Good morning ladies! Good morning to all my new followers too! I saw the other day that I have just passed 70 followers. Wow! Thanks guys. I can not tell you how good it is to all this support. Especially when I am down or hungry you guys are always so quick to pick me up!
70 is a good number in my mind because that is my "goal" weight to lose. The first goal that is. That will get me to 165. Then from there we shall see! Hell if I can get under 200 I would be thrilled! I haven't seen anything below 200 in a very long time!
So as far as my diet goes..DAY 3. Yesterday was much better then the first and today so far seems to be okay as well! Jello pudding temptations are fabulous and other then that I am sticking to soups! I had a pretty good one last night. Chicken enchilada soup that another bandster suggested. The down side is that it is FULL of sodium. I mean way more then I normally have. But I am careful the rest of the day!
I just got my Click powder and my Isopure unflavored in minutes ago. So I suppose those are next to try! I also got 70 g of protein yesterday which was much more then on day one.
Want to know something that has really helped me?? Buttermilk. It is an acquired taste for sure. Not everyone will like it but for me it was something to drink fairly quick like. It was not chalky and vitaminy like protein and it was quick..I didn't have to mix it up. It has 90 cals for 8oz and either 9 or 10 g of protein. SO it was a good filler during the day! Shockingly enough I really enjoyed it and even had a second glass later in the evening!
Tomorrow I do infact have a barium swallow and a chest xray. I figured I would but I was hoping to avoid going back to Asheville before surgery. But off I go tomorrow. I have lab work first (fasting) and then the swallow. The best thing for me to about going to Asheville for these appointments is having lunch at a nice place! Being that I am on all liquids I can't really do that. I can think of no place that I would want to go an just have soup. So I am packing my thermos. Tomato basil I think. But what I want is PF Changs. :)
I want to thank you all again. These comments and encouraging words, pats on the back, suggestions, and concerns...they really mean a lot. So Cheers to you all (holding up my V-8)

10 comments:
You are doing so great, and it will all be worth it in the end! I love the tomato basil!
Good luck with the tests. You're doing great with the liquid - I never had to do that except the day before so I'm always impressed by the 2 week diets. I just started using the Click protein drink sometimes - it's good.
You are doing so well! You will be past this before you know it and, believe me, you will never look back. Keep up the great attitude - and I'll be very curious to hear what you think about the unflavored isopure...yummy stuff (in chicken broth, that is)! Lots of great things you can do with that one...
Seems like you are coping very well. You are doing great.
MMMMmmmmmm!! I just LOVE buttermilk, and haven't had some in absolute AGES!! I think I'm going to get me some tomorrow! Thanks for the suggestion!!
I'm thinking about you, Girlfriend!! Keep up the good work!
(((hugggsss)))
I've never tried buttermilk, I must give it a go. You're doing so well on your pre-op. Good luck with the barium swallow tomorrow or is that today now?
Confused of England!
You're doing wonderfully! I didn't have a preop diet...just 3 weeks of liquids after but after is way easier. Keep it up!
Yay, you're getting closer and closer to the big day!
I have only ever cooked with buttermilk (biscuits, cornbread, mac 'n cheese, etc). I have some in the fridge right now--maybe I'll take a taste.
I am so excited for you! The liquid diet got much easier for me the last 5 days or so. You're doing great!
OOOO I'm glad you liked the Chicken Enchilada soup...pretty easy and definitely nice to get something in that tastes almost normal and not too sweet. Good id ea, adding in a little coffeemate in a yummy flavor!!
Post a Comment