Monday, September 12, 2011

...........and then you see it.

Most days I don't see it. I don't really feel it. And a definitely don't believe it.

Then:

I woke up on Sunday.... this Sunday being kind of a dark day being that it was 9/11. Anyway, I woke up and made breakfast which I think got stuck on..but that is beside the point. We, like a plenty of other people watched the news and all the memorials and countless other specials about everything 9/11. I started to just turn a bit sour. A little depressed if you will. I decided to take a long bubble bath, shave my legs, and paint my toes. I even did a little facial and that is when it happened.

I was washing the facial gunk off my face and I looked in the mirror. My hair was back and I of course had no make up on. I had red splotches from my lovely eczema outbreak on my chin...but I saw it. I saw a slender face looking back at me. I loved it.

Typically I don't see it. I see my puffy little pouch is still there and that I my body isn't changing at all. But every so often I see it. Yesterday was that day!

I challenge you all to see it. Feel it. I know it is hard but when you least expect it on a dark and dreary day you will have a moment when you do! Accept it because you have worked hard for those moments of happiness!


I felt it.

Then I went back to my Sunday laundry!

The End,  little rhododendrons

15 comments:

The Cozy (not crazy) Coconut said...

That is phenomenal!! Don't you just love it because it happens so unexpectedly an usually at just the time you didn't realize you needed it! I am so very happy for you!!!!!!!! Awesomeness! :)

Rhonda said...

I'm glad you're finally seeing it - I always could!

Cece said...

Beautiful .. both you and the post ... love it !

Cat said...

I'm so glad you see it Amanda. You are such an inspiration to all of us and so full of hope and enthusiasm for each of us. You bring sun into my life. :) Thank you for sharing your moment of seeing it.

Anonymous said...

I can see it on you in all your pictures. You look so beautiful.

~Lisa~ said...

Beautiful post from a beautiful Lady! Thank you for making me smile today!

The Ninja said...

It does tend to sneak up on you, but I'm glad you found something to smile about on Sunday. I'm seeing it less, but I'm getting to the point where I'm sort of okay with that.

MandaPanda said...

What a wonderful moment! You'll find that you have more of those moments the further along in the journey you go. Well done!

Tina said...

Oh my goodness-such an eloquent post! Why have I not found your blog until today! Thanks for commenting on mine and showing me the way to yours :)

I love your flower pics at the end of each post too :)

xxxooo

Joey said...

Hi Amanda, So I'm a little late on the train catching up on your blog and yadda, yadda. excuses. I see that you too have curly hair! Obviously, we will have much to discuss (with Carmen) :)
See you soon!

Tina said...

Why yes...yes we are both married to Brits. You are going to Chicago then? We will have to drink and commiserate over our common experiences. :)

xxxooo

Kristin said...

What a great post, Amanda. You're so right about stopping and looking in the mirror and appreciating the changes happening.

To answer your question, I was tight for about a week. It fluctuated - it wasn't awful for the entire week, but it just got to the point where I decided it wasn't worthwhile so I got the unfill. Better now, thank goodness!

Theresa said...

Amen!

Dinnerland said...

So true!! A wonderful thought....

Rhonda said...

Girl, you is cuh-razy. I can't even fit into most 16's, I meant I bought 14 new things. :)