Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yogurt. I couldn't think of a title. But it's whats for breakfast.

Through out the day I think of questions to ask you ladies (still don't have any men following me). I promptly forget them about ten seconds later unless I whip out my phone and text Nikki to ask her. I wanted to mention how lovely it is to have relationships with you girls. I've got a connection with all of you in a certain way and it just makes me feel very supported. I gush I know but regardless if it is our love for martinis, crafts, the Eating Well Magazine and cooking, motivation and short hair cuts, sushi, or just plain daily reminders that you are there...it sure is appreciated. I wish you all lived so much closer, Alison and Kellie England and Australia are much to far away! I'd have you over to my house, delegate someone to make a few cocktails and then cook you a great meal and just chat, on my porch. Which is my favorite place. Anyway...questions.

  • tightness/non tightness: Last week I was insanely tight. I mean nothing was getting down my gullet without causing me some issues. Well raisins and a few oreos did but that is besides the point. I'd like to think it was because I was a bit stressed out taking care of a toddler and missing so much work due to toddler sickies. But this week I am not tight at all. It maybe that I'm getting ready to be hormonal but I guess I am curious if you all would get a fill or not. I've got one scheduled for Tuesday (one month after my last) I could push it out another week!? I am losing. Slowly. But I have never been one of those girls that loses 4 lbs in a week. Never. Hummm.

  • Flabby Belly: in my new found thinner-then-I was-ness I have really noticed changes! Especially in my hips and butt. My tummy area..ya know my pooch area..is truly smaller too. But does that go away? I mean I am not talking about lose skin because I know that is due to many factors, but that fat area? Does it continue to shrink? You ladies that have gotten so close to where you want to be..is that area flatter!? I freakin hope so. I hate that pooch. I would feel so much more confident if it were gone! But I am a workin' at it.


  • Belts: Why oh why can I not buy a new belt? Anyone else have this issue? I tried Tuesday and ended up buying a shirt and a necklace instead. I am scared to try one on. I know it is an internal issue but I need at least two new belts. My pants that I am trying to make last are falling down and my belts are on the first holes. They have got like 8-10 inch tails. I need to just do it. But I can't!

  • Port Pain: Anyone else experience it at all? I am not talking about all the time and it isn't even really  nagging or hurting. I just can feel it sometimes. Every once in a while I will feel a dull pain for a second and then nothing. Sometimes I feel it after yoga. Which I think it from bending like a pretzel. But do you guys every feel your port? Is it normal or should I be concerned? Hummm

  • Get together: I'd really like to have a get together with anyone that can do it. I know Lynda (Atlanta area) is up for one and I know Nikki (Knoxville area) is as well. Amanda in Raleigh too and even Heather who is 2 hours from Nashville. Distance is the thing ladies...distance. I am one hour west of Asheville...2 hours from Atlanta. I drive to both of those cities pretty often and am familiar with them. I also don't mind driving to meet some where. But I want to make it as convenient for everyone else. This might mean we can't all meet in one place. Basically I am looking for some ideas ladies. Oh and if you know some other bandsters that live in the area when let us know. We seem to be very spread out down here! I think next year if we want I actually might host a little get together at my house. Perfect time to come to the mountains...spring is beautiful right now!

Not my yard but we have a few trees just like it in my yard.

14 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I think I might be in my green zone (knock on wood.) So I don't feel like I get too tight ever, but yet I'm not hungry all the time. It is a nice feeling.

Still have a flabby belly. Will get back to you on that.

I'm also scared of belts (with buckles, that is). I prefer ribbons that tie. :)

I have random port pain, but it goes away quick. Nothing alarming.

We should TOTALLY live closer!!

Leslie said...

I do have the random port pain as well, sometimes I just feel it more than other times. It's weird.

I just don't like belts, never have, even as a little kid.

DiZneDiVa said...

I have random port pains too... I think It happens when I have a heavy workout day, so maybe the yoga is influencing it too.

Tightness can sometimes be caused by a little stomach shrinkage or sweeling around your band(like during your TOM since everything swells then)... Your stomach will shrink if you have some low calorie days or don't feel like eating alot... especially during liquid diet days. It's annoying but not really a bad thing.

As for get-togethers... I wish i lived near any of you but I am still in Orlando, for a few more weeks and then driving up to Philly(home) to live. We drive back and forth to Florida on 95 so, if you are close to 95, I would love to meet for a lunch break, etc.... But as for Atlanta. There are 2 incredible sweet bandsters within 1 1/2-2 hours from there who live in Alabama. Kristen from Kristen's landband journey and Kim from Good-bye fatty McButterpants. Sweet Bama Girls! You should include them, i met them in Chicago last year and drove though their town and they spent the day with us. We had a great time.

Jess said...

I wouldn't get a fill if you are having that much trouble ever so often. That's what I did and dealt with it for months until I finally got an unfill and I am perfectly happy where I am at now.

I have bought myself a $75 studded country western belt a few months ago and I got a large and it is WAY too big because I underestimated my weight loss and didn't try it on first. Go for it! What can it hurt?

I feel little port pinches every once in a while but it doesn't last. I just remember that it's tied to my insides and we are bound to feel it sometime. I think the more weight that's lost the more you will feel it.

Heather said...

Unfortunately, I am 15 lbs from goal and I still have the pooch in front :( I used to feel port piches often. I haven't had any trouble in past few months though. Maybe it will go away with time, or maybe you just don't notice them anymore?

nikki said...

I'm so thankful I live close to you and I can't wait to finally meet! :) I love blog land and like you have connected wonderfully to so many people :) Who knew a journal of thoughts and our journey would lead us to many close friendships?

My "pooch" above my belly button is smaller but still there. I hope it goes away. I often wander if it's the skin stetched above my stomach that was so big for so long - if it will ever go away. *sigh

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience being so tight. That only happened to me once after a fill. I have pretty decent tightness at all times. Mornings are tighter, for sure. And often a few days proir to my cycle. I'm glad you have relief now! :)

I have a few cute belts my mom has got me recently. Not bad over a long tunic and leggings ;) Give it a try, you will look adorable I know it!

I have some crazy port pain going on right now...I have no idea where it has came from. Boo!

I'm alll about getting together :)

Christina @ Love Yourself Healthy said...

Aw, a meet-up sounds so fun! Birmingham is only 2.5 hours west of Atlanta, but I'm pretty sure that once I arrive there on May 1, I'm done traveling long-distances for a while--at least until September/October. Maybe I can join in another time!

MandaPanda said...

First, love the tree!

Tightness - the band really is fickle. Stress and TOM seem to affect mine the most.

Pooch - let me know on this one. I could use some reassurance.

Belt - I've been too scared to buy one too. I need one...desperately...but haven't gotten the courage to do it.

Get Together - So freakin' jealous of all the bandsters who can get together while I'm wasting away all by my lonesome. *sigh*

Amanda said...

Definitely experience random port pain. And yes...I would love to get together, driving isn't much of a problem. Maybe we can find a location that is equal distance from all of us?

Rhonda said...

I want to come to your house for dinner and cocktails. :( lol

Rhonda said...

Oh, and I never really get tight (damnit!!).

I do have a flabby belly.

Belts. SCARE. ME.

I never have any port pain, though sometimes if I push kind where I think it is, I can feel it MOVE! Weird, huh?

The Ninja said...

I wish I lived closer, I would totally crash your party. We are planning to head east sometime this summer, maybe I'll just show up on your doorstep demanding food or something. :0)

Lee Ann said...

I still want to lose 30 more pounds but I'm currently 75 pounds less than my all time pregnancy high of 250. The skin under my belly button sags over my undies. :( I have a feeling it won't be going anywhere without surgery. I was so big when I was pregnant. My skin is a loose shriveled sack. :( sniff sniff. lol.

Justawallflower said...

Tightness: I am going through the same thing, my fill is on Monday,and I am back and forth over getting one or not.

Belly flab: I certainly hope it goes down! After having a child, I know it isn't going to go away completely.....

Belts: I have the same problem with making myself buy a new belt, but for other reasons. I always feel so fat after looking for a belt, they never seem to fit me! I just roll my pants! I know....very sexy!

Port pain: I just recently started feeling my port. I haven't had any issues in the past, but in the last week or so, it has been quit tender. I am going to mention it at the doc's on Monday.