Sunday is our one day to sleep in! Notice I am awake? Although it is 8 right now I was up about 1.5 hours ago! about 45 minutes after I normally wake up! Oh well! I have my coffee and I've caught up on reading!
This week has been full of ups and downs but I am happy to say I am on the upward trend of that pattern! Thanks to a lot of you chiming in for support!
Chris and I went to Asheville to pick up the rest of my dining room chairs and 1 bedside table! Lovely! We went to whole foods and I ogled over all the fancy ingredients that I wanted. Bought some too! I love fabulous grocery stores! Is that pathetic? I really love to cook and being in t his tiny town I can't always find everything I need. But it is getting better! Then we went for sushi at our favorite place. We always over do it simply because it is so flipping good! But we did pretty well this time! We've found our favorite combo and it is yummmo. The sashimi salmon was to die for too and I am typically not a sashimi kinda gal! I can do raw fish. But not just a slice on its own! So that was fun and we got home early too!
Saturday I went to the ASU/Western Carolina game with a friend from college and her family. We haven't seen each other in about a year so it was great to catch up! Plus her family is pretty entertaining. We had some really tasty tailgating treats and a few adult bevies. Ever heard of Whipped Vodka? Vanilla flavored? I've had vanilla flavored but normally in coke. (I didn't like it) But my friend aunt made a cocktail with whipped vodka and orange juice. Tasted just like a dreamcicle. (did I spell that right??) Anyway for any of you sweet cocktail lovers out there it was very good. I am not a sweet cocktail lover and one was way more then enough. But still tasty! My friend and I never made it into the game. It was supposed to be 72 degrees so she brought her new puppy (her husband was out of town and couldn't keep the pup). If it was cool enough she would have been fine with open windows and so on. But it was nearly 86 in the hot sun so we stayed back and really had a better time then if we went to the game. Besides. I know little about football. But I am happy to announce my team won. I think!
No big plans this week thank goodness. I have a training session in the morning and yoga on Tuesday and I WILL be going to both!
One thing...Chris' grandmother is dying. She has had a stroke in recent months and recovered to the point that she could go home. In the last week or so she had a heart episode and has gone down hill since. She is now resting comfortably with the help of morphine and everyone is asked to say their goodbyes. Chris' dad is one of 7 children. So there are tons of grandchildren and great grands. Not that he doesn't have so relationship with her..it just isn't so very close. However Chris is upset for his father. Naturally of course. This is a set back of living in the US while his family lives in the UK. It isn't easy or cheap to get home. My husband doesn't complain about living here (he loves it actually) he doesn't often get home sick and if he does it isn't for long and he is so good about being close to my family. But these are the times when he feels the distance. I am sad for my husband.
Ohh...two days in a row my weight has been 238.4. Haven't weighted today since I am letting the hubs sleep in. But I am happy and hope that my enemies weren't playing tricks on me with the scale again.
Happy Sunday everyone!
~A

7 comments:
Kudos on integrating exercise into your life. I found a yoga class that meets at the rec center the same time my sons are having their swimming lessons.
Have a great Sunday.
Please tell Chris I am sorry about his Grams.. He and his family will be in our prayers..
Sounds like you had a terrific weekend! Wadda tailgate - don't know if I would have gone into the game either! And post pics of your new furniture, too!
We have a Whole Foods - about 90 miles away (small town stuff). Being a "foodie" too, I love to spend and afternoon there and at Wegmans in Erie. It's like a shopping dream - especially after shopping at the little "Mom and Pops" here! I love the little stores here, they just don't have quite the selection.
Enjoy your Sunday!!
So sorry to hear about Chris's Grandma, must be hard for him.
I love grocery shopping too, will mean nothing to you but a Waitrose has recently opened in the town that I live in and I am in heaven!
Sending prayer for the gramdma and your family ♥
I LOVE fancy little grocery stores too. We have so many locally and I love spending an afternoon checking out everything. I recently tried Asian Spiced Rum Soy; it tasted JUST like chicken. Yum!
It's such a great feeling when you get into a new weight range. Congrats!
So sorry about your hubby's grandmother. He'll be in my thoughts. I love fancy grocery stores too! I don't cook much but it totally inspires me to.
Where have you been, Girlfriend??? I'm worried about you - haven't seen you in days!
Post a Comment