Because I have to sort 32 table cloths for a huge wedding this weekend! That will for sure piss me the hell off! Then just wait till they come back from said wedding! They will have all sorts of surprises for me. Lipstick colors, a cracker or two, maybe a bit of lettuce, and if we are really lucky some prime rib. Oh yay!
Anyway:
Today is the first morning I have woken up to actually feeling like myself. In over a month I have been one sick puppy! But today I dressed the part, put make up on, and even flirted with my husband (I am wearing a short skirt so he felt the need to comment).
Yesterday I woke up and was 181.6. That is awesome.
Last night we went out to eat and I ate 5 fried pickle chips, 4 fried mushrooms, and two chicken tenders. No veggies at all. And you know what, I loved it. I swear that is why I feel so good today. I haven't eaten since Chicago. I mean I've had soup but nothing really solid and I really feel like that is why I have been feeling so weak. If this was a year ago I would have eaten much more then that and had fries as well. So I feel good about it.
Today I woke up and I weighed 183. I think it was the sodium. But you know what! I don't care. I ate and I feel good. Hopefully I will go back down tomorrow!
I need to re-focus and commit:
I need to remind myself daily to eat solid proteins. I struggle with this people. I mean I have been sick for so long that nothing sounds good to eat. I am simply not interested in food.
I have had this fill level for a while now and while I have lost weight I feel like my nutrition has suffered. Now I can make excuses for this and in fact I will right now. I literally have been sick for the entire fill. Food would do well for a day and then I would struggle with being tight. I don't feel like I am too tight I just feel like I need to be healthy. Now is the time! Focus Amanda.
I need to focus on taking my vitamins. I really do. I struggle with this daily. Anyone have an idea how to make this easier? I need to take a multi, I need to take extra B vitamins, My doc wants me to start a prenatal, and I am losing my hair. I don't have much hair to begin with. My doc says it will stop and not to worry but I have very fine and thin hair. Losing ten hairs a day is traumatic losing more gives me heart palpitations. I need to focus and be healthy and take my vitamins.
I need to be better at keeping a schedule. I need to write down everything on my calender. I need to try and work first thing in the morning at the office instead of logging right on to blogger, facebook, and my email.
Focus. Then play.
![]() |
Whose with my little Milkwood Pinwheels? Who can help me focus!?


19 comments:
I am taking Pre-natal vitamins (for the intended purpose) but I have decided that even when I don't have to have pre-natals I will take them anyway. They are super charged and the one I take is a one a day vitamin which is waaaay more manageable than the cocktail I had tried (poorly) to keep up with. As for the hair loss, have you talked to your Dr about Biotin (it's a B-vitamin), I have heard of WLS patients taking it to help with that. The hubs and I go and get a B-12 injection every week. I tried to take the sub lingual dots but I didn't feel like they were effective. The shots actually feel like they work better.
Glad you are feeling better!!
Probably not me who's been struggling to focus for a year! So glad that you're feeling a bit better, hope that it continues!
I am sooooo glad you're feeling better - I can "hear" your smile in your words!!
I put my vitties next to the coffee pot so that I can take them before anything else in the morning - or else they're forgotten... Hey, I'm old - what else can I say!!
I do biotin. Not sure it helps, but it doesn't hurt. Are there chewable pre-natals out there? If not, can you swallow those horse pills, do you cut into pieces or what?
omg I have a hard time keeping up with my vitamins as well.
If you can figure out how to help with that I think people would pay you for the knowledge lol
beautiful flower!
Um, what is this about work, then play, I'm having a hard time understanding. please explain this to me. In terms I'll understand.
I'm so glad you are feeling a little more like you.
I also have very thin hair, and it is traumatic to lose it by the handfuls.
I also SUCK at taking pills daily. The only thing I take is my B12, all my other vitamins are ok accordng to the doc. I keep a bottle on my desk at work, and a bottle in my purse, so I always have them around when I think about it. It may not be the same time every day, but I usually don't forget because I have the visual reminder.
Glad you are feeling better!
Glad you are feeling like yourself again, you sound like yourself again.
The only way I remember to take vitamins is to put them on my desk at work, I never remember when I am at home.
I take gummie vitamins and I love them, they are like a treat. I keep them by my toothbrush and I also keep some in my desk at work, just in case I forget. I take a B-12 mixture twice a day and I take blood pressure meds twice a day, so I keep those together by my bed, when I wake up before I go anywhere, I take the B12 and the morning BP, then at night before I go to sleep I take the other two. It has been hell for me to get on track with the schedule, but now it's part of my day. I tried biotin, but didn't see a big difference. Glad you're feeling better! Still loving my earrings and necklace!
I take my vitamins at bedtime. They make me sick to my stomach and it helps me to be able to sleep through the cramping. Also it's part of our bedtime routine to take vitamins, the doc said you're supposed to take them during the day, but that the impact of taking them at night is not enough to be a problem.
...now I want fried pickles.
I'm glad you're feeling better (because without that .... what's the point?). Here's an idea - print this post (because it lists everything you need to do) and then you have it right in front of you :) Or, maybe it's just me that needs to see everything in order to do it. :)
I lost hair from month four post-op until at least a year post-op. I have thin hair too, but I never went bald so I'm sure you won't either.
Mushrooms and pickles ARE veggies, even if they're deep-fried!
Feel better!
SO SO SO glad you're back to feeling somewhat normal girl!!!
I keep my vitamins in my desk at work, it's part of my everyday morning routine - protein shake, fill up water bottle, take vitamins. works for me! i am really forgetful with that stuff as well if not!
I feel like an enabler about the fried pickles, that was totes my bad! :(
And I need to start keeping up with my vitamins, too. Lemme know if you find a good solution. Guess we could program reminders on our computers?
I feel like I take a million pills. I really got off track between vacation and all of the other traveling, but I tend to group them into 2 batches. After lunch, I take the first batch (I have a set at home and at work), and then after dinner (or when I get home for the night), I take the second batch. Not a perfect system by any means, but as long as life is being somewhat normal, it works.
I'm soooo glad you're feeling better!!!
I'm glad you're feeling better!! I take powdered vitamins and powdered calcium that both have a bit of a tang flavor (which I hate) but I mix them with Nectar protein powder - in a kiwi strawberry flavor (though they have lots of other flavors too). The combo is really yummy and when I've finished it - I've gotten 24g of protein, vitamins, calcium, and 16-20 oz of water all in one pop. It's yummy so I don't mind drinking it at some point every day.
I'm glad you're feeling better! I was doing good at taking my vitamins, but since I've been back from vacation I haven't taken them at all. Bad! I need to get back into that habit.
I didn't read everyone's comments to forgive me if someone else already said this, but I use a daily vitamin holder that is really big (like for old people :). I can't miss it on my counter and it reminds me to take my pills daily. I also take Biotin on top of my multivitamin because I was afraid of hair loss. I lost a lot of hair after each of my kids was born and I didn't want to have to try and regrow it a 3rd time!
The protein will help with the hair loss. It WILL stop but it takes a little while. Gummy vitamins cured me of not taking them. They're like a little sweet treat at the end of the day. Glad you're feeling better!
Post a Comment