BYOC Friday….5 little questions you can copy and paste into your blog to get to know each other better and to give your blogging brain a break!
Enjoy!
1. What day of the week do you love and what day of the week do you hate?
I really like Sundays...but I like Wednesdays too. Sundays are my only REAL day off. My husband and I normally sleep in and we make breakfast and then we TRY and work on house stuff! Sometimes I end up doing a Wii workout and sometimes we do NOTHING! I like Wednesdays too...mainly because we work 7-noon at our business. It gives me a burst of energy mid week to have a partial day off!
A day that I dislike... You choose. Every week it is different M-T-TH-F. This week Monday was a hard day for me!
2. What is your middle name and is there a meaning behind it?
Yes, My middle name is Carey. And I am named after the Joni Mitchell song 'Carey'. I love LOVE Joni Mitchell so it is quite special to me. I hated her as a child because my mom would blast her on the record player, tape deck, and now CD player. But she grew on me and she melts me when I am happy and sad.
3. Since I’m dreaming of my next tattoo, I’m going to ask this one. Do you have any tattoos? How many? If you don’t have one – what would you get if you did have one?
No Tats. At one point in my life I was sure I would get one. I was threatened by my mother that if I did then my college education would not be funded. I, at that point, was a big enough snot that even that threat wouldn't have stopped me. But it did. I was very lucky that my parents paid for my education and I am glad that I didn't get one to prevent that. Now I am not that bothered. Although I see many that I think are beautiful!
4. On that same theme of dirty little secrets…how many piercings do you have? Any you wish you had?
Around the same time my mother forbade me to get a tattoo I went out and got my tongue pierced. I was about 18. It was actually on my senior trip. It was the first day...I couldn't eat anything the entire vacation. What a flippin dummy! In college I got my nose pierced. I had a teeny tiny little diamond stud and I loved it. I was a DJ in college...and it fit my theme I suppose. I also had several in my ears...even the very center little place. Strange to think of now because talking to me you'd think I was always such a proper little girl. But nope..I ventured beyond. I hate to admit it but I think I am just like my mom. A little tiny bit of a wild child turned a little on the conservative side of clothing and jewelry.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your life in blog land and in real life.
I am getting excited about the idea of possibly going to Chicago to the BOOBs get together! Makes me a little nervous and excited all at the same time!
I think my posts are becoming a little more on the thoughtful side of things....what I mean is I am thinking more about my reactions to this surgery and feelings and personal conflicts on the way I think about weight gain and loss. You all are challenging me to really stop and think about my reactions and why I choose the path that I do. I like it.
Real life: things are busy and good! I am happy for the most part. Especially because this week I seem to finally be on a downward trend with my weight. I have some really fun things to look forward to. Not to mention my Birthday next week. 32. Wow. I'd really like to be 215 by next saturday. My lowest weight in my adult (weighing life) would be special at 32. I am at 218 this morning....not holding firm to that because is could bounce. I think I will go for that fill on tuesday. Monday is Valentines and I am making my husbands favorite. Ribs...sweet chili sauce baste.

6 comments:
Great BYOC and great post. Love #2.
Love your middle name! Funny how you love Sundays and I hate them!
Your favorite days are my least favorite days. Weird. I think your posts are great! I like the thoughtful ones...gets me thinking about my own issues.
Great answers! I love reading people's BYOC's!
So Glad you did the BYOC.. and yes Chicago is a wonderful event..
Could you please re-follow my blog! I changed the URL and now everyone who follows my blog can not see my new posts in their blog feed. http://mandyblapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
Thank you,
Mandy
Post a Comment