Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh My Goodness...........my legs might fall off

I would first like to say...........OUCH.

My first training session at 6a.m. this morning was awesome. Truly it was good.  But my legs HURT! My thighs to be exact. I thought I might die drying off in the shower today.

My meat head (aka trainer with the personality of a wet noodle) started the session telling me and the two other brave ladies that he has been told he needs to be a bit more sensitive for the ladies. I am assuming  his bosses say this. He says he will be sensitive for this week only. If this work out was sensitive then I may be in for a real treat!

So this morning, armed (literally) with my body bugg, water bottle, and a towel to wipe my sweat from my brow and various other places I worked my little (read larger) tail end off! I feel good about where I am. I was right in the middle of the three ladies! Lady #1 is a runner. She does marathons and I assume this is training for her next big one. Lady #2 is me. I am no runner but I am also not in awful shape. I work out 1-4 days a week. Lady #3 has the most potential in this Weight Loss Challenge. She is pretty overweight and probably does no exercise. She probably is intimidated like crazy of even me (which she shouldn't be because I know how she feels) but we all three are super encouraging. I say girl #3 has the most potential because we all know in the beginning if you stay motivated you can lose the most weight! There are probably 40 ladies (maybe 3 men) in the Challenge this time but only us three brave the 6 am workout slot. I know a lot of other people prefer the two other trainers who are women. But I know that meat head must be good at what he does. Just not gonna let anything slide.


That being said you bunch of motivating fools! Thank you for a couple of things! First Dinnerland: I started week 2 running last night! The rest of you....do you know how special it makes me feel to have compliments like crazy about my picture from a couple of posts back. My head and heart were swelling. I do feel proud. I am not done but I feel accomplished. Also yesterday when I said I failed. I think I used the term to loosely and I apologize. You are right, I didn't fail. I just didn't complete what I set out to do! This week will be better!


I wonder, once you get down close do your goal..does the feeling that you are going to gain it all back, that this was just one of those diets and this won't stick, ever go away!?? I mean 7 months is nothing. I've lost weight before...it just never stayed gone. Is this gonna work for good? I hope so.

Off to drink some protein.

14 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I'm still working hard to get to my goal, so I'm not yet worried about gaining it back. But I suspect that will come. (The worry...not the gaining!!!)

Great job with your trainer!! That massively sore feeling stinks, but it also tells you that you worked hard. It will fade, but your hard work will continue to pay off!!

Becky said...

Wow, you are seriously going to be making huge progress with this trainer pushing you! Good for you, for encouraging the other lady too. :)

I don't know if we will stop worrying eventually, but I like what I see in bandedwendy. http://www.youtube.com/user/bandedwendy

She says stuff like, that's okay. I gained 3 lbs, I'll lose 3 lbs and then she does! She been at maintenance for over a year now too.

Alison said...

So glad that it went so well! So proud of you for going to the meathead's session.

Picture? Did I miss a picture? scuttles off back though your blog!

Alison said...

I found it.
How cute are you? Gorgeous!

Cat said...

I am SO proud of your hard work in the gym with Meathead. you know I have turned into Pro-exercise girl so YAY you!! My heart is all swelled up and puffy for you!

As Beth Ann said, the sore will fade. So sorry though it hurts now, but it's for the better, that means all those muscle fibers got ripped down and they are rebuilding and repairing and burning loads of extra calories for you today.

~Lisa~ said...

I am soooo proud of YOU - and excited that you're working with meat head (I have visions of "Michael Stivic" from "All in the Family" when I type that)

Being sore lasts a short while, being healthy lasts a lifetime!! Get 'er done, Girlfriend!

MandaPanda said...

You are doing so great with this challenge!

I'm worried I'm never going to get to goal and I'm worried I'm going to gain it all back. I'm 11 months out.

Amanda Kiska said...

You're a total stud!

chloes_countdown said...

you are very brave indeed to make a 6am session! wow. get your burn on & enjoy it. Who knows what the future holds but we can continue to try.....

congrats!

Rachel said...

I see you restructuring your life in a healthy way...I think these changes are here to stay.

Anonymous said...

We need a picture of Meat Head so we can get the full effect of the 6 AM workouts

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

Way to go with the exercise!! And you are so right -seriously - don't overtrain!! That's the difference for me now. I've paced myself and I'm much more successful b/c I'm not wearing myself out everyday and eventually just can't handle it anymore or injure myself. Hey and if you want me to give you my running plan that I was given by my running club - just let me know. I've paid a fee to learn from these professional marathoner's and part of that is a set plan that I'm following to learn to run the half marathon in Sept. You're doing great - I'm so impressed and it motivates me!

Rhonda said...

Oh my, I am late catching up with everyone's blogs! But lordy, I am proud of you!! :)

You show that meat head who's boss!

(P.S. - I'm sore as heck from yoga - tell him to come help ME! lol)

Sam said...

Good work on the early morning session :o)