Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fabulous Day...

This week has not been that fabulous. But nothing to terribly depressing just not grand! But today I feel great, a look nice, and my period has left the building!

Now if those lbs I seemed to have gained the last 4 days could go that would be lovely!

Yesterday we delivered 250 wooden chairs to a wedding in Ga. Which is only about 40 miles away. We map quested the directions and followed them perfectly. However, we live in the sticks ya'll and nothing is cut and dry! Chris was hauling a box cargo trailer with our beautiful truck. We made the right turn onto the gravel narrow road that was in the directions and proceeded to climb. Remember we live in the mountains too! Twists and turns and up and up. DEAD END! No place to turn around. My husband, the master or trucks and tailors, backed our 3/4 ton and trailer all the way down a one mile road. One miss step and the truck and trailer could have rolled down the mountain! Not to shabby for my small car driving English boy!

We made it there finally and unloaded all these chairs in the rain. (I watched..bad me) The place was beautiful and the bride was so happy that we brought them out to her. She had plenty of money to spend so we would have done it anyway. She even invited us to go to the rehearsal dinner with them last night! I declined! But who does that?!? People in the south do!

So needless to say I have yucky customers who leave bbq sandwich's in fine linen napkins but we also have fabulous ones who appreciate us too.

Speaking of rotting napkins...I am still dealing with them! The mildew is fading and I think I will be able to rescue 3/4 of them. But only after 2 bottles of bleach and literally 6 loads..plus the dry cleaners. So I am still charging her a fee. Damnit.

So I am having this party that I mentioned a post back or so!
I am making some fabulous food. And Lisa, I promise to take pictures. I am going to use my fancy stuff. Limoges and silver. I decided to cook everything and make blood orange and pomegranate mimosas. There will be wine and other things but the signature drink will be that. I am really looking forward to it.

Nothing planned for the weekend. I need to straighten my house up. I need to get into my small and suffering flower garden and prepare it for winter and I need to force my husband to work on the basement! He'll love it!

Ohh I have been good! I went to yoga this week and so far 2 days at the gym. 30 minutes on the treadmill and then some weight lifting. Already planning to go tomorrow!! I was want to have lost weight when I go to the Dr. on Monday! I guess that is about it for now! See ya's!

~A

5 comments:

~Lisa~ said...

I am thrilled you're back - I've missed YOU! And thank you for remembering that I love, love, love photos! I can't wait!! Your menu sounds scrumptious and I am sooooo wishing I could be there too!

Keep on those awful folks who ruined your napkins!! And I loved reading about your wonderful customers, too! They can make it sooo much worth it!

MandaPanda said...

Seriously, go get the napkin people! I'm glad you have the nice customers too though. I don't know what I'd do if I had been driving the truck. I think it would just be left up there forever! That drink sounds divine!!! Makes me want to partake in the festivities

Annie said...

Hey there. Nice to hear from you, here an on my blog. I can't wait to see the pics from your party! I love the new layout too.

xoxo
a

Bonnie said...

Good job on the working out. Can't wait to see pics from the fab party. I love the signature drink.

Read said...

I'm so glad there are good customers out there too. I am capable of many things, but backing a truck hauling a trailer down a curvy road... nope. That's not one of them - kudos to your hubby!!