Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I am good. Plain and simple.

I've done a lot of reflecting in between the chaos of my life right now. Stemming from recent posts about being ashamed of the band or "cheating". I believe Molly posted a blog about it a couple weeks back.

I have been silent mostly about my band. Telling only close friends and family. Not wanting the "oh she didn't do it the right way" or "she cheated" comments! I wanted only positive comments!

Hell I STILL want only positive comments.

But you know what? Like Molly said.... who the hell am I cheating and when did this become a game with winners and losers?? This is my life, my health, my happiness. I don't care if you THINK I am cheating.

But I sure am happier..So I guess that makes me the winner.

So in the last few weeks I have told more people then I really thought I would! Don't get me wrong, mostly they are well removed people from my every day life. And if I am honest they are people who needed to know because I am eating really strangely at this moment and I didn't want to insult there HUGE portions they were serving me. But I am becoming comfortable with explaining. But I still justify. I still give them the whole "I work really really hard at this" speech. So I guess that means I am not quite there yet. But I will get there.

I openly talk about my miscarriages with most people, I talk about the eczema on my face that I some times get, all without major issues. So I'll get there with this band. Until then, know this, I am happier and healthier then  I was one year ago today. This time last year, Right Lynda?!

So band.. *sappy romantic voice*  You complete me! *tears and joy*.

Now if you could just complete me a little faster I'd appreciate it, thanks!




Life As I Know It

So my little Crepe Myrtles. I am missing you all. Give me till Monday and I will be back on my regularly scheduled 'must comment on loads of blogs' ways. I had a great weekend. We visited dear friends in the city where I met my husband, where I wore heels and a suit to work everyday, and I gained most of this lovely weight. I really did. I ate take out often and Starbucks everyday with  no real exercise. Wowser.

My friend happens to have been my assistant during my Cooperate years and we just loved each other. 3 kids later and a stay at home mama now, I still love her. She and her husband are just so great. Chris and I always are happy to hang with them. Didn't hurt that I made a little money as well!

This week is just insane. I have a huge fashion show on Saturday. All my models are coming over tonight and we are working on a line up and make up...music...stuff like that. I stress about these things like mad. I am an event perfectionist. I want it to be as professional as possible. I need to be reminded that this is just little old Frank-town and anything I do will be fabulous! But I will still stress. My face has a huge honking zit that will not go away, it's that kinda stress.

I am in week 6 of my training. 6 weeks to go. Every morning I wake up and think of 10 things that could get me out of my 6 a.m session. But I still go. Today I was the only one there. Mega proud of me. It is hard. I will not lie. But I like it.

I am down on the scale this morning to 194. Wow. So the fill is working. At home it said 194-195 but at the gym it said 194. Can I just say that my scale at home has ALWAYS been lower then the gyms. Today it was lower at the gym! I'll take it. I did not get enough of anything yesterday. Not enough food or water. So today I am keeping a drink with me all day.

Okay. So bare with me. Next week I am all yours again! Toodles!

15 comments:

Darlin1 said...

Can't wait to meet you in Chicago Amanda!

Shannon said...

yes poop :) I had to get into all the nity gritties

~Lisa~ said...

Post pictures of your shows!! I would love to see them!!

Theresa said...

I agree with "complete me a little faster!" LOL!

Elizabeth said...

I would like to be completed faster as well :)

Alison said...

194 is amazing, well done!

Alison said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I have kind of set a goal of 12 stones which is 168 pounds, this is probably still slightly overweight according to the BMI calculator but it seems like it's such a long way away that I'm not dwelling on it!

MandaPanda said...

So busy! Hang in there and you're doing great with your workouts and dropping weight like a mad woman!

Lynda said...

True story about Crepe Myrtles: My sister and I used to have a hard time remembering the name...so we called them Crunchberry Bushes instead.

Rhonda said...

194? Wooooohooo! :)

Cat said...

We miss you damn it!! Congrats on the 194!! You are such an inspiration. Also, adore those crepe myrtles. not sure I've ever seen them before.

Anonymous said...

First, I miss you.
Second, I hope your fashion show is a huge success. I sure it will be.
Third, I also have a huge zit on my face. I am blaming stress too.
Fourth, when you have time, talk me about selling your clothes on Ebay that you talked about a few blogs ago. K?
Next, 194 is super dooper awesome so, congrats!
And last, I am proud of you for making your 6 AM work-outs.

Beth Ann said...

You are doing so well, chica!! You should be very happy with yourself. No one else matters when it comes to how you should feel about your band and your success. :) Big hugs!

Lap Band Gal said...

I can't wait to meet you in Chicago! :) HUGS!

Rachel said...

always nice to read your posts...you are doing fantastic!