Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Homemade sugar scrub! A fabulous gift!~Recipe







White Cane Sugar Scrub

1 cup -  Sugar
1 cup - vegetable oil
Oil from 1 vitamin E capsule
1 or 2 drops - of essential oil, lavender or orange
1 16oz. - glass container with lid

Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended. Using a spatula, transfer mix into the container and secure lid. Contents will settle, mix before using. Scoop a teaspoon or two of the scrub on your hands and gently massage in circular motions onto your skin. Leave on for 3 to 4 minutes before thoroughly rinsing. The scrub will tighten on your skin.


I used vanilla oil, separated into little cute jelly jars!






Just had another small dinner party! Just 4 of us! Fabulous food. Easy but it really was yummy! I swear my life isn't this busy all the time. This couple is retired and lives partly in Florida and are getting ready to leave for the winter! Chris backpacks with the husband and the wife and I get along so well. Kindred spirits. She loves yoga and martinis...Wine and yummy food! I cooked salmon, baked spinach, and roasted potatoes. 
I have a trick with the salmon. Use Thai Sweet Chili sauce and wrap it in aluminum foil and bake it! No mater what the fish turns out amazing! 


One more day until my appointment! My friend said she hoped that it was after Christmas so I could still go to all the parties. My response was "I hope it was before Christmas, so 2011 starts new!" Yay.

5 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks for the scrub recipe, I'm thinking of making some for Christmas presents if I can find some nice pots to put it in.

So excited for your appointment, hope that you get a date before Christmas!

Jen said...

Yay Christmas Presents! LOVE!!!

:)

Jess said...

How cute is that scrub??? Adorable!

I've been promising myself that I would cook seafood more often, especially fish! That salmon sounds yum!

~Lisa~ said...

Thank you for sharing the scrub recipe!! I think I'm going to make some for my "Christmas, Little Bits of Something" - gifts that I give for our choir members and scripture study friends!! They'll LOVE it!

And that salmon sounds absolutely yummy!! I know I would be fast friends with someone who loves martinis and yoga!! Your dinner party sounds like it was lots of fun!! Thank you for sharing!

MandaPanda said...

The scrub sounds heavenly!