Yep. Now guess.
Nah. I wouldn't do that. I just thought it was a catchy title!
Hello my little Dichelostemma capitatum's!

Anyway. So right before I was leaving to go to the OB/GYN today, we got a customer who noticed I was eating a piece of pizza! Let me tell you this customer was male. Why do all older males feel like the need to comment on what the heck I am eating...I digress:
Again, he noticed I had a slice of pizza. It was a piece with one bite taken out and all of the toppings removed! I was saving the crust for my well fed dog as a treat.
He says Pizza is bad for you! I say, it's better then McDonalds. He says Not Much, I can't eat it anyway because I have had lapband surgery. I say Oh me too. He then says I just ate lunch at Sho neys. I ate 2 pieces of chicken, some mashed potato's, and some macaroni and cheese. I then roll my eyes!
Are you effing (pardon me ladies I am proper but I cuss) kidding me? You just felt the need to comment on my 1 piece of pizza with all the toppings removed and one bite of crust eaten when you just ate "healthy" at a buffet?? Are nuts? Number one...mashed potato's are like glue to me but they have almost no value to me as far as nutrition. Mac and Cheese, how I love it, but I don't eat it because it doesn't go down in the dose that I want to eat it so why try! And if that buffet actually served any chicken other then FRIED chicken then I would be shocked!
But yet my pizza was the devils food. I don't get it.

or
I think men are different then ladies in many different ways but in this particular case he just has no idea about nutrition or even health facts. He said that he has had lapband for 4 years. He has lost about 75 lbs. Good for him. And he got his surgery in Mexico...by the same doc that a lot of people use. Again, good for him. He then says no one here would give him the surgery because he wasn't Obese. He was over weight but not obese.
In whose world buddy? You started at 255. You are 5ft 4inches and that might be guessing on the taller side (he was a short guy). That my friends is OBESE. And that is why you qualified for the surgery. No one here would give you the surgery because no one here does it. EVEN now.
Am I a lap band snob?
I hate the word obese by the way. I am 2 and a bit points away from being over JUST overweight.
So my OB/GYN appointment went well. I went of birth control. STOP NOW because I get a tiny bit personal.
I hated the stuff. It was literally birthcontrol because I NEVER wanted to even consider doing anything EVER with my husband. Poor guy. I feel better now btw. For those of you who are concerned or still reading.
So I am off. We'll see if I get pregnant. Might be nice. But lord knows if I ever have another miscarriage then it might just send me over the edge for good. And I do not want to be PG while I am in Chicago. That would be no good.
That's all.

15 comments:
Sometimes you just have to let what people say go in one ear and out the other. And if someone is every commenting on what your eating, all you have to say is "its for me to worry about, but thank you for being concerned" haha. That guy really didn't know anything about nutrition. You are doing great by the way, so don't even worry about what that guy said!! Keep up the GREAT work!! I really wish I was going to the convention in Sept!!
That guy sounds like a jerk. Or maybe he thought he was flirting, LOL!
Good luck with getting preggers! My sister is pregnant with her first child -- she's 41. I can't wait to be an auntie! :D
Unbelievable that anyone would have the nerve to comment on what you are eating! Makes me mad.
Amanda, I will be crossing my fingers for you with going off BC.
I'm crossing my fingers, doing a rain dance and wishing on stars that you have good luck being off that birth control.
I think it's so funny how it affects you and that in me, it makes me feel sane and not so crazy hormonal. LOL.
Oh and I one word for that man. CLUELESS!
The nerve of some people. He had no right to say anyting to you. Jerk.
What a pig - in every sense of the word... I just wanna come slap him for commenting on what my Friend was eating - pig...
You're in my prayers, Lovely Lady...
People like that just make me laugh.
Yay on going off the birth control! I coincidentally went to the ob/gyn yesterday myself...and got a scrip to go back on! I am feeling like getting back out there lately!
And no, you CANNOT be preggo in Chicago, we are going to have us some draaaaankies!
What is wrong with people?!? Seriously you think he would understand having the surgery and not be judgmental! And then has the audacity to eat all that crap!? Crazy!
Good luck with the pregnancy!
Gotta love how people decide what you should or should not be doing (especially when you are losing at a very nice pace). I hope everything goes smoothly on the PG front.
Boys can be so dumb! I would have pulled up some nutrition facts for that old man. Plus, sounds like he was eating too much and was probably overfull... hope he got stuck! ;)
Oh, and I'm only 5 lbs away from being only "overweight" - how cool that we're so close! :D
Oh, AND, good luck going off BC! Personally, I hate the stuff. Makes me a super bitch.
Ay yi yi, I might have punched that guy!
Good luck getting preggers! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it waits until right AFTER you get back from Chicago!! :)
I'm actually going to the OB/GYN to see about BC options since I got pregnant after 7 years of trying, lord knows I don't want to be Fertile Myrtle now!!!
What a DB! Will be praying for you, sweetness!
It's funny, when I was using the Mirena I felt the same way. Why leave it in and feel like this, we never "get down" anymore anyway. Let's get it out because living like this is just awful.
You should've told that dude to shut up, Mind his business and kiss your ass. That's what I'd have done.
I just saw this post now...not sure how I missed it darlin! I am so ticked that that guy thought he could comment on what you were eating!! I don't understand how ANYONE no matter what feels they can comment on someone elses food choice.
Wishing you the best of luck for pregnancy AFTER Chicago. *grin*
Post a Comment