Thursday, May 12, 2011

For What ever reason...

I can not post comments on any ones blog today!
More then anything this is just a test to see if I can even post this! GRRRRR


Anyone else having an issue with eBlogger?


Okay I am feeling weepy today. Simple, Sassy, Sarah's post with Katy Perry's Firework made me weepy. My sister graduated with her nursing degree last night...which made me weepy. She gave my mom and me roses which was a shock but she says it was from 2 years of listening to her freak out about school. Which we totally deserved. But that made me weepy. I missed taking a BC pill. I never do that but perhaps my hormones are out of wack!

I tried a core conditioning class yesterday and holy hell am I sore today! I hurt. I think I pulled a muscle in my rib cage. There is about a 4inch by 4inch area that kills! BUT I loved it. Stinks that it is on M,W, F at 10am. I work those days and getting sweaty in the middle of the day is not what I want to do. 

I drove to the center, did the work out, called my husband who was swamped...drove back down and helped him and then drove back and ran a mile and did the bike! I was an exercise fool yesterday.

Okay so it has been 2 weeks and 2 days since my fill (I feel like it is a confession)...anyway...The first few days after my fill were fine. I really felt like I could eat a house. I was on my period and was just plain hungry. Then when that ended the restriction started.  Like hitting a brick wall ,l like  one  connected to the house I could eat a few days earlier...nothing was going down really well. I kept forcing the issue. I didn't stop and gingerly eat. I kept taking huge bites...and I knew what I was doing wrong.

Now did I stop and fix it. Am I chewing better! Hell no and now I am paying for it! I really feel like my poor throat is sore from PBing  twice a day.

Case and point. Yesterday after my sisters graduation we ordered pizza, salad, and wings from our favorite pizza place! By the time we all made it home with dinner it was 9 and we were all starving. I decided to only eat a few wings instead of trying pizza. Before I even sat down  I took a big bite of a wing and chewed some and swallowed. BAD move. So I pb'd for the rest of the evening.

Okay, so I have PBd in front of my husband and once in front of my God Daughter who is 2. But never have I had to repeatedly go to the potty to remove the food stuck in my gullet. I felt weird and I didn't like it AT ALL.

Do I need to tattoo my left hand that says CHEW!?? I seriously think so. Why in all the good things that this band is doing for me can't I get that? I follow the rules mostly. I am losing weight like I want to. I am almost to onderland but something has to give here people. And it is my fault!

So today I am doing liquids only. Soup, water, yogurt, protein...what ever. But nothing solid. I will do it tomorrow too if I think I need it. And if this feeling of soreness in my throat doesn't go away then I will be going to my doctor on tuesday for an unfill.


Now lets see if this posts!

7 comments:

Steph said...

You post showed up in my Google Reader! Sorry to hear about the PB'ing...it totally sucks when it happens to me and it is all because of the chewing or eating too fast issue. I find it happens when I am eating and talking to people at the same time. If I am alone and having a quiet meal, I am much more focused. I think a tattoo on the hand would be a great reminder!!!

Justawallflower said...

I hate to admit it, but I'm just now getting the whole chewing thing! I am really tight. Not so tight that I can't eat anything, or that I can't get water down, but for the first real time I have to really take my time, think about what I'm doing and really, it only takes a few bites for me to be at max. I feel like I should get a slight unfill, but since I don't have a doc here, and I am able to eat a little, and most importantly, get my water in, I'm gonna stick it out a while! I hope you find a good balance and are able to work that band. Otherwise, get your shrinking rear end into the doc for an unfill!

MandaPanda said...

I was going through the same thing last weekend. Luckily, after a couple days of kind of babying the band, all is well again. I struggle with the band rules sometimes and pretty sure I've gained again this week (UGH!). I need a fill but can't get one until June. Maybe you need to imagine me on your shoulder, like a parrot, just constantly squaking "Chew! Chew! Chew!" at you.

Read said...

I think a day or even two of liquids and you'll be able to get back on track again. Just go really slowly and if need be - get the tattoo!!

Rachel said...

Amanda, I feel your pain. I didn't have any losses last month after PBING several times a week. After my fill, I went on two days of liquids and it really helped. I registered a 5 lb loss. My nurse p, said that liquids and eating gently will get me back on track and she is fine. I think there is no harm in being a slow loser. I think slow loss, is long term loss.

Leslie said...

I went through a phase where I thought I could eat anything and then I would PB my brains out cursing myself to chew or not eat foods that got stuck and then I would just do it over and over again. Fun times. LOL.

You will get it, it's a lifestyle change. We all have those moments. I hope by now you are feeling better and the pb'ing has stopped.

The Ninja said...

Two things:
1. Chew.
2. Where are you? I hope you are feeling less weepy today.