Where ever you are...you can stay there!
The whole situation was okay really. It didn't taste that bad but having to gulp it down, I almost retched. Sorry. But it is true.
Yesterday was a bit of a stress. I got up and left early for the lab work, chest xray and barium swallow. Remember ladies, it is an hour and some away. Well as soon as I got to Asheville I got stuck in traffic. Bumper to bumper! I gave myself 45min before my appointment and was still late! Then I forgot my directions. No problem I know where the hospital is..just go until you find the building! Sounds easy enough..NOPE. They are doing some much construction that I ended up in 4 different buildings before I found it! The lab work went well. Only one stab from a completely un-interested lab tech. Then off to the x-ray and swallow. Remember that I am fasting at this point for the lab work..my swallow was right after that so no time to eat. I had some water and away I went. My PA for the swallow was fantastic. Explained everything and showed me the pictures. The barium itself was so flipping heavy. I was thinking that when I got home I would be a lb more then when I left..but nope. Strange.
After the swallow (about 1) I was in no way hungry at all. I didn't want anything to eat or drink. I take that back. I wanted french fries..but not pureed ones. I didn't manage to eat anything until about 5. So protein was neglected yesterday.
Ladies I am doing so well. The first day was the worst. I am getting my protein in by drinks! I even have found that I like the chocolate ones with a little splash of peppermint mocha coffee mate. I am struggling on the water drinking. But trying to get better! Plus I am past my goal weight for pre surg. For 2 days I have been there but I wanted to make sure. So now I am on my way to really losing. About 15lbs now. Proud but I also know that if I wasn't going to be banded in NINE DAYS that I would gain that weight back. I know I would!
My husband is doing well at feeding himself. I'm worried about him. He is worried about this surgery. He says he is really proud of me and how well I am doing with the "rules" but he is scared about me going under. I am so totally not. I just hope that is really all it is. I think he feels a little guilty for leaving me on Christmas to go home but I am okay with it. He wants to be here to take care of me but that will be 11 days after surgery and I think I will be just fine! Plus i have my mom and sister! He is a worrier. I love him dearly.
Linda suggested we all post pictures or a song clip from the weekend to put us in the Christmas spirit. I think I will. I am not full of Christmas Spirit yet. Not unhappy either. Just focusing on the surgery and how excited to know that my life is going to change for the better! But I do want to enjoy the holiday. Next weekend we are invited to an "Ugly Sweater" party at my best friends! They can be Christmas types or just plain ugly sweaters. This will be 2 days before my surgery and I will be surrounded by people who love me but do not know. So I have decided to make yummy flavorful soup to add to the food so no one will be suspicious and no martinis for me. Sad. But doable.
Well I guess I have babbles enough! Hope you all are well and I look forward to seeing your Christmasy pictures!
Ohh and I am still loving buttermilk! Not so much the unflavored protein. I can't seem to get it to dissolve correctly. Gaak. Sorry LDswims I'll keep trying though! I really thought that the unflavored was going to be for me. Love Love LOVING Click powder and then just the regular old chocolate from walmart brand. The key for me is to blend it with my hand mixer!
Until later ~A

6 comments:
Thank you so much for your kind offer, I wouldn't expect Chris to bring back protein powder for me, I think that I'll be ok with the slimfast. You are so lovely.
15 lbs down is fantastic, poor Chris, I think that its sometimes worse for the other halves than it is for us. You'll be fine after 11 days.
I had the same experience with my sallow and tests, I had to be at my nutritionist first thing in the morning. By swallow wasn't til two hours later, so I was STARVING by the time I got it over with! You really do attend some really interesting get togethers! I love the idea of the ugly sweater party! I would love to see pictures of that!
15 pounds!!!! WHOOOO HOOOO!! You're on your way, Girlfriend!!! I'm so happy that it's going so well for you now - I was really worried about you that first day!!!
The barium IS horrible, and I bet you're glad it's past you - (passing it may be another issue...)
Stay strong!! I'm thinking about YOU!!!
(((hugggssss)))
You are doing great and fantastic!!! I also find that the chocolate shake chugged with warm coffee and milk is not bad!
You're doing fantastic! I've got to try this Click stuff. I HATE protein shakes but really need to up my protein intake throughout the day. Looking for something for breakfast that quick and easy and I can take to work.
Glad your feeling comfortable with the surgery, being stressed certainly wouldn't help much. I often don't really want to eat anything but french fries, I only give in sometimes...
Post a Comment