Thursday, June 9, 2011

An Award and ten things about me!



Rules of the Award
       *Thank the person who gave you this award, and link back to them in your post.
*Tell us 10 things about yourself.
*Nominate your bloggers.
*Contact these bloggers, and let them know they received this award.




I must thank sweet Lisa for giving me this award!! I owe you a martini friend. Well probably close to 20 by now. We shouldn't do that all in one night, me thinks.

And now I must come up with 10 things about myself:

1. Like MandaPanda...I love brussel sprouts. Love them. My favorite way to eat them right now is to slice them up and saute them in olive oil and drizzle a little balsamic vinegar at the end. Next would be roasted with garlic and Parmesan cheese...yum.

2. I met my husband online. We were introduced by mutual friends we both knew in a musicians forum. We started talking about music and a band and continued talking for a couple of years until we met, then 2 years later we were married. We dated by flying back and forth from Charlotte to the UK. We will be married 4 years on June 23rd. When we first got engaged I was timid to tell people that we met online because people were so negative about it. Now I love to tell the story and everyone is so interested in how we met.

3. I never remember my anniversary. I have to ask Chris. In fact he isn't here to ask at the moment but I am pretty sure it is the 23rd of June. Horrible I know. I just don't remember dates. I remember June..

4. I have the best dog in the world. I am serious. We bring her to work every day with us. She is a Catahoula Leopard Dog...bred to be a wild hog hunter..but she is just a hiker dog to us. Although she has defended us from wild boar (which are scarier then bear). She is a mix between spanish war dog brought over by Desoto and bred with Native American dogs..one of the oldest American dogs. She is smarter then most humans..no lie. Daily we are asked how much we will sell her for.. and my husband says he has three loves: His truck, his dog, and his wife..and we won't say in which order! Her name is Junaluska and we call her Juna. Junaluska  was a leader of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians around 1813 who reside in and around western NC. Which is where we live. She goes by JunaFish (like tunafish)
Juna and Chris she looks tiny but she is a midsize dog.
5. I really love to cook and entertain. But I find myself not that interested in cooking nowadays simply because of eating less.

6. I sometimes feel like a take on to much in life, but no one can complain I am lazy.

7. I hate table cloths. I hate them and I say it daily. We rent them in our party rental department with our business. I can deal with everything else. Glasses, silverware, tables, chairs...BUT table cloths are such a pain in my butt. I really think if I wasn't a push over I'd stop renting them all together! Hate is such a strong word to use on such a ridiculous item but I can truly say that is my feeling.

8. I am insanely busy right now and haven't worked out this week at all. During the fall, winter, and early spring and can come and go from work. But we are in our busy season and work from 7-5 daily and I just can't bring myself to work out after 10 hours of work. I can do before work but it still is hard for me to get to work by 7 if I do. I might put my member ship on hold for a couple of months. I also might regret it.

9. I work with all men. I can be the biggest B****. But I am very protective over my boys. I make them lunch nearly every day and bad can not be said in my presence about any of them.

10. I love blogging. I am happy to see that I have kept up with it. I am thrilled with the support and the confidence you people give me. So thank you!


I give this award out to some newbies...or newbies to my blog:








12 comments:

Rhonda said...

You know I've NEVER tried a brussel sprout? I must be missing out. Will make it my personal mission to try one before the end of the ...year. (Maybe in Chicago?! teehee)

I think I owe Lisa about 20 martinis, too. Maybe between the three of us we could knock out 10 in one night? (I'm SUCH a lightweight these days.) So we'll definitely need two nights to get 'er done! I'm thinking beach get together.

Cat said...

I love Brussel Sprouts too! I normally just steam them, but I'm going to try your suggestions.

I love my dog too. He's like my child for sure!

I also met my hubby online. We met playing an online game called EverQuest. We played EQ together for over a year truly as only friends before things turned romantic. : )

MandaPanda said...

Mmmmm...brussel sprouts. I only wish my kids liked them more but what kid likes brussel sprouts?

Do you feel as strongly about cloth napkins?

Linda said...

My husband makes a brussel sprout gratin that is amazing. We joke though that anything would tast good with cream & cheese on it.

Becky said...

What a fun read! I enjoyed your 10 facts. :) And thanks for the award, I'll post it tonight with the 10 facts!

The Ninja said...

One of these days I am going to show up on your doorstep, we need to hang out! Nice to get to know you a little better chica!

Lee Ann said...

Your dog is pretty. I didn't think she looked small---your husband must be huge because I've been around that dog breed before, and while not big dogs, they aren't small either, so I'd guess your husband must be like 6 ft 4 or something. Am I right?!

~Lisa~ said...

Ohhh Juna is a cutie!! And I am in for that martini thing!!

And no one is happier than I that you've kept up with blogging!! Great ten things, Friend!!

Cat said...

Oh, and on another note. I see the Blog Fairy got your new design up! It's sooo lovely!

Dinnerland said...

Great post-- I always enjoy getting to know more about my blogger friends!!! Cheers-- and LOVE the doggie.

Dinnerland said...

.. and thank you for the great comment on my post. Yes: stumbling doesn't make for permanent failure-- success is what happens when you don't let little bumps in the road stop your progress... right?

Justawallflower said...

I love brussel sprouts as well, nobody else in my family does though. I also love you story about meeting your husband.