Morning Oh Blog Land -ers!
Yesterday was a beautiful day here in my world. My very dear friend Kathryn called at 5:00am to tell me she was having contractions! Strange as it was and early as it was...I was up! Maybe I was feeling her pain? No telling! Anyway she delivered her first child at 4:44pm and I was there through the whole event!
I wasn't sure that I would be invited in and truly I would have been fine in the waiting room. But she asked for me! She was a trooper and honestly made labor look manageable. Not easy, not a breeze or a walk in the park, but she was focused. I really am in awe of her!
Mama is good, baby is having some issues breathing. So she didn't get to hold him after he was born. This probably was the hardest thing for her all day. So hopefully today she gets to swaddle, feed, and hold him in her arms!
I am just thrilled.
Next week, dear bloggers, I am on a trip with another dear friend and my God Daughter. She is going to a conference and I am going to take care of the toddler. I have mixed reviews about this! On one hand it will be nice to spend time with B (the child) on the other...what in the hell am I going to do for 5 days with a toddler? I have no children and I have never babysat for more then a day or a random evening! Might this be a little overwhelming? I think so! Hopefully the pool will be open!
The week after that hubs and I are going to NYC! Woooohooo! I am really excited! We've got tickets for 'Wicked' and tickets to see our favorite band (which is why we are going in the first place). We are going to be tourists! Imagine that..tourists in NYC!? The foodie in me hopes that we get to try some amazing restaurant's (at least one suggested by Catherine 55) and the person that has to lose 12 lbs before meeting with the surgeon hopes that I walk like crazy everywhere to curb any weight gain!
When I get back I have a second appointment with my Dr (I have to have 3), an appointment with the dietitian, and also my psych evaluation. So Sept and October are already busy!
So I am having a good week people! I am smiley and I have things to look forward to! Hope you all are having great weeks too!




12 comments:
So happy for your friend. Congrats to her. I so want to go to NYC. One day, one day.
Glad you are having a good week.
Have fun in NYC, I am going in a week to catch King Tut before he leaves the continent for good!
Congratulations to your friend, must have been amazing to see, I have 2 children, I was knocked out for the first and behind a screen for the birth of the second, I have no clue!
Congratulations to your friend- what a wonderful experience to share!
On another note- you are a great, great friend to travel with your friend and her toddler to keep the toddler busy. Best of luck!
I'm already tired just reading about it. I'm keeping the baby in my prayers...hoping for a speedy trip home for mom and baby.
I am thrilled that you were able to be with your friend! How wonderful for you to share this moment with her! I will keep the little one in my prayers - keep us posted.
And, wowowowowowow!! On your trip to NYC!! You're going to have a BLAST! The city is incredible, enjoy EVERY second of it! And know that if you need anything while you're babysitting - we here for you!!
Good luck with the toddler! Haha You might have more fun than you expect.
Also, yes! Walk, walk, and walk some more on your trip. I walked 2 miles in heels last month and lost like 3 lbs overnight! It will help. Allow yourself to indulge just not too much!
Why can't I follow my own advice???? Geez!
I am so jealous that you get to see Wicked!!!! That is one of my favorite shows. You will love it!
Congratulations!!! I love NYC! Its home for me, but there is no place like it. Have a blast!!
Oh, one more thing.. While you're in the Big Apple, have a martini for me!!
You guys are fabulous! Thanks!
Congratulations to your friend. I hope her baby gets feeling better soon.
Post a Comment