Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fabulous Weekend!

Let me start by saying that *drum roll please* I have my FIRST follower! YAY!

Never thought it would make me so happy but Linda..if you are reading this you have been the icing on the cake to a fabulous weekend!

This weekend has been wonderful! *as I enjoy a glass of wine* My husband and I have a favorite band that we see as much as we can. Actually this is the band that perhaps kept us talking after meeting. So they hold a special place in my heart. Plus they just rock! Anyhow, they played a gig this weekend in Asheville, NC and we bought tickets, got a hotel room, and went for sushi.



Asheville is a interesting little city in western North Carolina. Really great restaurants and bars, fantastic shopping, interesting people, and occasionally really good music! PLUS it is not far from home. If you've never been to the mountains of NC then this is a beautiful place to visit!

The band my husband and I love is called Porcupine Tree and they are from England. My husband introduced me to them before we even imagined we'd be a couple. Especially since he was in England and I was in NC. But here we are several years later. Anyway, they co-headlined with another band that is especially know in the 16-21 year olds I'd guess. Where as our band has been playing together for 20 years. Still similar music but different. I think they were playing with this band to bridge the generation gap. Good idea but I felt so old in a way. I was sitting next to a girl who was 11 years younger then me! She was sweet and we were giggling together about how cute the band members were! Either way it was fun!

This morning we woke up, had brunch, and went shopping! Yay. He indulges me really!
No major shopping because I have banned myself from buying clothes until I get banded and start losing weight! Prizes if you will! But I did get some books, a new hat, and a new tank top for yoga!

I have always been an observer or people. But I found myself really watching people this weekend. Trying to think and picture what I will look like 70 lbs down. What kind of clothes will I wear? Then I started to think about what people think of when they look at me? Partly because I was looking at some larger girls and admittedly some smaller girls and thinking to myself "what on earth are you wearing?" or "I am sure there is something more flattering then that!" But do people think that in regards to me?? Oh well, doesn't truly matter..but I am overly conscience of the way I dress because of being overweight. But why are some people not?

I'll be thrilled to be in smaller clothes. Not just gravitate towards shoes and jewelry when shopping with friends in "normal" clothing stores!

If you're reading this.. What are the things you will look forward to after being banded? Or if you are banded what was been a happy surprise for you after losing the weight?

9 comments:

Linda said...

Amanda - I'm glad I could help improve your weekend.
I love this post - I grew up in NC and went to college at UNC-Asheville. It's such a beautiful area.
To answer your question - I think the happiest surprise or feeling I've had so far is that I'm finally at a place where I feel pretty "normal". I buy my clothes in normal stores and I think people who didn't know me 6 months ago wouldn't guess that I was so overweight. I still have some to go, but a see a light at the end of the fat tunnel.
Now let's get you some followers. :)

Maria said...

Hi Amanda! Linda sent me. Looking forward to following your journey!

Angela said...

Hi Amanda! I found you through Linda. You are beginning an awesome journey. Can't wait to watch your success.

Anonymous said...

Hi . . I too found you through Linda. Good luck! For the blog, I suggest maybe getting a counter. It will allow you to see how many page loads you've had. Not everyone who reads regularly also follows.

http://words-of-weight.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Thanks Linda for the shout out! Nice to meet you girls..Maria, Angela, and AtoZ. Good idea AtoZ. I am new to the blogger world so I guess I need to wander around a bit and find out how you put a counter up! Thanks for the advice! :)

Jenny said...

Found you through Linda, looking forward to following you!

Cindylew said...

Linda sent me and I am follower #16.
Good luck on this journey.

Michelle said...

I was sent over here by Linda. Just wanted to stop by say hi and I look forward to reading your blog.

Bonnie said...

Hi, Amanda - Found you through Linda. It's funny, I've "only" lost 23 lbs, but I already find myself dressing a little differently. I was thin for a few years in my 20s before kids, but I obviously won't be wearing those outfits, so I've been looking through style magazines to start working on my fashion sense. I'm looking forward to following you.