In a total of 15 months I have had 2 miscarriages, 2 serious infections from said miscarriages, 1~ 4 day hospital stay from complications, countless antibiotics that stripped my digestive system, countless doctors appointments that resulted in nothing, and one lap band surgery. I know this seems like a depressing post and although I am a little tiny bit down and I miss my husband, but all in all I am so happy to think of what the next year holds. I wore jeans today I haven't tried on in over a year and I played 'Just Dance 2' with a dear friend. And laughed, a lot.
Chris will be home on Sunday, thank goodness. I thought 2 weeks would be nothing. I was wrong. That'll teach me to have surgery a week before he was leaving. Looking forward to having some English goodies from my inlaws when he gets back. I get cooking items. Herbs and spices I can't get in my tiny town. Kaffier lime leaves for one (yum curries)
I have a new addiction...Tazo tea! I have always loved the passion one..but I bought some other flavors to try after buying a cheaper brand that tasted like hot flavored water! They are all so good and I think it is helping my water intake too. I also had a cup of coffee for the first time in quite a while. Before I was an every day coffee drinker..let me tell you it hit me hard. I talked everyone to death today. But I was so happy. I think my Loreal Lip Stain had something to do with it!
This isn't a pitty post. I promise. I just realized today that 14.5 months ago was the last time I was in England. Right after my first miscarriage. It honestly seems like it has been 3 years. But it hasn't. Insanity. And I am alright. There was a time when I thought I might not be. Thank Goodness that is over.
Determined.
my word.
I have been thinking of it a lot.
Determined. I am.

8 comments:
You ARE determined, and that is what I love about YOU! I am sorry about your miscarriages, and wish I could have been there to give you a (((huggg))).. Take one now! They're yours and they're FREE!!
The apps I've downloaded are a bunch from Food Network, The Cookbook is called "MesRecettes" and it's really cool because you put your own recipes in there with photos too! I've downloaded "My Net Diary" - which is a food and exercise journal - I did the free, lite. I didn't need all the bells and whistles of the paid.
Some games (mostly golf) for me and for the GrandAngel.. But, I'm looking at the Mario Batali cookbook and a few others. Let me know what YOU have!!
Determined... love it!
You really have been through an awful time, so glad that Chris will be back with you soon. When Hope that you'll be getting some Yorkshire specialities too, black pudding, parkin and bonfire toffee! Actually, I hate all 3 of those!
Great news about the jeans. You are determined and you will get what you want, I know you will.
Next time you visit England we must try and get together, would be lovely to meet you.
You've been through a lot in the last 15 months. I'm sorry to hear about the miscarriages you suffered. Hugs to you. Glad to hear an old pair of jeans fit and that your hubby will be home soon. Enjoy!
Amanda...
You have taken a lot of proactive measures to manage your health and body. Each day of exercise and good eating is making you stronger and more prepared to be the mother you would like to be. You are determined and committed...that is awesome.
Glad Chris will be back soon.
Oh! I forgot! "Angry Birds" was one of my FIRST apps downloaded!! I am completely and utterly addicted - the Hubs is ready to scream everytime he hears that song (I've had to mute it when he's around...)
Only a couple of days 'till Chris is back! Yay! for BOTH of you!!
I hope this band and life bring you all the wonderful things you deserve!
You are on your way to being healthy and feeling so much better. I love the Tazo too and have to try other flavors. I easily gave up coffee - made a cup this morning and after a sip I wasn't even interested. The Passion Tazo makes great iced tea too which helps with the water intake.
You seem like a very "determined" person. Which means you are going to be able to make it through anything! Always know that you have a support system to lean on.
Post a Comment