherine said...

While I haven't had a fill yet, some days I will take a little of plain yogurt and mix some frozen fruit in it with the blender. It's so much better than the fruit flavors that are pre-mixed and because the fruit is frozen it's almost like a yummy softserve.

Beth Ann said...

I have a low carb slimfast for breakfast, but I feel you on not wanting sweets. Maybe something not traditional? Like chili or lunchmeat rollups?

nikki said...

I've been on a yogurt kick because of you, lol! So far, it's a refreshing thing from the shakes - although I love the ones I drink. I can.not.eat.eggs. in the morning. Nope, one bite -stuck for two hours. Always, no matter if they are scrambled, fried, microwaved, poached, etc. One day last week I was lucky. So, for variety, I think Stephanie above had some great ideas. I love turkey bacon, crunchy. I even like Tuna and Turkey Chili for breakfast.

Amanda said...

Can't stand yogurt. Blech! I do protien bars or peanut butter on half of a whole wheat (toasted) Thomas's Bagel Thin. I know some people can't eat bread/bagels, but these are pretty thin and if you toast them well you should be ok.

Theresa said...

I like savory better too. I love cheese grits in the morning. I make them at work with one packet of instand grits, and 1 slice of american cheese and lots of pepper and garlic, yum. I also like guacamole and split pea soup for breakfast too. I can't find the gadget to follow your blog, maybe you can help me out!

~Lisa~ said...

I get bored with shakes in the morning too, then switch to cereal. I think the meat ideas sounds like a treat!

Good Luck, Girlfriend!

Jess said...

I know I ate greek yogurt every morning for like 4 months straight and I am not really tired of it but I have switched to oatmeal for a while and having yogurt as a random snack in the afternoon sometimes. I am not a big egg lover either and I can't stomach the thought of breakfast foods early in the morning. It's always been a downfall of mine.