Is that messed up? I mean seriously am I messed up? I got this band to have children...among other reasons too, but to help me have a successful pregnancy since I have been unsuccessful so far. I want a child. But I want to stay healthy (and skinnier) even more and it is a little sad that I can admit to myself and to all of you of course, but I don't think I could keep the weight off if I lost my band.
I know there are a few people out there who have had band removal. I know Jacquie had a revision right away. Jen is struggling with her removal...but I am proud of her. I know I would have sadness and struggles as well. But what would you do? Have you thought of it?
It also leads me to think about (through Robyn) what things we can do to prevent removal? Do you girls know? Or the signs that you are having issues!?
So I guess what I am saying, is like other issues we have, breast and OB GYN yearly exams, be proactive in keeping your band healthy. Think about what you might do if you had an issue and keep positive.
Thoughts~
Just a notice. I posted my last blog in what I thought was a positive observation. I was hoping to get a few people thinking. I did of course and I got some great responses from my commenter's. But what kind of surprises me is the amount of comments I got. Plenty I know but compared to some recent posts where the count was up to 30, I was a little shocked that I had just 11. It isn't a vanity thing. I don't want people to comment if they don't feel inclined but it has me thinking that most people don't like preachy posts. But maybe, JUST maybe it caused a few people to turn their moods around for the day.
What do you think? Do you ignore posts where people post their opinions on life issues? Could be politics, health, child care?
Findings~
Last Wednesday Chris took me shopping for his birthday. Yes, I did say his birthday. We went to Tar-get, World-Mar-ket, R-E-I, Star-bu-cks and we had a group-on for a great dinner out.
Now for most those stores would be no big deal but I live in a town that has Wallyworld and a $1 Store and various other junky type things! A nice Main Street for sure but not so much for shopping! So going to Tar-get and World Mar-ket are like little times in heaven for me.
In tar-get I got a few items that I am in love with.

Boot socks. Although mine don't go up over my knees...but I am loving them! I am wearing them right now with a dress and calf style boots. I'd take a picture but my husband as always has hijacked the camera for hiking!
Footless tights

I got these in three colors. I love to wear them with boots and Tar-get has great colors for a great price!
World Mar-ket:

Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc. A very good price. I have been into Sauvignon Blancs this summer but mostly the ones from New Zealand specifically the Marlborough area. THey are crisp and grapfruity and non sweet! The wine guy talked me into a more expensive California and I have to say this one is still my fav.

You can buy this brand a lot of places and not that I could eat much but Chris really enjoyed this last night and I loved the flavor. This brand is a good one because it isn't full of preservatives. I use their red and green curry paste, coconut milk, peanut sauce, and they have a peanut coating for chicken that is really darn good! So I recommend these products
SO I could go on and on. But I should work! Getting ready for another big Stella & Dot event and of course paying bills for our day to day job! Fun! Happy Tuesday!

17 comments:
Wow! There's a lot in this post. I would totally try to get a revision to a sleeve even if I had to self pay. I'm hoping that if this ever does happen to me, it's far enough into the future where I'll be able to afford it. Without my insurance, I never could've gotten the badn in the first place.
Second, I love opinionated posts. To me, they are SO interesting because I think when we get kind of ranty or deep, it gives a glimpse into what you're REALLY thinking.
Third, the boot socks are SUPER cute!
Fourth, I'm not getting many comments these days either. Maybe our popularity is flailing? Nah...I think people are just busy bees.
Aww I bet you look really cute today with your dress and boots!
I didn't comment, but I read it! I just had so much catching up to do I wanted to get onto the blogs from today.
I don't think people don't like preachy posts, I think it was just because it was earlier in the week, and nobody's really commenting much. :)
I don't have any problems with what anyone wants to post. I'm new to blogging, but my personal opinion is that I blog for me, and if someone wants to read or comment cool, but if not that is ok too. For me it is just a way to just ramble on about what I'm thinking. But anyway, that is my two cents and for what it is worth I love your blog!
Hmmm I'll have to check to make sure I saw your post from yesterday. If I didn't comment it's because I didn't read it. I always comment on your stuff. *grin*
I'll also post more about this later. Love those boot socks!! *hearts*
Um, the idea of having a band issue that requires removal freaks the s#%t out of me. I am going in for my 1 year appointment on Nov 18, even though that is the better part of a month early (I didn't want to do it right around Christmas). I am already anxious and really hoping that I get the 2 thumbs up that I want after the esophogram. As for what I would do- probably the sleeve. We paid for this surgery ourselves bc I didn't want to jump through the insurance hoops, so we would pay for the other one as well. But shhh, that is NEVER going to happen!!! And HUH, you get 30 comments per post. Super jealous. Kenny actually wants me to get more followers somehow, but I really don't know how THAT would happen:)
Love my boot socks, I have them in like 7 crazy colors. Also been loving a small glass of wine recently (doc said it's okay) and that's sounds yummy, I'll have to try it.
Hmmm....might've been something wrong with commenting yesterday. I thought I commented and just went back to read the others and...my comment wasn't there!
I comment no matter what... I try to put a little spin on things too. As for fear of losing the band, I guess I have had that fear. Just never told anyone. I did have moments where I thought I stretched things out... and that goes along with the guilt of not losing all the weight I should have at this point.
Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc? I am going to have to look for that. I love white wines!!
I was a self pay for my band surgery. I took money out of my retirement because, face it, I wanted to see retirement healty. I would do it all over again.
Love all varieties of Cupcake wines.... if you like Sauvingnon Blancs, please try Valley of the Moon Chardonay, it's my new fave....It's crisp and light like a Sauvignon Blanc, but oh so delish. Sounds like your shopping was all grand. And...I'm sorry to say I didn't read your post yesterday, I just did and thought it was great an not preachy, it's probably just that it was a Monday and everyone was like me...too busy to read! Have a great day!
Wow! Lots to comment on here!
1) Would definitely get a revision..
2) I do love to read posts that show me the inner workings of someone - whether I agree or not is irrelevant. I know I'd comment in one way or another. Most likely in a nice kinda way..
3) Love, love, LOVE the outfits!! I know what you mean about having very few stores! I've never tried the wine but will surely look for it!
Have a terrific day!!
I never ever thought about not having my band because I never had any issues and I was following the "rules"... the surprise of finding out something was wrong and having my band removed with in a few weeks made it so hard- I really really hope no one else is forced to deal with the trauma of losing their "kit", but if they do it sure is wonderful to have friends like you (and the other BooBs) to count on for support and encouragement :)
I have already told The Hubs that if I ever have to lose my band that I WILL have a revision--- even if it means I have to staple my stomach to my elbow.
I am so J of your boot socks--and that you have boots to wear with your socks---I need to get me some boots.
You are a girl after my own heart--- I am such a wino. I love Sauv. Blanc-- can't stand oaky Chardonnays. My current grape lust is for Oregon Pinot Gris
-I recommend Williamette Valley Vinyards Pinot Gris and Left Coast Cellars 'The Vinyards' Pinot Gris both are sooo tasty.
Ok, I have to say...I've been a bad blogger. I've only posted once in the last week and I'm now trying to play catchup, so I'm sorry i was one of those non-commenters. I LOVE positive posts, regardless of whether they are band related or not. We all need to be uplifted and I like hearing others opinions because that's what makes us all so different and it's important to hear new views.
I have to try that rice. It sounds freakin awesome and after your eggplant recipe, I totally want to come into your kitchen and take cooking lessons from you!
To be honest, I haven't thought much about band removal. I agree though that we need to be proactive with our band health so that doesn't happen.
You should always speak your mind even if people don't comment. I thought it was a great post!
Fun shopping finds!
KIT- LOVE it.
Kit was the name of my first dog when I was just a wee girl........
Post a Comment