Saturday, October 9, 2010

Calm down people, everyone just calm down!!!

Now that you're calm, HOLY COW!!

I'll explain!

The last few days I haven't weighed myself simply because I've been bloated and feeling yucky..blah blah.
This morning...my husband gave me the morning off work to get ready for company...and I decide to weight myself...BAM...239.1!! 4.1 lbs to my goal before I can have the surgery.

Holy Cow. Okay I am calm. I am going to check it tomorrow because my scale flutters sometimes! But still. What a great way to start this day!

Now today my grandparents and parents are coming over for dinner. My grandparents live in Washington DC and this will probably be their last visit here. It is just becoming very hard for them to travel. So my mom brought them down and tonight is my night for entertaining.

Some of you might remember from previous entries that I have a lot of antiques.  Most of my beautiful antiques have come from my grandmother, so she is joking that she is coming to visit her furniture! Our electrician came over and put up my small BUT beautiful chandelier in the dining room that came from my mother get this, last year for Christmas and we have new dining room chairs. My house looks really nice if I say so myself. (other then the clutter that will be cleaned today hence the day off)

I have made a pot of coffee...I've got Pandora Radio on my iPad, candles blazing, and it is crisp and chilly outside. So beyond being a little stressed I am very happy this morning. Life is going well, complicated but nothing I can't handle.

I am making braised short ribs with peach and pepper chutney that I actually canned myself. Shaved brussel sprouts with Parmesan cheese, and brown rice. So everyone will be fed well. Come over if you want. I'll have plenty! Come join my joy!


PS I need help...I have a new follower...Robin..At Band on the Run. I can't find her blog! Can anyone help? Ohh and Lisa my sleep study went well. Very very bizarre and I had some really funky hair in the morning, but I did sleep. More on that later!

Toodles everyone.  ~ A

5 comments:

Annie said...

Yay- what an awesome loss- congratulations.

Sounds like you have a wonderful day in store- I would come over, but I live in NY, am on liquids, and would have to bring my 2 year old- hey, I remember your babysitting experience...what time should we be there?

:)
A

Alison said...

Hope that you have a wonderful day, wish I could come!

~Lisa~ said...

oya glorious day that sounds like! Enjoy every blessed second of your family while they're with you!! One of these days I may just show up, too!!

Congrats on the weight loss!! I am sooooo proud of YOU!!! 4lbs?? You're gonna get there - no problem!

I'm glad your sleep study went well - yes, they are bizarre! I can't wait to hear your story!!

Enjoy Grams and Gramps - and give 'em a (((HUG)))) from me!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! You are doing it!! You're going to get here - no problem.

And YUM!!! Your meal sounds amazing - food and ambiance! HOpe it was as good as it all sounds!!

Michelle said...

Congratulation on your loss! Thats great!
Set another plate out cause I'm comming over! Everything sound so good! :)