Thursday, October 14, 2010

Holy sodium overload, blogland!

Today is all about water that's for sure!

Yesterday was such a nice day. A little rainy here but beautiful! Sent the husband on another backpacking trip. 3 days~2 nights!  He tries to do as many as possible in the fall because it is so beautiful here for one but really it's the best time to go temp wise. I honestly don't mind working alone or with our one employee while he is gone because it makes him so happy! Plus it is such good exercise for him! So it's just me and the cat.

Last night my best and oldest friend Kathryn came over. You readers might remember her as the girl who had the baby 5 weeks ago. Well her husband decided she needed a Mommy's night out and he dropped her off at my house. Yay for me and for her! Our usual is a filthy martini right after yoga! Since she has been pregnant we both have skipped the martinis and opted for pizza! Both so good for you! Ha haa. But last night I prepared a little spread of fresh bread from a local bakery, marinated olives, garlic, mushrooms, and red pepper,  hummus and veggies, some roasted salmon, and my fav baked feta.  Oh my goodness was it good but oh my goodness the sodium content was insane. My little fingers are feeling it today and I was to scared to jump on the scale! Best thing is neither of us over indulged. But we had so much fun talking and listening to music.

She is one of the girls going to the Mommy and Me Yoga and dinner/baby parade tonight which I am skipping. I talked myself into considering it but I also figured out that it would be a perfect night for some alone time. Do some laundry..watch some t.v...cook a nice dinner. No sodium. Ha. I also have to fast tonight for a blood test tomorrow. So I think I will just enjoy some ME time tonight.

This weekend my Uncles are coming into town for the Maryland/ Clemson game on Saturday. So Saturday night I think I will host another little dinner party to celebrate them visiting and to celebrate my husbands birthday! BBQ and apple cake is what Chris has requested. Two things I THINK I can do. I've got the BBQ down but baking is just not my thing. But I will attempt! Sunday morning we will be going to brunch with some friends visiting from Charlotte and Kathryn and her new little family. Then in the afternoon I promised Chris he could take me on a hike!

Monday I have three appointments. 1 with the WLS clinic Doctor (3 of 4 required) and then a nutrition class that I will try not to sleep through, then in the afternoon the results from the sleep study! I then must rush home for a meeting with my accountant for the shop! But she and I have fun and we will get a pizza and relax a bit.

So is my life starting to slow down? Nope. Even a hell nope. But I am okay. Just getting closer and closer to the surgery one hopes!

Off to drink so more water! Happy Thursday all!

5 comments:

LDswims said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening!

And I don't blame the hubby for wanting to be out in the great outdoors! Between the happy man coming home and your peaceful evenings, all sounds wonderful!

Enjoy your water!!

~Lisa~ said...

It sounds like you and Kathryn had a terrific time together - that menu sounds AWESOME, and you know I love a good old filty martini!

I'm glad you decided to have a "me" evening - you deserve it, my friend! You've been so busy lately - and it's not stopping anytime soon. It's just what the Dr ordered.. Maybe it's time for another ipad bubble bath, too!

Enjoy your "me" time and your weekend with your Uncles! And, apple cake is a breeze! Apples are plentyful so it should be wonderful!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!!!

Amanda Kiska said...

I just noticed your cat's name is Sarah. That is my older sister's name ~ lol!

It sounds like you had a great day yesterday, although you may be a little pickled as a result.

Enjoy your time to yourself!

MandaPanda said...

Sometimes "me" nights are the best! I can watch movies I know my hubby would hate and enjoy a nice glass of wine while I watch. Usually in bed early for some extra R&R. *sigh* I think I need a "me" night.

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a good time yesterday.
I love me time!