Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So this heat............


So this heat we are all talking about has made me so very tight. But I have discovered a love for ice cream. Before being banded I never ate ice cream. Well not never but it was quite rare. I could never finish a blizzard. A gallon of ice cream in the freezer would go bad...no lie. But right now I want ice cream all day. And the good stuff. Ben and Jerrys or Hagen Das, Please.

That being said:

I am working my tale end off people! These workouts my meathead (trainer) is having us do are insane. But I am loving it. I am so happy with the way I feel. Yesterday was work out 3...

But I haven't lost even one lb. I am eating well under my calorie limit. Even with the occasional ice cream. I am trying not to get discouraged. It is only week two and I know I am probably gaining muscle as I am using muscles I haven't used since my college training days. So give me some love here ladies. Beth?? Did you drop weight quick when you started your mega work out?

My 2 lb a week goal is not happening! Yet.

But I am proud of me. Ladies, this is hard stuff and I am doing it. Like running up and down the blasted stairs. 10 times. Not 5 up and 5 down....Up down 1. I mentioned this in one of my last posts. But I mention it again because there is no way you would have caught me doing that before! EVA.

I love the girl I am training with. Jami. She is so sweet and kind and such a good motivator. In the last 3 up/down runs..she was ahead of me. She ran the last three with me, to keep me going. Some things we are equal on. Like the leg presses or the medicine ball exercises. But anything with running and endurance she is well ahead. It is important to me that I don't feel behind and intimidated. But I don't..so thank you Jami! PLUS...meat head, after yesterday said we girls were doing really well. And he said it with some truth in his voice! Praise be!!


Chicago

Have I mentioned how excited I am?
I am going to the drag show with my girls, possibly a comedy show, I am following Beth to a Jazzercise class! I decided to go with the salad bar option with dinner only because I know I can be fed well and I won't waste a bunch of food! I have one outfit picked out...bought some new shoes. Have some cool S&D jewelry. I think about it everyday! Bummed that some of you can't come! But just plain excited. Meeting you people is nerve wracking...Like first day of high school. But I wouldn't miss it.


Dinner

I made the best dinner last night. I am a fresh produce kinda girl and am really lucky to not only have my parents garden to steal from but our customers bring in loads of stuff for us! We just don't have time to grow our own...I have herbs a plenty, but veggies come from friends and fam! Anyway.. I got the last of my parents beets last night. I never liked beets until a few years ago. Pickled..yuck. They tasted like dirt. But my mom roasted them for us a few years back and OMG were they heavenly. I also have an acquaintance who produces her own goat cheese. She brought my order to me last week and I froze part of it. The cheese I opened was basil and green onion goat cheese and OMG that was heavenly too! So last night was this:

Roasted Beets, panko crusted turkey cutlets, topped with fresh goat cheese! I made corn on the cob for the hubs... It took me 30 minutes to eat 1/2 cup of beets and 3 oz of turkey but I loved every bite. I drizzled a little red wine vinegar and olive oil on the top. The whole meal was about 350 calories. I've got a cutlet left over which I will try for lunch but me and left over meat don't get along so well! But yum was it tasty.


Life

Life is busy right now. I keep saying this but I feel a little bit spread thin. But happy as well! Going to bed early is what I am doing. My house needs a cleaning. It isn't cluttered but I dusted my desk with my butt bringing dinner to the table last night! I actually thought to myself..I'm gonna write this in my blog tomorrow.
I am reading all your blogs. Replying quickly when I can! But thinking of you all!

Have a fabulous Wednesday, ya'll!

14 comments:

The Ninja said...

That dinner sounds yummy, I enjoy beets, but have always had them in soups, I am going to try that roasting thing, It sounds yummy.

I tell you what, since this whole baby making thing started I have felt like a band girl myself, it takes me forever to eat anything and I feel like it all just sits in my esophagus for hours. it's not cool.

Leslie said...

Your dinner sounds ahhhh-mazing. Yum! I had a goat cheese salad from Whole Foods for lunch yesterday and I have been dreaming about it every since. It's going back on the grocery list for next week for sure.

I'm sure your body is just reacting to all the physical activity, I bet the weight will stop dropping over the next few weeks.

Alison said...

Maybe you need to up your calories a bit? It's never made and sense to me when people are told that they don't eat enough and that's why they don't loose weight but maybe that is what is going on here? Maybe go up to your calorie limit and see how it goes.

Don't mention Chicago, sob.

Rhonda said...

I'm getting the salad option as well! I just couldn't justify $35 extra for eating mayyyybe 3 oz of meat. So you'll be in good company. :)

I'm soooo excited to meet everyone, too! Especially after meeting Dawnya, Beth, Debi, and Andrea this weekend. Awesome ladies!

I decided not to buy a dress until a week or two before BOOBs, though... just cuz I'm praying to the cocktail dress gods that I'll lose another size before then. (A girl can dream.) So glad you found some cute things already, super proud of you and all of your hard work!

Justawallflower said...

Oh my goodness, I am the same way with ice cream! I would never even buy it before. Maybe I would have some at a bday party, but now, I could eat it everyday if I allow myself. Band, what is up with that?

As for the weight, you will definitely see changes in your body, whether or not lbs are coming off. Keep at it! Can't wait to meet you in Chicago!

MandaPanda said...

I always seem to stall a little bit when I start really working out. Don't worry...your weight will catch up with the effort.

Dinner sounds very yummy! Hard to grow veggies in AZ so we don't get much outside of the grocery store. Now citrus fruit, we get TONS Of that.

Anonymous said...

I am so JEALOUS of those of you heading to Chicago. I am now mooping in the corner for the rest of the day. Or until my boss sees me and I end up fired. (bottom lip out)

Liz said...

Who you are a busy bee. Ice cream is sooo good, and just a little bit satisfies me...my fave is the Haagen Dazs Five vanilla bean. OMG.

I so cannot wait for Chicago either!!! I haven't decided which extra activities I want to do yet but will prob do them all! Except Jazzercise, I wanna do that but it's so early!! I am going to go with the salad bar option too :)

~Lisa~ said...

Sounds like you're going to be the belle of the ball in Chicago!! And, WAY TO GO with your works-outs, lady!! I am thinking that poundage lost may actually be turning into muscle - which is always a good thing!!

Beth Ann said...

No! In fact, I gained 8 pounds in my first two weeks of CrossFit. But my jeans fit the same so I powered through. In the 3rd week, I lost about 5 pounds of that, but I still have some to get rid of. I will take my measurements on Sunday to see if there is any difference there.

Chicago will be a blast! You might have to help me wake up for Jazzercise after that Comedy Show. I will be tired, but I am determined!!

Will you cook for me? Sounds delish!

Lyla said...

When you start exercising, or exercising harder, you retain a lot of water weight in your muscles that is used in the breakdown/repair process. It will start coming off if you keep it up.

I am the same way with ice cream. Used to go bad in the freezer, now it's my favorite sweet. What the heck?

By the way, does the S&D website have all the jewelry or are the cookbooks more extensive?

Debi said...

I love ice cream. I now choose the weight watchers ice cream bars (several flavors) or a sugar free kind. That helps me!

I am excited about Chicago too. But I'm with Ronnie, not going to buy anything new until closer to the trip in hopes that I will be down another size!

I can't wait to meet you :)

Andrea said...

That ice cream looks so good! I've been craving it too because of this heat and I am not even an ice cream person. I did have some frozen yogurt the other day and it was so good!

Becky said...

Wow, you are chef for heaven's sake! Also, I didn't like ice cream much before surgery either. Lately I've been craving a Ritter's pumpkin flavor frozen yogurt. I'm in trouble if I still feel like this in the fall when they come back out with it!