Sunday, March 13, 2011

Photos of happy times..an idea from Leslie!

Leslie over at Band Sweet Band had a great idea the other day! Post a picture that you love but it is pre banding! So I thought I would share a few from my wedding! June 2007.

the day before our wedding


At that moment. You know the one!

One of my favs.


Not a fav picture but my girlfriends Jacque in front, Kathryn in front of me, and Robin behind me. 
A dark photo but this is me and my sister. I love it.

Back when I started this blog I had a few goals. One was to re take my wedding photos. Have my dress altered and retake all the pictures. It looks like our 5th wedding anni will be a good goal date (June 2012) and my sister suggested we just do a big party and wear my dress! Sounds good to me!

I have a long/hate relationship with these pictures! I feel swollen and cubby and although I don't think they are ugly really. I am just not happy with them. But I was so very happy. These photos were before a lost of 50 lbs, then 2 miscarriages and a gain of nearly 50 lbs and then surgery. So there you go!

Today marks my three month anni from Band Surgery! I had surgery Dec. 13th 2010. I feel great. I am out of all of my jeans with the exception on one pair and those I have to wear a belt with. I have lost 37 lbs as of this morning. 20 of which have been since surgery. I am happy with that.

I have some three month photos but I think I will try and show them tomorrow as I am learning the side by side photo comparison thingy today.

Last but not least...although it is a distant shot I still think in shows how far I have come!

Early springish 2011


Have a great Sunday everyone!

17 comments:

FritoBandito said...

Hi! I was banded around the same time as you (12/23). I'm down about 17 pounds since surgery. Sounds like we are on the same track. :)

I love your wedding picture goal! Sounds like a great thing to work towards.

Rhonda said...

Awesome idea to reshoot the wedding photos! You're doing so great, Amanda, you're glowing. :)

Michelle said...

You have such a GREAT idea!!! Your weddding photos are beautiful, and I think you look fabulous then and now of course! But your idea to retake your pictures and have a party sounds like an awesome idea!!

Mandy said...

Amanda, I must say....we must be living in very similar worlds. I was married June 2007 my 5 yr anniversary will be June 2012. I had my band a week before you... Small world.
I think its a great idea to have your wedding pics retaken! I can't wait to see the difference.

You are lookin great by the way!!!

adorkbl said...

Awesome goal!! I wanted to renew my vows on our 10th Anniversary... but that is this May and I won't make that goal.

Don't lose site of your goal! I did and lost almost 2 years with my head in the sand!!

Beth Ann said...

I LOVE your wedding dress and your idea of retaking you pictures!

Justawallflower said...

You looked absolutely stunning! I love your dress! I also want to have my wedding photos retaken. When I had to go through them and pick out which ones I wanted to purchase I bawled my eyes out, I hated all of them! But I knew I would regret not having any, so I bought the least humiliating ones. Anyway, you are gorgeous at any weight, but doing a great job! Can't wait to see the "new" pics next year!

Leslie said...

I love these pictures!!!

Marc & I want to retake some photos in our wedding location this summer. Not in my dress but just in the park we got married so that we have them to look at.

Alison said...

Love love love the photo's, you're gorgeous! Would love to retake my wedding pictures too.

Amanda said...

Love the pictures...and what a great goal to have! You are doing so great for being only 3 months in!!

Pamela E. Williams said...

Well I must say you look great!! I love wedding pictures. You look so happy. Great goal. I say keep up the great work!!

MandaPanda said...

Beautiful pictures! I can totally see the joy in your eyes. And you've come SO far!!! I have the goal of getting into my wedding dress (hopefully altered) by my 10 year wedding anniversary. That's 2013. We'll see how it goes.

nikki said...

You're beautiful, my sweet friend. You're doing such a fabulous job and I'm thrilled for you! :)

Jess said...

Awesome photos! You are doing so well. You just exude happiness!

Amanda Kiska said...

What a beautiful bride!

You look great!

~Lisa~ said...

I love, love, LOVE the photos!! I see the light, happiness and LOVE in your face - You brought a tear to my eye...

...thank you for sharing!

Susan said...

Amanda - just catching up and you look great! I think the wedding photos are beautiful and what a great idea to do again and you will have two sets and a lot of fun. I woke up on my wedding day at 199 so almost out of Oonderland. Last time I was there. I would love to redo my pictures down 50 from my wedding. My new goal :)