Friday, June 24, 2011

Something, something, something!

Welp. I've not got much to talk about. Here goes.

Yesterday was my anniversary. Pretty uneventful. I made crab legs, a salad, and we split a NY Strip. I ate about 2 oz of steak, maybe 2 ozs of crab but I doubt it, and the carrots, almonds and feta out of my salad. I gave my Fish the rest of my steak. My dog seems to be eating very well since I've been banded.

I bought myself an present for my anniversary. I've been lusting over this damn thing since last year. Wait...you won't be as excited as I am about it but here it is :


Yah yah. I know. It is a trash can. But an awesome one. See we have a tiny kitchen which I am growing to like. Anyway, our trash can will not fit inside a cabinet nor do i want to give up the space. We are big time recyclers in my house hold. This should read my husband is a big time recyclers and I follow suit. BUT this means there are always cans, plastic fruit containers, etc piled up on my counters. It drives me absolutely batty. I have nearly no room and we choose to line it with trash!??

So as you can see it has a separate bin for recycling. It really is a lot bigger then it looks in the picture and I am really happy with the quality. It has a 10 year warranty, finger print proof, and 500 5 star reviews. Yes I am the only freak excited about a trash can!

Chris' dad (who you might have gathered from previous posts lives in England) had a bit of a medical scare this week. It makes us and especially Chris feel very far away. He was rushed to the hospital with chest pains unable to speak. At the moment everything seems to be fine and it wasn't a heart attack. But he's got some more testing to do. We're on call but I think everything will be okay.

My sisters party that I hosted for her was wonderful. Not sure I have any pictures but my Skinny Girls treated me well. Food was fantastic and the company was even better!

My husband plays this weekend at a Battle of the Bands. The guys got together on a whim and were asked to play. All of the guys are fantastic musicians and I really think they have a chance to win. The bar is in question. I won't make any assumptions yet because I have never been there. But I've heard it is a little rough. Get this. I am taking my mom and dad with me. My dad is cool. I mean they both are. But My dad went to case the joint out and said that my mom wouldn't step one toe into the place if it wasn't for Chris playing. She says she likes seedy bars! Ha. We have a at least 10 people so far coming with us so there is safety in numbers.

*edit because I am thinking about it. I am really excited to see my husband play this weekend! I find it really sexy to watch him play live. He is really good but it just is one more then to remind me why I fell in love with him. Sometimes I need to be reminded
I am flippin teetering on 200.6- 201.2. This plateau is driving me a little insane. But my motivation has taken a back seat at the moment. I am really not eating much. But I am also not exercising. So I do blame this mostly on myself. I did manage to get two days of working out in. We have company here and they stay up later then I am used to. So waking up and working out is a little hard for me at 5:30 in the morn. Next week I swear. I really feel like I could have used a bit of a fill but I do have to remember that this is a tool (the band that is) and I have to use other then as well to make this weight loss work.

So that is it. We'll see how the weekend goes!

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

Praying for Chris' dad's health. How scary. :(

And I'm excited about that trash can FOR you, it's pretty awesome.

And, and, and... wish I could be at the Battle of the Bands showing my support!

Cat said...

Awww hon, sending good thoughts to Chris' dad. It's got to be nerve wracking with him so far away.

Have a great time this weekend! I love live music.

Jessica said...

Positive thoughts for Chris's dad.

And I've been dreaming of a trash can for about 2 years now. It's $100...and I just can't make myself pay THAT much for a garbage can!!

Becky said...

Yep, there is something about musicians live, especially guitar and vocals, that really catch my eye too!

Leslie said...

It must be so hard to be far away from Chris's dad at a time like this.

My husband plays too but he's not in a band right now but I get what you mean, I like watching him play too :-)

Bah to the plateau, I know you will get beyond it. You can do this!!!

Leslie said...

And this is totally not about your post, but your blog JUST showed up in my reader this morning. UGH!!! :(

Andrea said...

Hope that Chris' dad gets better really soon! I know that's hard to be so far away! I have a thing about musicians too! Very sexy!

Justawallflower said...

I absolutely LOVE the trash can! Where did you get it? We do the same dang thing, line the recyclables up on the counter! It really is unappealing!

I hope all is well with the hubby's dad and that they kick butt tonight at the battle!

Tanya said...

Getting what you want for your anniversary is awesome! I will pray for Chris's Dad, hope all is well.

~Lisa~ said...

Chris' Dad, and ALL of you are in my prayers.. Please keep us posted..

I love the trash can! The fact that it is an anniversary gift is absolutely priceless!! And here I thought I was the ONLY one who ever asked for - and received "unconventional" gifts!!

Feel better, my Sweet Friend... (((hugggssss)))

Alison said...

Really hope that everything is ok with your FIL. I am a little freaked out by how much my little brother looks like your husband, although he is blond and has just had his long hair cut short, he also plays in a band.
I love your new bin, we have a tall stacking system which keeps the kitchen much tidier but is always overflowing as I'm the only one who clears it out!