Catching up...
reading blogs written over the weekend and Kellie wrote several quotes to inspire us! She said her favorite which just happens to be mine as well is this.
"Never, never, never, never, ever give up." Winston Churchill
Last week I wrote a little about needing some help. Some thing was keeping me down. Me, perhaps. I was keeping me down. Wait, I am keeping me down!
I worked out every day last week...including Saturday. Best thing is I swam on Saturday. Laps.
Chris and I took Saturday and Monday off from work. He actually decided to come in to the shop on Saturday to get some work down without customers. I decided to go an work out. I did about a 1/2 mile on the ARC Trainer and then decided to swim laps. If you remember I was a competitive swimmer for 18 years. Coached and taught lessons all through college! I probably haven't swam laps in years. But I enjoyed it. I swam 20 laps consecutively...I really feel like I could have doubled that but adult swim was over and the children were waiting at the door. So a new work out to add.
I started the Back to Basics Challenge on Sunday! 201.0. I am happy with that weigh in but of course the very next day it was up a lb. Then this morning it was 200.8...so who knows. But I am excited to see what comes of this challenge!
I have also decided to do a few days of liquids. I am thinking Wednesday and Thursday. Do you guys do pure liquids? Or just soups with small amounts of chunks?
I think I will make a fill appointment too! As small tweak. Some days I am great with the eating some days I could eat a horse. So...I am doing what Winston suggests! Never giving up. I want these last 25 lbs to go so I can see where my next goal is!
My weekend was great BTW. 22 people showed up last night. I did ribs and turkey sausage for 22 people! I will never in my life understand why people don't RSVP for these events then call the day of and say they are coming. And I am the sucker that says okay! But it was fun...for everyone else. Nah it was fun for me but I swear my arm hair was singed in the rib cooking! I am tired today for sure. But I guess that is what it is all about!
Motivation Monday! Oh wait, it's Tuesday. Screw the motivation then! :)

18 comments:
LOL @ screw motivation!
Sounds like a small fill is in order. I think I need one too. Must call doc for a fill later this month. Thanks for reminding me.
Sounds like your BBQ was a huge success!
I wish you lived closer. Your BBQ sound great.
I totally agree Amanda - Never give up!! Cause honestly - what's the alternative right? Not something I ever want to be again.
Yeah, I'm definately a let's plan ahead and RSVP aghead type gal, but I know most people feel that "hey I'm showing up ok?" is just fine. :)
Glad you had such a great turn out for your BBQ! And yay for almost being to onederland, I know you'll get there by next week. ;)
I know you're the competition... but I'm rootin' for ya!
Never give up!! I love that.
People never RSVP, it is so very frustrating. We had to track people down for my husband's 30th party.
You are inspiring me to get closer to Onederland. I am tired of not losing.
I have decided we are not hosting at my house any more. I just can't handle when things don't go according to my plan or schedule. When people are running on their own schedule and have no respect for the schedule I am trying to keep to, it drives me nuts! Yeah, I'm neurotic like that! Everyone else had a good time, so I guess that is what counts. I was completely stressed the whole time though!
You are so freaking adorable!
I'm impressed with the swimming. I was on the swim team in high school...I was crappy, but it kept me in somewhat shape. I wish I could get myself to do it again, but so far I haven't. Maybe I will get yet more inspiration from you!
I enjoy swimming too, but I hate going to a public pool. Someday when I'm rich, I will have an indoor pool at my house. That would be incredible!
You are SO CLOSE to Onderland!
Love that you had a good weekend! NO way could I successfully host 22 people! You go girl!
Good luck on the challenge! And you're almost to onederland! Yay!
I just joined a gym with a pool -- might have to try some swimming!
Ohhhh I wanna come to one of your parties!!! GREAT job on the swimming! I love to swim! Not sure if I could do twenty consecutive laps at the present moment but if I adopt YOUR attitude (never, never, never give up) I could be doing that in no time!!
You're going to do GREAT on the challenge - or else!! If you start slacking, I'M going to show up without RSVPing and kick... uhm.. motivate you!!
Great news on doing laps!
Wish I could have come to your BBQ. I have no idea what turkey sausage is! minced turkey made in to sausages?
200.8 is fantastic! Onederland here you come, do you really need to do liquids though? If I were to do liquids I'd quickly loose the plot and eat loads of rubbish!
Swimming is great, well done!
I'm glad that you're not doing liquids, it's not meant to be that hard!
Thanks for the recipe, I will give it a go as I've really struggled with ground turkey, I've made bolognaise, chilli and meat loaf and its all, without exception been fowl (haha!)
As far as I know we don't get Polish Kilbasa but I am fairly new to eating meat so will have a look.
Thank you x
We are so on, for all of it! dominating the challenge, pedi's, and the comedy club!!! Can't wait!!!!
Good morning,
Have done most of the room, not that much of a work out as the whole floor was covered, didn't even need to move much! I do need to vacuum but George is pretty much phobic about it, makes like fun and my house messy!
I eat any meat other than beef really, although I tend to stick to chicken breast and don't eat a lot of that, I don't really do much pork but can't resist chorizo!
Post a Comment