First of all...for those of you who don't know, my husband and I run our family business. We are an Equipment Rental company along with some event items too...
So things like trachoes and skid steers, log splitters, concrete machines, tillers, on and on. I have tables, chairs, linens, wine glasses...stuff like that!
I rented out 110 napkins. 2 weeks ago. They picked them up the Thursday before the wedding and brought them back today! 2 weeks later. No..that is not part of the agreement. I have been calling this chick (who is not the bride) asking her to return them. "Heeeheee hee giggle giggle..I am so sorry I keep forgetting". *gag* "I'll be there tomorrow" says she. I say okay, Just remember the longer they sit the more stains that won't come out and the more you have to pay! That was last Tuesday.
So she brings them in today. Pays the fee, giggles a bit and goes. I start counting the napkins out. White, linen, napkins. I find gum, a BBQ sandwich, and mold all over my napkins. I am not talking about a few napkins I am talking about well over 75 of them are molded and mildewed. Who in the hell goes to a wedding and sticks gum on a linen napkin?? Who in the hell wraps a whole bbq sandwich in a linen napkins, and who in the hell leaves them in there car to mildew for 2 weeks? My customers that's who.
To replace those napkins will be so expensive and I bet the giggly girl will try and argue. But I will win. They did not leave in this condition and you signed a contract.
Let me tell you I am so easy to get along with. I make exceptions for people, we live in some hard times and I am here to make a living only. But stupidity and blindly ruining property is not something I can let go. GRRRRRRRRRRR
Another thing..this is nicer. I am having a cocktail party for the ladies at my house in a two weeks! Of course you are all welcome to attend but I figured it is quite the drive. But come.
Either way, I am hosting this party for a friend who sells Thirty One items! It is a home based type thing but the stuff is really kinda cute. Purses, wallets, bags, cooler bags, stuff like that!
I hate doing these parties because I think people feel like they HAVE to buy something. So I am making it as fun as possible.
I thought I would extend the invite to you all and if you are interested I will send you a link to the magazine so you shop online! But don't feel obligated! :) Oh and I can't send you a cocktail through the mail. Sorry!
~A


6 comments:
Yuk, that's horrible. Hope that you make them pay a fortune!
No martini in the mail??? What's up with that?? You'll have fun at the Thirty One party - just enjoy it!
And, shame on those incredibly insensitive people who ruined your napkins - I would send them a bill for replacement AND damages! I just can't imagine.... "Stupidity" should be paid for.. good for you!
LOVE me a cocktail and a thirty-one party. Ummm, where is "here"? Are you close to Knoxville ;) I feel the same way about hosting parties also, but they usually turn out well. I'm sure your's will also. Is there a new winter catalog? or still just the fall?
Are you on FB? If so, feel free to friend me - facebook.com/bryantgirl.
P.S. I got so happy about the thirty-one I forgot to say BOO! to the napkins. You have to keep us updated on how this plays out! Sorry for the damage; I can't fathom how someone could be so careless.
Seriously, what is the matter the people? The extent of people's sloppy and inconsiderate ways never cease to amaze me. And not to be all uppity, but who's serving bbq sandwiches at a wedding? I'm just thinking of myself and my general rule of no bbq sauce near a white dress?!?!
I feel your pain...that is just plain tacky and rude what they did!!!! Hope that you can salvage some of your napkins or at least recover some money for the damages. Yikes!
Post a Comment