Tuesday, February 7, 2012
You want the truth??
I am struggling a bit.
There I said it.
You might think I am going to go in a little rant about weight loss and so forth but that's not it either really. I have avoided this topic in a public setting and reached out to a few people and I think I am coming out of my cloud. I am not asking for anything I think I am just explaining my lengthy disappearance.
The truth is I really have been super busy with my life since before Christmas. It has been really hard to jump right back in and be the supportive force I always thought that I was for a lot of you! For that I am sorry. I blogged several times about being able to step back and say no to certain things to just try and get everything accomplished. I guess blogging was something I put in the back seat for a little while.
The weird thing is I am happy and kind of depressed all at the same time! I feel really good. I've not lost any weight since before Christmas. That pisses me off but only kinda because even though I am working out 3-4 days a week I haven't been following my own rules. Clothes feel and look good! I have loads of energy. We have had a good winter with work. If you can call it winter. It was 65 degrees here in the mountains yesterday. Makes for a really good rental winter! Last year my husband and I didn't pay ourselves most of the winter..this year we have had to pinch a little but we've paid ourselves all winter long! Score. My Stell a &Dot business is really going well! I am enjoying the hell out of being girlie and stylish and I love having a team. At Christmas I signed two girls up in England! So I feel all international and shit! (hear the sarcasm hee hee)
So whats my issue?
It is hard for me to type. Just as hard for me to say out loud. It starts like this. January first my sister and her husband got their pregnancy insurance and started trying for a baby. 2 weeks later they were pregnant.
That's it.
I feel like a huge HUGE ass for being sad about this because I am really happy for them. But I feel like my husband and I have been trying for 4 years. 2 miscarriages, 2 serious infections from said miscarriages, 1 lapband surgery, 70lbs lost, working out all the time. And they got effing pregnant in 2 weeks!!??!!!?!!?!!!
For the first week I put on a good public face. I smiled. I texted her to drink water, take a nap, don't eat this, don't eat that. I worked out on my days. But I came home every single night after work, crawled into bed, and watched the second season of Downton Abby (which was awesome BTW). My husband fed me. He fed me what I wanted to eat which was really small amounts of junk.
The second week (last week) was better. Her 30th birthday was celebrated on Saturday and my sisters husband and I planed a whole surprise weekend which I don't know about your husbands but my sisters husband is not a planner so it was down to me. Turned out fantastic. We spent the day with 12 of our girlfriends shopping, eating dessert crepes, and totally bombarding every store we went into! Saturday evening we had a band at a local coffee/wine/beer shop. Which was also fantastic. I drank loads of really good wine. Everyone was smiling. My sister was so nauseous the whole time, poor thing, but she had so much fun. Towards the end of the coffee shop evening I started to have a few of my sisters friends come up and say such wonderful things about the evening and my family and how they always have so much fun when they visit (hell ya, I am a good party planner) and then 3 different girls started saying things like:
"I know it must be so hard with all you have been through being so happy for your sister. But you know what? It will happen for you too. My friend had 6 miscarriages and now has two healthy children. Just keep trying"
In my head I am thinking 'FUCK YOU, I didn't start this conversation and I don't want to have it while I am happy" (sorry for my none cussing readers) verbally I am saying "Thank you so much! I know, we are staying positive and I am really good. Just really excited for my sister!" All while smiling.
I wave them all off and continue on with my evening. We all shuttle (thanks to my husband) in the pouring rain to the cottage that we rented. Cottage is such a small term. This place was huge. I would say there was probably 20 of us that went back there and 15 of us stayed there. Anyway. We had munchy snacks and kept drinking. Our good friend brought his guitar and sang90's songs which I am such a damn sucker for! Rock on Pearl Jam, Weezer, and Sublime..among lots of other stuff.
I am happy.
Then, and I am not kidding. I get 2 at a time. Yes 2 at a flipping time of my sisters friends WHOM I LOVE..don't get me wrong I do love em... Start in on me about my struggles and trials. Granted, I had way to much at this point but I could not handle it at any more. I started crying. And not the tears that you can mask. Not the ones where you pinch yourself and make them go away. The ones that are huge and roll down your face 12 at a time.
Why, I mean really, WHY did I have to break down like that? Leave me alone. Talk to me about jewelry or cooking..or yoga. It really is a big reason I haven't told very many people that Chris and I were trying. I pressure my self enough with out getting outside pressure as well.
I can't shake it. Just thinking about it makes me cry and although I know I am about to start my period and that plays into it quite a bit...I am just ready to be myself again. Damnit.
So this is where I am. Happy and Sad. All at once.
I turn 33 in a week. Perhaps that plays into the depression a little. Not that I think that 33 is old. But I thought I would have a family by now.
I go from being the odd man out because of my weight ..being the biggest girl in the room. To being the only friend who doesn't have kids. My best girlfriend says that she is jealous of me because we have no strings. I guess thats nice to know. Doesn't make me feel better though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

34 comments:
Thanks for sharing your journey, both good and bad. You are fantastic! I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now.
Thanks for sharing...I am not saying anymore than that because you and I have almost identical stories except my sister is older than me by two years. I am here to listen! (((hugs)))
Awww babe...there's a girl at work here who has the same struggles and I just listen. We may not be able to fix it but we can listen and support. We are all here for you. We love you.
I'm listening!!
Hugs. I know what it's like wanting to strangle people you KNOW are trying to be loving and thoughtful, but instead are being INSENSITIVE ASSHOLES.
If you ever need to talk to someone who can seriously empathize but has come to peace (and I can just listen, not tell you how to "feel better"), you are WELCOME to email me. I'll send you my phone number.
I'm glad see you back sweet potato. Please, please vent to us about this. This is the place and your feelings are valid. I might email you in a bit. xoxoLinda
So glad your back and looking fabulous! I am so here for you. I can only imagine what you are going thru. Big hugs!!!!
Totally adore you girl. So sorry that some people don't realize that gettin up in your bidnezz is not their business.
Oh, just discovered Downton Abbey last night. 2/6. LOVE!
Stupid hubby needs to watch the hockey game even though we watch all of them all the time. Nope, couldn't take a night off to watch more DA. /hugesigh
We are here for you and I can sympathize. Jason and I had and ectopic pregnancy in 2009 that we had to end at 10 weeks and it was a hard time for me, espcially when I had friends who at the same time were pregnant. Vent, to us honey...Cry, email us, call us (do you have my number?) and know that we are all here for you. I'm not going to offer tons of platitudes because having been there I know that is not what you want to or need to hear, but just know you will always have our love!!!
I'm listening...so many of us can understand where you are. I know I can't tell you how to make it better. But I can always offer a listening ear...and a strong shoulder.
Miss you and know that we are here to support you.
I'm so sorry you are struggling right now. I just want to tell you that we are here for you and I totally understand how it feels to have people make those comments to you, they hurt no matter how the person wants it to come across.
I heart you! You know that though. ;)
I'm sorry you're struggling.
Although I haven't been trying to have kids, I do want to be married and have kids more than anything. I know how hard it is to see all your friends getting married and having kids when that is what you want!
My sister is pregnant and I am really happy for her too, but it does sting a little!
I'll be praying for you!
I just want to come to NC and give you a giant hug. I love and miss you.
Awe Amanda... I feel for you. Please stay positive. Big hugs!!!!!
Just lending support here. I can't relate to what you're going through but I can certainly empathize. We're all here for you sweetie...because here you can vent, cry, throw an actual temper tantrum and we'll love you anyway. ((HUGS))
Love you. I think everything you are feeling is just that YOUR feelings. Not right or wrong. YOURS. You are NOT an ass. Far from it. You are wonderful, supportive, loving and positive. Sending you hugs and love.
I have never wanted to talk to a fellow blogger face to face more in my life.
I was just thinking about you this morning and how I miss your blogs.
Amanda, I have no idea what to do or say, but I am here to listen and tell you that you are a wonderful person and sister from my point of view.
You are brave for posting what so many others would afraid to write about. Sending hugs your way. If you need anything please ask....I can listen with the best of them.
{{BIG hugs}}
I'm listening :)
Ahhh, sweety. First of all, I miss you loads!
Second, i know its hard. people are stupid sometimes. I get soooo tired of everyone asking us when we're going to start. At first I was excited, now I'm like all zip lipped about it, because, just like you I don't want to deal with any comments later.
It'll get better. I promise. Just keep your chin up. Maybe get out and take a walk?! That might help.
HUGS!
I am sorry hun, sending lots of hugs your way. I soooooo can relate with how your feeling. We tried for 4 years to conceive with no luck, In those 4 years my sister got pregnant with her first baby and it hit me to a core I never thought it would. I was happy for her but jealous and when she found out she had the nerve to say hurry up and get pregnant so we can be pregnant together, if it was only that easy! I will keep you in my prayers that your turn comes soon, don't give up hope! It took us 4 years to conceive Gage and it was worth the wait.
Thanks for coming back to the blogging world:)
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllll........ Well said. You ARE brave for posting this. We are in the same boat. We should talk...like soon, if you are up to it. Love you! Miss you! Hope to chat soon my love!
awwww lovie my heart aches for you :( and i won't even try to say cheesy things to cheer you up bc i know all too well how that never works! lol
I now feel like SUCH a loser bc I am turning 30 in a little less than 3 months and I'm not even having a party, let alone a five star shin dig like you did for your sister!! LOL
Man.. my heart goes out to you. That really stinks that they kept drawing comparisons between your sister's situation and yours. It's so hard to withstand that kind of needling, even if it is well-intentioned. It would have been much better if they just left it alone, or waited and sent an e-mail later on.
Well, one good way of looking at it is that, if you hadn't taken your life into your own hands, you'd not only be the only one without kids, you'd be the fattest one in the room, too... So, things could be worse...
Hang in there. And BTW, that party sounded awesome (other than the needling part).
Goddamnit. What are these peoples' numbers? I need numbers so I can say, "Please don't make Amanda cry. That's the opposite of help."
People have the best of intentions, I know... but if it wasn't even brought up except by them, what made them think it was okay to talk about?
I love you. I'm here if you need to talk about it. *hugs*
Damn. Now I probably just brought it up too late and made it worse. Grr.
Very brave! I love you and will listen any damn time you want!!
I love you.
Hugs for you Amanda. Sometimes we friends just don't know what to say. We want to make it better but instead we say things that are more hurtful. You're loved, know that.
I'm sorry to hear your dealing with all this. I wish there was more I could say or offer. Always here to listen/vent to. I have been there with our last pregnancy, had a miscarriage... on top of issues from it. I decided after that no more children. I also see my best friend dealing with this and she will be 35 this year. I know its a struggle... ((HUGS))
Hey where did you go? I must have missed this post in my own busy-ness.
I hope you are doing OK and have found some peace about things. I know from friends how rough it can be when you want to be pregnant and are not.
Please update, and know you CAN be honest without worries on your blog.
Cheers... DL
Post a Comment