Thursday, April 14, 2011

I am alive and very well, thank you!

This morning I weighed in at 205.2 then 205.6 then 205.2, then maybe a 204.9 and then 205.6. I think I'll accept 205.6. My blood sugar has been pretty normal since surgery. I am off meds which included metformin. I took myself off them. Doc might have words with me but I really feel they put me on them because i had a slightly elevated blood sugar and more for pushing through the paperwork for surgery. However my blood sugar this morning was the lowest (in a good way) it's been. So I am hoping my labs report good news! I know taking myself of meds was a bad thing. I have no excuse. My mother would kill me if she knew it but I did and it's done now lets hope my labs will support me.

I have been mega busy my fabulous friends. Fun stuff, work stuff, any kinda stuff stuff!


Lets start with where I left you.

The Bridal Show went very well this past weekend. It was a lot of hard work and I felt like 'the little equipment rental that could'. I was worried about rivaling with the real party rental stores, like I wouldn't come close to the look of my display like they do simply because we don't rent the sheer quantity of decorative items like them. BUT I have to say I did look just as good as they did! In some cases better, I think. One rental vendor display looked very dated. Colors were not modern, table was jumbled, just a little on the 50th wedding anni side rather then modern bride side. Mine was simple and nice. I'll show a picture later as I have forgotten my camera..AGAIN!

The low carb thing: It has worked well for me. Not 8lbs well or even 6 lbs well. I think more in the 4lb department is more like it for me. It wasn't as hard for me as it might be for some. I can do with out a lot of carbs and honestly I eat a very low carb diet without even trying. My issues have been with cheese. See I love cheese. I could eat it all day long. In almost any form. Cheese also then causes some potty issues. This is where my problem began. I'll let you figure it out rather then go into detail. Since this week was go, go, go it was a lot of snacking on string cheese or wrapping some turkey and cheese together. I also made homemade jalapeno pimento cheese and at that with cucumbers almost every day. I seriously might be addicted to it. That was fabulous. But since there was little that happened to be quick and easy for my week I'd end up with a cheese related item for breakfast and lunch and then a yummy dinner!
My dinners included grilled sirloin with sauteed spinach, steel head trout with broccoli casserole (with cheese), chicken salad, shrimp and scallops in butter and garlic, burger no bun with a pickle and some mustard and you guessed it CHEDDAR. Monday night I mixed some ground beef and spinach with a little feta cheese that ended up being really tasty. Last night I went to dinner with a girlfriend and since it was supposed to be my last night low carbing it I drank a few vodkas and club soda and we split a fried shrimp app and a side of onion rings! Not so low carb but really really good! Let me tell you a year ago I would have had those cocktails, split an app with someone, and had a full meal! So in the end I've decided to stick with it. Just maybe until Monday. See if I can get another couple of lbs off!

 Shopping: remember I went shopping with my mom last week? I was nervous just because I felt worried that my size hasn't changed or just plain scared that clothes weren't going to reflect the way I've been feeling! I was WRONG (don't tell my husband). Everything was lovely. I tried on some 18 jeans. To big.  Can you feel my excitement?!!!! Now to be fair the 16s were a little to small. But I could button them and in 5lbs they will fit well. They were even designer jeans. I bought a Tommy Hilfiger dress that is to die for. Simple, A line, classic and I would have never bought it 40lbs ago. 2 pair of cargo capri's in size 14. 14 . Can you say vanity buying?? Plus everything I got was on sale.

I tried on a size 16 (not 16 W bathing suit. It was a miracle suit which are fantastic, BTW. The top sucked me in, lifted my chest! It was beautiful. The bottoms were just a little to small. But holy heck did my rack look amazing. If there had been a 16w or an 18 I would have snatched it up in seconds. I have never felt so confident in a suit in all my life. Well when I was 18 and under... competitively swimming, but that was 14 years ago. Before you ask why I didn't order it...the suit only goes up to a 16. I looked...everywhere!

Shopping was amazing.

Working out has been great this week too! I am now doing 1.5 miles on the elliptical. I was doing a mile before. About 2 miles on the bike and then about a mile on the treadmill. I got a yoga in and some strength training in after cardio each day. Another yoga tomorrow!

I decided to try something new. In trying to buffer the cost of Chicago and some left over hospital bills I've decided to become and Independent sales contractor for a company called Stell a and Dot. Let me tell you this is not your mama's Tupperware party (although I love tupperware). I am so impressed with this jewelry. It is modern and couture. The founders are hard working women. One developed Wedding Channel . com and then sold it for 90 million. The other is a jewelry designer who actually develops jewelry for Prad a and other runway designers. I just feel good about it. It isn't cheesy or pushy or anything and once you get the jewelry you can see the quality! Excited. So I will never push the sales here. But I have a website that I might mention from time to time. You can buy directly from me or if you are interested in even selling the jewelry I can send you the information and we can work together! Amazing opportunity developing a team! You can help me pay for my Boobs trip to Chicago!

That being said I went to a training near Atlanta and my lovely car broke down! It is the transmission for sure. I broke down in a great place because the guys that helped me were amazing. They flushed the transmission and made it so I could drive home to my transmission guy at home. But it is basically screwed! I broke down a quarter of a mile from my trainers house so she came and picked me up so we could have our meeting and then the car was done! Booo for broken cars.

What else. um that is it I think. A lot to take in girls I know but I wanted to catch up. I haven't been reading or commenting much this week but I will get there!

Hugs and kisses xx  ~A

5 comments:

Cat said...

Wow! What a newsy update! I love it. The swimsuit sounds amazing. Did the size 14 capris fit or are they a "soon" item. :) Also congrats on getting to that 1.5 on the eliptical. So great!

Beth Ann said...

My goodness...you HAVE been busy, chica! Love hearing all the fun and great news. And...Mmmmm...cheese. :)

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh love jewelry! What a great way to save for Chicago!

Justawallflower said...

Wow, you little busy bee! Glad your back, and hope you work something out with your car! I am definitely going to check out the jewelry. Can't wait to see pics of the bridal show!

MandaPanda said...

Busy busy but it sounds like you're in a really good place with your weight loss.