First one being I got my Secret Bandit gift in the mail while our friends were in town! Who ever is my secret lil gift giver is a great one and some how picks things that I am in need of!
This treat was a journal! I am a little bit of a paper nut and I simply love this! It is sitting on my bedside table ready for anything and everything that comes to my mind! I even used it yesterday while I was in a conference call! You know what I just realized...I was wearing my Nike Just DO it shirt at the same time! Haa Awesome!
So again my lil bandit! Thank you.
Tuesday was the best day in the world! I'm not kidding! I woke and traveled to Atlanta to take my mom to the airport. She is in NYC with her best bud...eating at fancy restaurants, drinking at great bars, and going to see fabulous shows. Anyway on the way we stopped for coffee. We don't have a Starbucks in my town so it is quite exciting for me. So I ordered two drinks! 1 Salted Caramel Mocha and a protein shake. Yum. My plan was to kick my mom out at the curb and head on over to our very own LYNDA'S house!
| Us Cuties in Chicago (Lynda and Amanda) |
Can I first say that meeting Lynda this year has been fantastic. Not only was it great to know someone BEFORE going to Chicago but she truly has become a very close friend! It feels like we've known each other for years. It is a shame that we live 2.5 hours away. Mainly because I am such a busy bee and it is hard for me to take time away. But I can not recommend more finding someone close by that is also banded. You will not believe how good it feels to have someone that knows how you feel about this weird device inside of us!
Anyway..I get to Lynda's and she has a fire in the fire place and a gift left out for me. The first time I met Lynda we took our husbands to a baseball game. While they ate stadium food she prepared a white bean and tuna salad for us! She drizzled this fantastic olive oil over the salad to finish it and I have been remarking on that olive oil ever since. So guess what my lil present was? Some fabulous olive oil. But it didn't stop there. In my bag of goodies I also had some artisan tea, some Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, their favorite coffee, this amazing goat cheese with fig jam, and some lavender bath salts cause she knows how much I love a bath.
Is she not totally insane?! I mean who does that. Those are simply all of my favorite things all in glass jars! I came empty handed like an idiot! But that wasn't all! The woman makes fresh soups probably daily. I felt like I was on Top Chef trying each of the 4 (yes 4) she had for me to sample. I had taste testing spoons and all. These weren't just any soups ya'll. Fresh ingredients, slowly cooked until perfect. Lets see if I can remember all four: Pureed Roasted Yellow Tomato and Yellow Pepper, Pureed Cauliflower and White Cheddar, a Green Kale soup, and a pureed Carrot and Butternut squash (I think) They were all simply amazing. Then she gets out three little containers from the freezer and hands them over to me in a cooler bag. So for lunch yesterday I had the cauliflower and white cheddar. I literally licked the bowl.
Then she takes me into her closet! I proceed to try on all her clothes and ended up with a shirt and 2 or 3 pairs of pants. WHICH I PROMPTLY left there. (I'm a dummy).
I got a call from my dad that said the temp was dropping and the snow was falling and I better get home! So off I went...after a fabulous afternoon of gabbing and gift getting!
So ya know...Thank you Lynda! You know me very well and I love you. Thank you for our new friendship!
Then last night I made a tomato, mozz cheese, balsamic vinegar salad and drizzled the fabulous olive oil over the top along with the pink sea salt. I promise you...there is a HUGE difference in flavors.
Today I am in a rotten mood. Everything is pissing me off. It's cold outside. Really cold. I hate money. I mean I love money but I hate paying bills. I got furious at Chris this morning over nothing that either of us can control. And I feel like a bitch. Even after jumping on the sale and finally seeing a lower number since my fill last week. Still didn't make my day better. grr.
However I am wearing two of my favorite Stella & Dot pieces today The Petra bracelet and my earrings are The Adrianne Chain earrings. I am trying to take more pictures with my jewelry on just to show how wearable the items are. Sometimes I over look the flashier types of jewelry because I think it looks like to much! But since I have lost this crazy weight I don't feel so self conscience. So today I am wearing nothing fancy at all and boots and the jewelry has improved the look! Not to mention I still like the hair. So I think I will post a picture...I am posing..just so I can get the jewels in.
directly I have a special deal only for my girls that live out of my general area!
Alright my little jewelry flowers:


14 comments:
Wow,you look like a model in that picture! Lynda sounds amazing, you are lucky to have found her.
Boo for the grouchy mood, but what a cute pic:)
I really like your version of me...I sound amazing!!! Seriously, I consider it a blessing to have someone like you in my life with whom I can share these things. The love is mutual!
You look marvelous I simply love the hair!
I am heading over to the website to take a look, and I am certain that I will find something to purchase! HEHEHEHE
I love Lynda and well you too, I am envious that you get to spend time together!
Beautiful!!
You look so glamorous in that picture!!!! Sounds like a fabulous day with Lynda. So sorry you were grumpy. I hope today is better.
you do look really great in that picture!
A. You are so damn cute. B. I love BOOB meet ups!!!
What is the name of this olive oil? I must know! :)
OMG, you look freakin' HOTT (with two T's!). Despite my lack of comments, I've still been keeping up with you :)
I already told you this on FB, but I love love love your new haircut! You look great!
Whaaaat?! You don't have a Starbucks in your town?! Crazy
Btw, this my favorite picture ever of you! Wow! And Lynda is such as awesome friend. :)
beautiful!! oh, the bracelet is pretty, too :)
ugh that bracelet is gorgeous.. of course one has to be able to pull their eyes off that gorgeous mug of yours to even see it <3 newcomer to the blog, hope youre bad mood poof away and youre feeling better. The jewelry rocks :)
Post a Comment