In one hour ladies and gents we will be on our way to the airport.
I am so excited!
We came in to work at 7 (like always) just to get a few last minute things done and to wait for our employee to come and as you can tell I am doing tons of work by catching up on my blogs!
My husband is such a great person to travel with. The balance is very good between us. I tend to fuss about money and opt for something that might be a bit cheaper just to save. But when we go on vacation my husband goes all out. He won't let us deny ourselves a fancy dinner. Or a new purse (why does a lady need so many??). Or in my case for this trip...Broadway tickets! We may even get to see more then one show also along with our fav band that we will be seeing on Friday!. It just simply is a joy to vacation with him.
A couple of days ago our employee brought in his iPad to show Chris. Now I am a total mac user. Have been for over 10 years. I don't have an iPhone but I've had iPods and Apple computers. I love mac products! I've wanted an iPad since I saw the first advertisement. Because I am also me I couldn't validate buying one. I mean why...? We have our PC at work (the devil)..my mac at home and Chris' computer in his drum studio set up with all the sound stuff.
Want to know the #1 reason I want one? You might laugh..... To take it into the kitchen so I can look up recipes in a flash! I know, silly, right? But honestly I love love love to cook and I am always using my computer to figure out timing or look up ingredients. It is so small BUT not as small as an iTouch (which my sister has and loves) and it fits so nice in my tiny kitchen. I want one.
Back to Chris...he was playing around with our employees iPad and freaking fell in love! He even called me when I was with the toddler cleaning up whole wheat organic pasta she was throwing on the hotel room floor! He found all these apps for maps (his love) and the subway in NY...he found how many sushi restaurants are within walking distance from our hotel..and on and on!
Guess who's getting an iPad! Don't say Chris...
ME!
I mean us. But I mean Me!
I will hoard this little electronic device away. Know why? Cause he is an electronics thief. They disappear into his Studio and I never see them again! Our brand new camera being one. He loves to take pictures..and is really good at it. But he forgets to include anything other then mountains and our dog! Which has worked out in the past when I might not be looking my best, but I love to scrapbook and there is only so many mountain scenes to scrap about. Ramble ramble....
Anyway he came home on Monday night talking about how he thinks we should pick one up on the way to the airport and that we can afford it...but I was on the fence. We are going into winter..our slow season..maybe we should save the money...(I do this with everything) But we made a deal. If this customer came back an bought this piece of equipment from us then we'd get it! Guess what...he came back! So yay! I, I mean, We get an iPad.
I really do think we are in for a good trip!
So..I hope to see you guys in a 5 days. Might try and catch up with a blog or two in the evenings with my new iPad. But I am making no promises! When I get back I have loads of Dr.s appointments and hopefully I will have lost a few more lbs!
Miss me~ A

4 comments:
Hey Amanda!
I already miss you!! And I am absolutely GREEN with envy over your new Ipad! Ohhh, I really would like to have one! Good for you Chickadee!!
Have a wonderful, wonderful time in NYC!! And don't forget to have that martini on me!! What show(s) are you seeing?? You are going to absolutely LOVE NY!! No doubt about it!
Have a great time and know that I am anxious to hear all about your terrific trip - and also anxious see LOTS of photos too!!
I love NYC. Have a great time.
Have a wonderful and fun trip!
WELCOME BACK CHICKA!! I missed you!! I hope it was terrific, and I can't wait to read all about your trip on your blog!!
Post a Comment