I just posted this in Lap Band Gal comments box and decided it would be a perfect title! But it is true! That is exactly what I am doing! Oh my goodness are they bad this month. Here I am just waiting around for "it" to start..feeding my face!
I was so good for Thanksgiving. I even lost a lb. Yes I said it. Lost a lb. The only food I was interested in was the mashed potatoes. I only had a serving (probably more then an ACTUAL serving) of them. I probably didn't even eat a serving of turkey though. Skipped the dessert..but I made pumpkin ricotta custards with homemade whipped cream. I heard they were yummy. But I drank a glass of wine instead! So no over eating (or drinking). One lb gone!
Friday morning gave way to a feeling of being proud of myself. "Give and inch take a mile" philosophy apparently set it. Oh, you can treat yourself now. Good girl! Ohh your surgery will be soon and so will the liquid diet, you can treat yourself now!! Ohh you want to rip your uterus out of your body and throw it against the wall..go ahead drink that coffee with the extra peppermint mocha cream that you NEVER FLIPPIN LET YOURSELF BUY! You deserve it.
The only thing I can truly be thankful for is that everytime a felt lazy in regards to cooking over the weekend, I did not go out to dinner..Which would be my normal M O. I did make fairly healthy dinners. It has been the snacking in between for me. Which I am really good at NOT doing!
So I have been waiting with baited breath (or bated breathe if you are Shakespeare) for someone. ANYONE to call me about my insurance "passing or failing" me for surgery. I understand that it has been a holiday and the people who draw the paperwork up deserve a holiday too. But come on, don't they realize I am ready to start the rest of my life!?!
My surgeon is ready to go. He will make sure I get this done before the holidays as long as the insurance goes through. But honestly people...if the insurance doesn't accept it what do I do next? Re file? Or pay for this out of pocket? I would do that. I seriously would. I want this and need this.
A month ago I wouldn't have even dreamed that I would have this surgery before Christmas. Now I am trying my hardest not to dream about it.
My dear sweet husband is working is tail off to get "my" room done for me before Dec. 15th. My room consists of a craftroom in the basement (there will be exercise stuff too but craftroom sounds prettier). He is custom building me a desk with loads of shelves and I am so proud! My Chris never in his life did any of this kinda stuff before me moved to the US. I mean he did some ikea putting together! But he really enjoys it. He learned a lot from my dad and some friends when they were building the drum studio and since then he has taken off! Building frames and shelves...desks...repairing old tables..etc. I am just so proud! A little bossy..but proud! (I must remember to say it to him and not just you girls)
Now the deadline was given to him by my sister and my dear friend Robin. Robin has to have some minor surgery on the 13th and my sister is out from Nursing school around that time too..and both would like to come and use SAID room for some holiday card making. I was never in my life a crafter until I met Robin. I would work on the odd project. But she is a scrapbooker and invited me to an evening of paper when we first became close. Since then I might be slightly addicted to it. Although I haven't REALLY done anything since we moved here because of lacking the space. I refuse to take everything out and leave it on the dining room table. I would do that if our dining and living rooms weren't connected and tiny. Clutter just makes this room smaller. I can do clutter in rooms I don't use! :) Anyway so we all plan to get together and craft hopefully while I am healing, Robin is healing, and my nursey sister can heal us!
If this sounds as if I am spoiled. Then you would be right. I am. I prefer lucky. Because I am not a brat. My husband might say other wise but that would be after I have made him pancakes *lol*. I am lucky. I am lucky to have a handy husband who allows me to have my way a lot. This room, My room, has been a long time coming. I have worked hard in my adult life and I am not done working hard either. So this is a treat for me.
Now for our regularly scheduled Sunday. Gonna make breakfast from my Chris. Then straighten up a little. Continue to drink coffee and take ibuprofen for my very noticeably painful uterus, and then we are walking with the "Hiking Club" in the Christmas parade this afternoon. I vote we skip it. But I will be out voted by the man and the beast (dog). Juna (the dog) will throw up afterward because of all the treats and peanuts people will have dropped. But she will still love it. People in this town love that stinkin dog with her backpack on!
Ta Ta Ladies. Sorry for the ramble!
~A


4 comments:
You sound very luck in deed! just a little heads up though, if you are hoping to get the surgery scheduled quickly, I'd skip to Tylenol instead of ibuprofen. At least for me that was a requirement. I had to switch at least two weeks before surgery. anyway, best of luck to you!
PLEASE don't rip your uterus out and throw it against the wall!! I'm not sure I could handle reading the post you'll write about the clean up!
And, you are a very lucky - a "blessed" woman! Chris is a special one - and he deserves YOU. 'cause you're pretty special, too! I can't wait to see the pictures of your room! Please share when he's through!!
I'll be saying extra prayers, keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that you hear reallyyyy soon about your surgery! You've worked so hard to get to this point, and I imagine the wait is horrendous.. I'm here for you!
Enjoy your Sunday and try a heating pad or a hot bath - used to work for me!!
Chris sounds just perfect, but then you're pretty great too so deserve each other!
Hope that you hear from the insurance company really soon.
You do sound lucky but it's all well deserved. Don't let the slip ups bother you. We all have them. Dust yourself off and get back on program. Hopefully your insurance company will let you know the decision soon.
Post a Comment