All day long that is what I felt like! Last night I ate about 5oz of chicken 1 oz of left over fillet, maybe 3 table spoons of squash, same of (left over)mashed potato's, and same of spinach. Maybe even a bit more of all the veggies. The night before I ate about 5 oz of fillet, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, one bread stick and about 3/4 of a cup of salad maybe. That is more food then I have been able to eat in ages.
Granted I have been working out every morning. Unlike last week and the week before-nothing. I do okay during the day but once I get home I am bloody starving. I start the day with a greek yogurt, maybe a string cheese, lunch is various items. I agree that I could be making better food choices for lunch but I am still not over eating. But why am I so hungry when I get home???
For one, I do know that my hormones are out of whack. I took myself off of my crappy birth control. Not so much to try and get pregnant but more to feel normal again. I am so much more myself these last three weeks then I have been in a while. I actually like my husband. I mean I liked him..but I did not LIKE him. If you catch my meaning without TMI. Hee hee I am a bit prudish I suppose.
So maybe along with my hormonal issues it has been making me starving. I went to the beach with my husband on May 27th. I have not lost a single lb.I have been regaining the same 2 lbs..I lose a few oz and then gain it back. Lose it, then gain it! Grrrrrrr. Should I call for a fill? I went June 14th and he didn't think I needed one.
I think I need to get back to basics. Remember to stop eating when I am full, recognize the fact I am full, Protein first (although generally I am pretty good about that), no drinking with meal...you know the rest. I just need to do it! I would seriously love to lose another 25 lbs...I would feel a major success and even if I kept going at that point I still would feel like I did what I set out to do!
Any pointers ladies??
4th of July
Hubs and I can see the town fireworks from our porch. It is like a personal viewing. We are having about 10 people over for ribs, turkey sausage, squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, mac and cheese (made by a friend) and various other items. All of the veggies come from our gardens with the exception of the onions! I have haricot vert's as well (fancy green beans ya'll hee hee) but I think I will save them for just me and Chris. Lima beans are coming in, my husbands fav. Sugar snap peas are done and so are the beets!
I love fresh veg. Love it
I found a microwave pickle recipe online. Bread and butter so there is a good amount of sugar but I add garlic, onion, and siracha sauce. So they are sweet and spicy. Now that I typically eat in small amounts I don't deny myself a few pickles with sugar. A year ago I'd skip it. Either way it is a really good way for me not to waste these beautiful cucumbers that are coming up strong this year!
~
I am happy. I really really am. But I want to lose some more. Help me.

12 comments:
Amanda - There's nothing wrong with getting hungry. It may mean you need a fill or maybe you just need a snack. I know that many people push just 3 meals with no snacks for the lapband diet, but I had a great NP when I was starting out and she always told me that if I was hungry to have a snack,just make sure it's high protein. Most days when I was really losing (and building restriction) I had an afternoon snack (string cheese) and it really helped me not inhale the whole kitchen when I got home.
I certainly don't have all the answers, but sometimes I think we are too hard on ourselves for eating or being hungry. Is it always in the evenings when you are hungry? I'm always looser in the evenings, so maybe that's true for you too and you do need a fill. Good luck trying to find out.
I have been feeling the same way the last few days Amanda. I think Linda is right. Have a high protein snack when you need one. Just try to keep it around 100'ish calories. My surgeon is totally fine with snacks as long as it's not grazing on junk. :) Try it out and see if it helps with your evening hunger.
Don't generally like sweet pickles, but I do loooove me some Rooster Sauce!
I have always had an afternoon snack per my nutritionist. I have a long time between lunch and dinner and I just make sure it is high in protein. That might help cut down on your evening hunger.
Maybe getting back to basics for awhile will help and then you can determine if you need a fill or not after you decide if it's real hunger or just head hunger. Sounds like you're going to have a really fun 4th!
Sounds like the 4th at your place is going to be a BLAST!!
Not being banded - yet, soon tho! - I'm thinking that maybe a reason you're hungry because of the hormone thing. Hormones can be SOB's and can do that.. Maybe a combination of needing a slight fill AND hormone issues is really pushing your hunger buttons! Justa thought!!
Have a terrific weekend my Sweet Friend!! Wish I were coming to see the fireworks at YOUR place!!
Linda talks real sense, I don't work but when I'm busy I don't think about food that much, the minute the kids are in bed my head is lining up what I can eat next!
I would consider a small fill, it does sound like you need a tweak!
I'm hungry ALL the time, it feels like. Especially as I type this. LOL I agree with everyone else, seems like a slight tweak wouldn't hurt. I mean, that's the whole point of the band, is to keep you from being hungry between meals - so I say ask your doctor to reconsider.
Sounds like to me you either need a tweak, or maybe an afternoon snack, so you're not starving at night! I can eat way more than I would like to be able to, but being tighter isn't a feeling I am going for either - so I know how you're feeling.
Enjoy your 4th! Sounds like it'll be a great time with the fireworks, friends, and food!
I am in the same boat as you. I have about 30 more lbs to go. But I am not following any bandster rules. I am joining the boobs challenge that starts tomorrow, are you doing it? I am using it as my motivation to get my head back in the game.
Oh yeah, join the BOOBS challenge, and have you ever thought about doing a two day "detox." I just mean going back to protein shakes for just two days and putting up with the hunger for those two days. I plan to do that if I feel like I am stuck at a certain weight. It won't be easy or fun, but it might just push you into the 190's like you want.
I'll be the first person to admit that I snack. Where I used to be very strict about no snacking, I realize that it is a ignal for my body that I am hungry. They key is to listen to yoru body. If you are hungry, your body will tell you (not your mind) and then you have a small snack to tide you over. Deprivation will only lead to later excess. If you feel you need a small fill, that may be the key as well! Good luck to you!
Post a Comment