You know that I am excited about Chicago. You know that I am busy with work and my Stella & Dot world. You know that I have been sick....so what else?
Yesterday was my first day back to my trainer after 1.5 weeks off! I am so sore today! I got a mile in running, a lot of medicine ball above my head bouncy things (like my technical name), lunges after lunges with 15lb weights, this evil arm machine, and then we did work with biceps! I am so very very sore today. My legs and butt feel painful!
Well. I am still having issues with my throat. Yesterday I freaked out on Beth, Lynda, and my mom thinking I am having acid reflux and that I am screwing up my band and esophagus. I've never really had acid reflux before..a little heart burn here and there but just a minor discomfort. And I still don't have any pain or acid at this point! But my throat has been hurting for well over a week now. And yesterday my chest just felt heavy all day. After reading Beths post about her little defill I started to worry.
Today I am thinking that I am just sick still. Allergies and left over strep issues. There is green mucus involved which means there is still a little infection probably. I am not discounting acid reflux but I am not too worried! Lynda and Beth both made me think things through. I am able to eat and take vitamins so I am just going to take it a day at a time and start an antibiotic again.

I want my Secret Bandster to know that I am planning my first 2 meals with the cook book she gave me! Here is what I am making : Scallops with Fresh Ginger Sauce and roasted root veggies. (probably sweet potato, parsnips and turnips) and then meal 2: Roasted Eggplant Roulade with oregano and marinated goat cheese and a pork tenderloin with a red pepper sauce!

YUM! Eggplant farmed locally, oregano from my garden (which is suffering) and the goat cheese from a local cheese maker. Double yum!
So thank you Secret Bandster! I am excited. Even more my husband is excited!
ITEM REVIEWS
There are a few items that I am loving at the moment.
# 1 favorite:

Now I know it doesn't have much protein but it is really good! A Thai inspired flavor. Coconut milk and ginger! It is lovely! Trader J*oes has a version but to me it tastes more nutmeg-gy then Thai like! I did not expect to love it like I do! I just bought a case, that is how much I love it!
Fav #2.:
YUMMMMO. I believe it is 70-80 calories, a little protein. It is smooth and creamy and is very very good. I add a little sour cream and it is heaven in a mug at work for me! The Trader Joe version is just as good!
They also have a Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato...a lot of versions of this soup are out there and most are good!
FAV #3

You all who have followed me for a while know that I am not a huge fan or protein powders and drinks! But my moms friend brought me a load of these and I knew I'd hate them! But I don't! Od*walla Chocolate Protein Monster! I like the vanilla okay but the chocolate one is great! I freeze them and then drink them through the thaw. Fabulous. I love them really damn cold. I'd like to try the strawberry but I haven't found them! In my small town they don't sell them so I buy 20 at a time and freeze them! They can be pricey but at this point I am not eating a whole lot so I think they are worth it.
Fav #4

these I can get for a $1. 20g of protein and 300 calories. Kinda on the high end but again...same as the Od*walla protein I am not eating a lot so I can afford the calories. If I start eating more I will cut these out! Never tried anything except for the chocolate but YUM-freakin-O
Fav #5

Like I have said a million times! I love cheese! Any kind. But right now I am on a brie kick! I like to throw a little wedge in the microwave with a little bit of Cherry, raspberry, or apricot preserves and I eat it sometimes with the trader j-oes mini savory sesame crackers (another never live without fav of mine) Heaven!
So I guess that is my post today! Food. It is 10 on Friday. My last post went out one day and didn't show up on blog roll until the next day! Let me know if you get this today! Much love my little posies!


15 comments:
Oh my...that brie looks awesome. I wssn't prepared for food porn. Yummo
I have a couple cartons of that Cashew Carrot soup -- I'm glad to hear it's good!
Sorry you're not feeling better...but glad you're feeling more comfortable about it.
I, too, loooooooooooove cheese! I have made mozzarella at home--it was yummy and definitely better than anything in the store but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort on a regular basis. I tried making ricotta, but it didn't turn out at all. I will buy my cheese from the professionals from now on, thankyouverymuch. (I did go to a local dairy farm and learn how to make blue cheese--most surely not a project for the home cook).
You are evvvviiiiiil!
yum.. brie. yes please
Nom nom nom!!!
I want to come over when you make those scallops! Oh, that brie looks heavenly too.
LOVE Trad*r J*e !! I'll have to check out those mini savory sesame crackers. Thanks for the recommend !
Firstly, feel better soon! I love all of your flower greetings, how sweet!
I second the Pacific Carrot cashew soup- YUM! I sometimes need to go slow with it, due to it's thickness, but I love it!
We also share cheese adoration! I never thought of the microwave, but along with your delicious recipes posted above, I will try it!
Big hugs, lots of love!!!!
Annie
xoxox
Those scallops look TO. DIE. FOR - what time is dinner????
I'm still not up to par either - must be some kind of super-bug that we have.. ((huggssss)) hope you feel better soon my Friend...
Thanks for the recipes!!
Food porn is something I was not expecting, but I love it any way. Those scallops look so tasty!!!
Sorry you've still got an infection, blech. Been there. Just a suggestion you may already know/be doing: Probiotics! My family has found it really helps to take probiotics daily and particularly when you're taking antibiotics. Plain yogurt and kefir drinks help too. And try to avoid sugar--it feeds bacteria including yeast. Antibiotics can bring on symptoms of gastric reflux esp. tetracycline so hopefully the GERD will ease up when the infection/medicine is done. Be well!
Sounds like you've got loads to talk about. If it's mucousy, I'm thinking it's not reflux but I don't think I've ever had it to know what it feels like. I love the Shamrock Farms and Pacific soups too! Please post those 2 recipes you try. They look fantastic!
the brie and fruit thing is interesting! i never would of thought to put those together?! interesting and thanks for sharing!! :)
Thanks for the product recommendations!
Post a Comment