Good day ladies! I just got back from the dentist so I have very clean teeth! I hate the dentist..my mouth always feels violated after! But I must go I know! PLUS it is so damn expensive. I mean seriously!
SO...talked to the coordinator for the Surgical Group I will be having surgery with this morning..AND I have an appointment on Friday! HOLY Cow ladies! Wow. I thought that within 2 weeks of my last nutritional class the surgical coordinator would call me for an appointment! NOW I have the appointment the same day as the last class! This Friday! I am super excited and I hope the next few hurdles go quickly! I would love to have the surgery before Christmas. I'd miss the Christmas food but I am really looking forward to starting a new life. I love the life I have...really I do. I'd just like to be thinner and healthy! So here I go! Roll on Friday!
PARTY
My party this weekend went really well! Of course being the host I didn't get to visit with many people as much as I would have liked! I think everyone had a lot of fun! There was rave reviews from all the girls!
I served Blood Orange and Pomegranate Mimosas..plus loads of other drinks..but that was the signature cocktail. I am not a sweet drink girl but I must say they were very tasty. We had Brie and Apple quiches, Ham and Gruyere in phylo dough, Spinach Puffs, Ham and Peach puffs, Ginger/pumpkin Cheese Cupcakes, crab dip, brushetta, Swiss Chard and ricotta thingys, Citrus Shrimp, and roasted zucchini spears. I think the cupcakes, shrimp, crab dip, and ham and peach puffs were the most popular!
About 6 girls including me stayed until about 1 am just visiting and finishing up the champagne. I didn't over indulge on the eating or drinking really but I enjoyed it all. Monday morning as I am backing out of the driveway for work I see one lonesome wineglass in the carport. It was almost smashed! So someone was really enjoying wine outside too!
 |
| My New Dishwasher! |
 |
| This was my party favor. Homemade sugar scrub! |
 |
| Food |
 |
| Nothing really. Just shows my new denim sofa. My mother is the blond. She tells very animated stories! |
 |
| Some of the girls. My sister Rose is the one with the black boots, my mom is the blond! My bff Robin is the one in maroon to the left of the lamp! |
 |
| The Thirty One items. Yes..and the red carpet! It is growing on me. I like bright colors but this shows every speck of dirt! |
 |
| Only on pic of me the whole night! I don't love it but it is proof I was there! The other girl is a friend from highschool. |
 |
| The nasty old oven..But 36 cupcakes round ONE. I burned these. All of them! |
I really had a good time but I am glad it is over!
 |
| Could use a little lipstick! |
Here is one last picture from today! Since I had the camera with me I thought I would put an updated on online! I am in my workout clothes in my dirty office! But there ya go!
Oh, my husband, in case I haven't said before, is a really really good drummer. He doesn't say so but I do. People are always blown away when they hear him. However when he moved to the states to marry me (blush) he gave up his band. Since then we built a studio outside the house (mostly sound proof thank goodness) and he has played with a few bands. But we live in a really tiny area so finding the right fit is hard. Last week two guys came in and said that they heard he was a drummer and would he come and sit in a practice sometime. He went last Wednesday and they LOVED him. So finally a group of guys to play with. Creatively speaking it isn't his "type" of music that he likes to write. But he doesn't care as long as he is playing. I am really happy and I hope it works out because he really is happy when he can play music. So that is good news too. Plus..and shhh don't tell him...I find it really really attractive to watch him play! *blush again*
8 comments:
Oh my GOODNESS, Girlfriend!! Where do I begin?? I love, love, love your home! ..and the dishwasher, and the looks of the food! It looked like a tremendous party - I wish I were there!! Good for YOU!!
And, congrats on the surgery coming SOOON!! Wowowowow! That is soooooo wonderful! I am so happy for YOU!
AND, I love that the Hubs found someone to play his music with - and that you love watching him! I understand him - and I'm happy for him and YOU!!
Thank you for the photos - you really made my day!!
Looks like a fun party and I love the pic of you at the end. That's awesome that you have the appt this week! It'll be here before you know it - and you'll probably get a bite or two of the Christmas food, too. :)
I'm so excited for you! Things are moving along!
The pics are awesome, the drinks sound fabulous and the food looked delicious! Your so crafty and I love it! :) I hope your party was a success. I had just placed a huge order prior to hearing about your party or I would've ordered something. Catch me next time, k?
On the surgery front - I am so excited to hear the great news. My fingers will crossed for a pre-Christmas surgery date!! I think it will, remember - pre-certs only last 30 days? So exciting!!
Looks like a fantastic party! I love hosting parties; hopefully I can get back into it when we go back to the US. Although, I think you're much better at it than I am--homemade sugar scrub?!?? Geez, I think that could put anyone to shame! :) Oh, not to mention that you are super cute! I love your hair.
My fingers are crossed that you can have the surgery before Christmas--it'd be a great present for yourself!
So glad that you had a good time, your house is lovely.
I'd love the sugar scrub recipe if you have a moment to post it. Thank you x
Great news about Chris's band and very exciting about your band!
I don't know why I keep forgetting that you haven't had surgery yet! Haha...I guess I am just hell-bent on thinking you are a bandster already!
Great pics!
Post a Comment