Dec. 13th at 9:30 am.
No barium swallow! Yay
Liquids start tomorrow! Double yay (sarcasm)
The reason I ask about pain meds in my last post is I get sick to my stomach with vicodin, percocet, loratab...etc. Morphine works and darvocet through my iv has worked in the past. But since I have a high pain threshold I am hoping I won't need much.
My protien powder hasn't made it yet but I suppose I will stop by the store for a few liquid type items. Any suggestions for me??
Please excuse any spelling mistakes I am posting from a teeny tiny key board.

7 comments:
Try GNC's chocolate Whey Isolate protein mix. I tastes good and I started trying the shake with cofee in the am. It is a nice, light, protein rich breakfast.
During my liquid phase, jello,non fat jello pudding and strained broth was so helpful.
I use Crystal Light's Fruit Punch as my diet coke replacement. I haven't hand soda since Sept and I don't miss it. I've tasted it again recently and I don't miss it. I feel so much better.
Looking forward to hearing about your surgery and your successes and your NSVs!
I made sure to have some soup and really that saved me. So many other liquids/proteins are sweet. It was nice to have a savory change. I made a chicken enchilada soup - the recipe is on my blog. It was mostly smooth - only the little pieces of chicken in cream of chicken soup remained. And I used tomato soup made with milk for a little protein as well.
I second the GNC chocolate protein..... and the strawberry is amazing!!
Trader Joe's broth and tomato soup. They are absolutely fabulous! Way more flavor than the canned stuff. Jello and popsicles (not chocolate - after all the protein shakes, you won't want chocolate). So excited for you!
I lived on soups for weeks after before and after surgery. Lipton soup mix is ok. Strong sodium aftertaste though. I really can't remember eating anything else. Gosh that sounds lame! haha
I agree, soups are a good change from the sweet stuff. I made some clam chowder and blinded it and frooze it for after surgery, not bad. I all so added instant mash potatos to some soups to make the a little thicker.
Good luck!
Premier Nutricion ready-made protein shakes from Costco are very good.
I stayed two nights in the hospital and I don't know what they gave me, but I remember them saying something about avoiding narcotics because they can cause nausea. After I got home, Ibuprophen was fine. I think I took it on day #3 and then didn't need anything.
I used a pretty liberal definition of liquids and ate any kind of soup for the first week including vegetable soup, cream soups, etc. Then I switched to mushies. I wasn't hungry until about day #5 or #6 (when I was violently hungry)and then I started adding cottage cheese and other mushies. You probably shouldn't listen to me :)
Post a Comment