Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's starting to come together...pretty quickly! Update on babe as well!

First things first! My dear friend Kathryn's baby boy (for those of you asking) is doing pretty well. They have to keep him in the hospital at least until Tuesday! If you remember he was born on Tuesday with breathing issues. His breaths were between 160-150 per minute. Normal is between 30-50 I'm told! As of last night his were down to 70 when I left the hospital! So getting closer all the time! At that point she was still not able to hold him! But about 10:30 last night I got a text message and pic of her holding him. I have never seen so much joy in her face! It made me cry! So I suppose it he is still coming down in breaths then she might get to breast feed today or tomorrow! Yay. I can leave to go on toddler trek with out to much worry!

All of the sudden I feel overwhelmed with appointments and events!

As you recall I am going on Sunday with my friend and God Daughter on what I am calling Toddler Trek. I will be watching her for 8 hours every day while my friend is taking some classes/conference stuff for work. I will be getting back a week from today! After that Chris and I are going to NYC and will be home on Monday the 27th!  So excited! But here is where the fun begins!

Keep in mind I live at least an hour from my Dr.s!

  • Sept 30th I have two appointments with the Doctor (2nd of 3 that I have to have) and first appointment with the dietitian (3 hours)
  • October 4th I have an Appointment with the Sleep Study Dr (hopefully they will do the study actually in my home town) 1.5 hours
  • October 6th..Dentist. (might have to cancel just for a break from the clinical world)
  • October 8th my Grandparents arrive from Washington DC. They have requested to have dinner at my house
  • October 11th an appointment with the Psychologist for a weight loss assessment!m (3hours)
So I guess the next step is to actually HAVE the sleep study, 1 more appointment with the Doctor before they can fit me in to see the surgeon, 2 more dietitian meetings, and a group meeting. THEN lab work I think some where in there! So maybe early in the year I will be banded!! One (me) hopes!!

Hiking to the Waslick Poplar. I might look a little drugged! But I'm not! Glad you can't see my hair cause I shoulda wore a hat!


Chris and I did get to go hiking some last week! Nothing long. About 2 miles all together. But it was such a beautiful day! Thought I might post a picture of us from that day! Happy Saturday Ya'll. Not sure what the computer situation might the while I am away! I might take a laptop or I might just leave it here! We shall see. Either way. Miss me!

7 comments:

nikki said...

Your world sounds busy like mine; whew! I hope all your appointments go smoothly; they really are a breeze. Have safe travels and a good visit from the grandparents :)

Alison said...

Love the picture. Hope that your toddler trail goes well, I'm sure that she's a sweetie and will be a delight.
So happy that your friends son is doing well, I had a tear in my eye when I read that she finally held him!

Michelle said...

So glad to hear your friends little one is getting better!

How exciting your getting closer to being a new you. I'm so excited for you!!

Island Bandit said...

getting closer. i've been on this journey officially since mid June and am now finally a week and a half out from surgery. it's a heck of a ride, but seems so worth it!

Debi said...

Hi Amanda! I found your blog through Amanda:Amanda's Waning. So looking forward to watching your Band Journey.

My Surgeon gave me a Pre-Op Diet to follow, for 3 weeks prior to Surgery, to lose the excess weight. Is this something your Surgeon will do as well, or is the weight loss prior to Surgery totally up to you?

Your photos are fantastic and you will do fantastic!!

Debi: http://hawaiiboundbandster.blogspot.com/

Debi said...

Hi Amanda! Thanks for getting back!

So is your Surgeon wanting you to lose the 10% before they put you on the Pre-Op Diet?

I was only required to lose 11 lbs, and I lost 17.6 on the Pre-Op Diet!! And the Diet wasn't liquid until the last week. In fact, I think I lost most of my weight in the first two weeks, while I was still eating food!!

Well, here's hoping you don't have to Diet Forever just to lose the 10%!

And yes, Diana Gabaldon is the best!!

Alison said...

Hello lovely, glad that you are back, hope that you had a lovely time.
Birthday party went well, would have been much better if you had organised it for me though!
Look forward to reading all about your week x