Yep...yesterday we boxed. After our heart rate spike, and running the stairs, and throwing those damn medicine balls, we boxed.
Let me say that I love zumba, I took dance for 8 years when I was younger, but I don't always have the best coordination. So learning to jab and dance all while keeping my shoulders square, proved to be a little taxing!! But I did it! Meathead...who I am becomming fond of....stayed with me a few extra minutes to work on boxing with me as my partner had to leave early. He thinks I do better without the gloves off.
We ended the session with squats. But this time it was on the steps ( like shown above) he started us stacked about 6 high. Then we would do sets of 10. Remove a step until we were down to just one! I did every single one but my goodness it was really hard. My partner does it with beauty and grace. I have a hard time not swearing. Ha
Now for some advice, please!
I know I am exercising every day. 5 days this week so far. I am logging my food, eating fairly well, but I haven't lost much weight. I am doing the BTB challenge and of course all the new bandsters are rockin' but I am not even losing a 1lb a week at the moment and I am working so freaking hard! Do I need to go for a fill? Or should I let these work outs catch up with me. I haven't pb'd in quite a while...I did feel tight last week, but this week and yesterday especially I felt hungry all day! What do you people think!!???


15 comments:
Wanna know a secret? I secretly kinda hate that we're lumped in the same category as the baby bandsters! Cuz we all know until about 6 months, the weight is falling off like a bra on a flat-chested pre-teen. Unfair advantage! LOL (I know some will probably read my comment and hate me. But we'd totally be winning if there was a 6 - 12 month category. lol)
That being said... how many calories are you eating? Do you drink often? I find if I eat anymore than maybe 1100 per day I don't lose, which sucks pirate booty. And if I drink, I gain a bit... I read on someone's blog a few days ago that when you drink your liver automatically changes the alcohol into fat. What the heck?!
I think at this point, you're building muscle, and since you don't have time to recupe after a workout (since you're going every day), it's hard to let the muscle repair and let the water it's probably retaining settle and flush out. (At least, that's what they told me happened on the Magic Schoolbus!)
I would say, maybe go in for a small tweak if you think you need it, but if your pants are fitting better, I say enjoy the NSV side of it instead of the scale side. The scale will catch up soon, I just know it. :)
(Lawd, but that was a looong comment.)
I think you should let the workouts catch up. I always have a harder time losing when I'm working out hardcore (not that it has happened in awhile)
If it makes you feel any better, I'm a baby bandster and I'm not losing much either. Don't get discouraged, we'll get there in time.
Are your clothes fitting differently? Go by that for now.
I JUST NOW lost all of the weight I gained with CrossFit. It was two weeks putting on and two weeks coming off. But I KNOW that I'm tighter and much better put together at this weight today. Yes, we can't lose sight of the scale, but fitness does not hurt you.
If you are logging your calories, have a caloried deficit and are still not losing...just hang on. It is uber frustrating...believe me, I know! Lots of crying on my end. But in the end, I'm glad for my CrossFit. By Christmas, I will be strong and fit, regardless of my scale weight.
Super big hug, Amanda!!
1 lb. or less per week is completely NORMAL at this stage in the game. In fact it gets WORSE the smaller you get. I'd have a freaking PARTY if I were losing a lb. a week!
So hang in there! Keep logging and exercising if you enjoy your routine. Remember that losing slowly means you are more likely to keep it off AND that you may have less loose skin!
Can I just copy and paste Ronnie's entire comment??? Girl, you are killing it with the workouts. The scale will catch up, I promise!!!
Your working out hard, so you are naturally going to be more hungry. Just eat more protein. I wouldn't jump right to a fill though. Give it some time, the weight will come off! Or only do two days of weights and the rest cardio, that makes the weight come off.
You're hungry because you're working out-- I wouldn't mess with your fill. I know it's hard, but I would suggest just that you just keep on keepin on-- you're doing everything right and your bod WILL catch up.
I'm with Lyla... the trouble with working out really hard is that it makes you very hungry.
I know this is controversial, but are you sure you need to be killing it so much at the gym??? If I were you, I might limit working out to no more than an average of 1 hour per day, if you're over that, I think you may be over doing it.
If you're craving working out after that-- then stretch or do gentle yoga so that you're not forcing yourself into a hunger craze.
Somewhere in my blog I have written about my opinion of exercise and how you have to really understand your goals:
If you want to lose weight-- focus on that, weight loss is about calorie control, not necessarily burning OFF calories.
If you want to become superfit-- then do that, but weight loss doesn't necessarily come along with superfitness.
Hope this helps!!
if it is ANY consolation, it took a good 2 to 3 months of me working out with my trainer before my weight loss really kicked in. The first 6 months after my surgery I lost maybe 35 lbs...then in late October (I was banded in late Feburay and started with a trainer in June/July) my losses really kicked in...Give it time...it will all pay off!!!
Yeah my suggestion would be to maybe up the calories?? That helped me when I wasn't losing as much and it's helped since I started eating around 1,200.
When it comes to whether or not to get a fill, it's all based on how much you're eating, how often and how long you stay satisfied. When you exercise more, you tend to be hungrier so you may be taking in more calories without realizing it. Also, I hear when people start working out REALLY hard, sometime the loss stalls and take awhile to catch up but I would base the fill question solely on how much you're eating.
I was working out a lot and didn't lose weight either. I finally got a mini fill, but I hadn't had one in months. Just give it some time. You have lost a lot, and your body (damn that body) will, on occasion, say that it doesn't want you to lose any more for a while.
Post a Comment