Friday, January 7, 2011

ready for a fill..ready to feel something..

Bit frustrated this morning!

It snowed a little last night and is supposed to continue on through out the day. Perhaps up to 4 inches!~ Totally fine with me! If it gets to bad I'll send everyone (including myself) home for an early afternoon.

Tomorrow I am having a birthday party for my friend Robin. I am making Black Bean Enchiladas and Chocolate Raspberry cupcakes and everyone else is bringing the extras! I am also making a couple of batches of the 'Skinny Girl' Margaritas which will prove to be more like a real margarita..ya know sans the sugar.

Wednesday night I had dinner with Robin, her hubs and my God Daughter. She made spaghetti and turkey sausage. I probably ate about an oz of pasta and some sausage. But I had about 8oz of wine before and after dinner! Last night I had my friend Mandy over...I made kielbasa, cabbage, potatoes, and some greens. I ate moderately but had 2 glasses of wine at least after dinner.

I am eating much less. I know that I am. But every once in a while the old habit of eating to quickly happens. Over eating because it tastes good. Not because I am hungry. Because of no real restriction I don't feel the affects. If I eat to quickly and eat to much I am uncomfortable but still I've done it twice now!

Worst yet is that I am drinking more then I think I should be. I guess it will be better when Chris is home because I won't see my girlfriends as much. But I don't want to fall off the "band" wagon before I have even started. Grrr.

Next week I start working out again! I have been walking all along but I can start my little regiment at the gym. I think I will start swimming again soon too. Perhaps after another 5-10 lb loss.

My Doctor is very aggressive in his fill routine as far as I can tell! He says that he will do a fill every 2-3 weeks depending on how I am feeling and eating. He wants me to get to my spot but also tries to be conscience that my fills are included in the surgery package for the first 6 months or so.

So someone tell me this is just bandster hell? That even though I am not really eating quantity but that I can eat just about anything is just bandster hell? Someone tell me how they are getting enough veggies into their diet? Someone tell me that wine constitutes as a fruit/veggie (ha)? Someone be firm but assure me. Please!




7 comments:

MandaPanda said...

Totally bandster hell. I've had 2 fills and it took serious family stress to feel real restriction. However, don't think about the types of food you can eat as a barometer. Think of HOW much you can eat and HOW LONG before you feel hungry again. The time thing is really what makes the difference.

Janelle said...

If you don't have enough restriction to eat 1/3 of what you used to eat, it is bandster hell. The way you get enough veggies and protein and all the stuff your body needs is that you eat only those things and not junk, and you take a multivitamin every day. If you are eating healthy meals each time and taking your vitamin, you should be getting what you need. If you eat junk at your meals, you won't get what your body needs. Now that you can't eat as much as you used to, you have to be picky about what you eat.

Annie said...

Oh, my friend, ,bandster hell. Well, it's hell. You are banded, but it's like before you were banded. No restricion, no help in making the right choices.

Don't worry- the first fill helped me, and the second and now third are really, really helping. You will get through. Take your vitamins!

Island Bandit said...

I got 6cc in my 10cc band for my first fill!!! I had tight restriction and was doing fine with it. a couple months in i had to have 1cc taken out because i'd had a few stuck and pb episodes that got it all irritated and inflamed to the point water couldn't stay down. 2 weeks later i had 1/2cc put back in (last night actually) and today i feel the best and most comfortable restriction i've had yet.
as for fruits and veggies. i don't get a lot of that in. i take vitamins and i also use benefiber. but Janelle is right... when you reach restriction and can only consume a teensy tiny amount of food, you better make sure it's what your body needs!

~Lisa~ said...

Can't help you, Hun - but I'm here supporting YOU! Keep being "Determined" - you'll get there!!

Amanda Kiska said...

Sounds like bandster hell to me. You can pretty much eat what you want without restriction. Sure the quantities are reduced, but if you push it, you can overeat.

You are doing just fine. It is easier once you have restriction. It may also be easier once your husband's home and you get back into the swing of things.

The Ninja said...

I have no band insight, But I'm thinking of you and hoping you start to feeling the restriction you are looking for.
Skinny girl margarita's sounds promising...