Sunday, October 10, 2010

Do you ever wake up so totally annoyed??

I did. And I started to tell you all about it. I typed several paragraphs. Made some coffee, collected my thoughts, continued my rage typing and then went and weighed myself. 


I have decided not to be annoyed any longer. AND not to express my anger through my blog.


But instead I will announce my scale says I was even lower in weight today then I was yesterday. 239.1 yesterday. Today 238.3. 


So unless the world and my scale are playing  horrible tricks on me then things are going very very well.




Today, glorious Sunday, I have the day to myself. Chris and the dog are out hiking with a friend. I have some minor cleaning from dinner last night but other then that I can be in my PJ's all day if I want. 
I've got my coffee...the iPad is set on Pandora Radio. The doors are open and it is foggy and chilly outside and I am clearing the annoyance away!


Last night was fabulous. Dinner was so yummy. I made a simple but successful dessert of chocolate mousse. We great conversation and just simply enjoyed the company of my parents and grandparents. My grandmother was so happy to see all her furniture and everything displayed. Past entries showed the corner cabinet and the secretary. I have found out the secretary was my great great grandmothers. That is amazing and I am glad to know it.


My grandmother kept mentioning all through the evening that this would the last time they would be able to visit. I kept dismissing it. So as they were leaving she kisses me and says it again!!! I tell her to stop saying it that we all know it but it isn't something that is nice to hear. She just laughed. As the door closed I turned to Chris and just cried into his shoulder. It made me so sad to hear and to KNOW that it really was the last (and the first) time she'd visit my beautiful house. It's making me sad to even type it now. She says as she touches my face "You were the first grandchild". 


Okay so the annoyance from this morning is gone. Now I am just sad again! DAMNIT.  Candles. Light candles the lovely smell and warmth will brighten your sadness! 


Anyway dinner was really great. 


Tomorrow is my Psych evaluation. It is going to be a long day. My Dr. said she'd do everything in one day so be prepared for a long day of written tests and verbal interviews. I understand why I have to do it and I am thankful for everything that I go through to get this surgery done. But I can be bitter! 


The sleep study was fine really. Just very strange to be hooked up to wires and set up with a microphone on my chest and a camera watching you the whole night! How can you expect anyone to get a restful nights sleep?? I woke up. He unhooked me from all the wires and I got to look at myself for the first time and my hair was literally in four quadrants and sticking up with the gunk they place the wires to your scalp with. I had red dots on my face and jaw line to measure something...
Thank goodness I brought a washcloth.  So a week from tomorrow I hear the results. 


So, my annoyance was not from my husband or anything. I just think my tolerance for flaky people has just ran out. I mean we all have a bit of flake. But people who think they are so smart and kind and humanitarians, but happen to make comments that insult most people. Let me tell you something girl. You will never make it in this small town with your business if you intend on insulting most of the buying population. These types think that their way of thinking is so superior then mine or yours and yet they are the jaded ones. Grrr. Double Grrr.  I find myself commenting and replying to this girl and I wasn't rude. But now I wish I could just delete my comments and forget that I even know her. I am getting too old to have useless people in my circle anymore! Be gone!


Happy Day girls..and boys if there are any of you out there. ~ A

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Another lb down thats great! Your getting close so exciting. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful time with your parents and grandparents. Sad though that your grandparents won't be able to come visit anymore, you guys should make a trip up there.

Never had to do the sleep study thing but I remember when I thought I would have to and kept freaking out. Anyways glad to hear it went well for you.

Alison said...

I'm sorry that someone has upset you, I'd cull the friend, she doesn't sound worth it and it would make you feel so much better.
Loosing a pound after the fantastic food you made yesterday is amazing! I think that it was probably due to the sprouts!
My Grandma is 94 and we've had those kind of conversations too, its so sad and very hard. She lives near my Aunt a long way from here and I'm going to see her in a couple of weeks, I'm looking forward to seeing her but she's now in a home and I'm dreading going there.
Hope that tomorrow goes well x

~Lisa~ said...

(((Hugs))) to you, my friend.. I hope you get your smile back soon.. It sounds like a beautiful dinner you had with your family - memories added to the beautiful memories that you already have in your home. Cherish them, hold them close and your loved ones will always be with you.

Congrats on the pound!! And I can't wait to hear all about your psyche eval - that one puzzles me (I may just puzzle THEM, too!)

Have a great week!!

MandaPanda said...

Take your lb and run with it! To heck with flaky, annoying, seemingly superior people on this earth. Karma...that's all I have to say about that. As far as your grandmother goes...so sorry you're feeling blue. It's definitely tough as they get older. And is it just me or do they hit an age where they just constantly remind you of how old they are. Both sets of grandparents are doing that to me now. It's hard to deal with it. Sending good fall vibes your way...