Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oh Lisa, I blame the martini's and BYOC (no blame there just answering it)

Last Sunday I think I posted that I was below 240. I was thrilled...But that was the last day that I was below 240! Since then the scale has literally been all over the place. But never again below 240. I have an appointment on Monday with the Dr. which also means a weigh in. I wanted to be down something..it doesn't have to be 239 but at least a few lbs from the last weigh in.

So I wake up yesterday thinking that I worked out, fasted from 8pm on Thursday to what ended up being 12noon on Friday, been drinking water like crazy...and guess what.

244. Are you *explicit words* me! Why and How? And again why are my enemies messing with me!? I am being good!

Well I blame the martinis I had on Wednesday, and because Lisa likes martini's too..I blame her! I kid! But honestly I think it is the sodium. While my grandparents were here we ate low sodium the whole time. Nothing any of us cooked had any extra salt added. Then when they left I had olives, and hummus, filthy martinis, etc etc! So this morning I weighed..and I am down to 241. something (I forget the .number). So if I can hold tight until Monday at 9:15 then I'll be happy.

Yesterday I had to have some blood work done. I fasted. Drank a ton of water because I have very tiny veins and no matter who it is they always have to stab me several times to find my tiny veins. It's totally genetics. I went to the first office, promptly got stabbed 3 times and then they sent me to the lab in town to see if they could make me bleed. So I waited there for a while before being stabbed again but this lady got me in the first try. I congratulated her and told her she deserved a treat. She said that she had a lady right before me that has the same type of veins and it took her forever. She felt awful for the lady but was happy mine went right in! Know who that lady was before me with the tiny impossible veins! My MOM! We had no idea we both were there! Not sure how funny it is in the blog world. But I got a kick out of it!

So by that time it was 11:30. I was over being starving from missing breakfast and I waited till lunch to eat! Not the smart way to do it but still! I didn't over eat either! Just about a cup and a half of homemade Thai soup! Yum.

Tonight is dinner for the uncles and cousins...And parents, sister, bro-in-law and my husband. Kinda a birthday dinner! Pork loin is in the crock pot and the apple cake will be made this afternoon.

On to this week’s BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy – where we answer 5 little questions to get to know each other better. Copy to your blog and enjoy!

1. Tell me about someone you envy.
I have a really good life. I made a lot more money when I lived in the city. My husband and I both did. But in this small town we have friends, family, a beautiful house. I can pay my bills and do not live without things we need and sometimes things we want. I know there are many out there that do. The people I envy are the ones who can afford to have a house cleaner. *sob* I want one so bad. We work 60 hour weeks and although we work for ourselves and I am pretty free to work out and grocery shop during business hours I still find it hard to get those damn deep cleaning sessions in. My sister gave me as a gift I "spring" cleaning with our family friends who have a cleaning business and man-o-man was it simply heaven. BTW if you are ever needing to give a gift..that is one that is really good!

 

2. What makes you angry?

How long do you have to listen! My rant currently is the people in our town who complain about having nothing to do. They are the mothers who are about my age..they are not originally from this area. I can agree that moving to a small town limits you. But you make your own happiness people!!! No one is going to hold your hand. There are plenty of things to do here you just have to find it. But every suggestion I give them is shot down for what ever reason. And when there is something that might suit them.. then they find fault because they don't serve organic vegan cookies for her kids! FOR FREE! If you think I exaggerate on the vegan cookie part I assure you I do not! My two best friends are vegetarians and do not require people provide them options when the food is FREE. Of course its nice when there are options but come on, vegan?? Who in small town southern NC is going to have a vegan cookie at an event? This is not a slam for people who eat this way, I have plenty of friends who do but bet we are just jumping on the organic and recycling band wagon around here! Take your kids on a nature walk! That's free..you can look for wild vegetation..that's free and you can eat it too.  But stop publicly bashing my town. Please.
P.S. The one family I am mostly referring to was invited to my house for a party last spring. I was providing a common place for new people in the community who were around our age to meet some of my friends. Huge party..They brought there 4 kids..no problem there were already about 12 running around. They proceeded to provide blow pops and sunkist and chocolate to all the kids. No problem, it is a party. But were any of those items vegan?? I think not!
Wow, sorry guys!
3. In an effort to help so many that seem to be blue and sad….what do you do when you feel very sad or depressed?
I typically like to have a day to myself. Jammies. TV or girlie movies. I kinda stop my normal week and detach from the things I normally do. Like yoga and girls night! I hardly stay sad for long. I am lucky this way. But I do detach. I might not be in contact with people I talk to daily for a few days! 
4. If you were stranded on a lonely beach, what five things would you want with you to survive (not people)?

  1. my iPad.  And this island better have a power source and WiFi
  2. sunscreen! I am one pasty girl
  3. fishing pole
  4. skillet to cook on. I'll render my own coconut oil to cook in. I'll figure it out don't worry!
  5. endless supply of matches 



5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and blogland.

Well I haven't been as attentive as I've been in the past! I am noticing people are a little more in a "funk" then normal. I am sure there are many reasons as life does not stop even if you are 50lbs lighter. But I wonder if maybe the change of seasons has anything to do with it.

Sometimes I question why I am writing a blog, and who is actually reading it and why they care? Then sometimes I am just really happy for having this outlet and thankful for the girls who do comment. I call you friends even though I've never met you.

I wish I was a funny writer. There are a few blogs that have such talented witty  writers. I wish I was a bit more comical! But for the most part I am getting used to this thing!

On that note: I copy and pasted these questions and I can't for the life of me undo the italics, colors and bullet points, etc. So if something is a bit out of place and not flow-y through the whole question and answer part please forgive! :) I miss my Mac when I  am at work. I understand that computer!


5 comments:

Alison said...

Keep writing, I am reading!

We all have similar battles with the scale, I hate unexplained gains, I hate all gains but the unexpected and undeserved ones are a killer.

Linda said...

We're reading!! I've been a bad commenter lately, I always read. I've had a crazy scale week to, but it's from too much birthday cake.

~Lisa~ said...

Ohhhh Amanda - I am soooooo sorry!!! Mea Culpa!! I tell you what, my friend.. I've not started my monthly weigh in's yet - just take those extra pounds that I coerced you into gaining and send them over to my blog - hey! What are friends FOR!!

I loved your BYOC - one of these days I just may do one too.. I live in nowhereland in Pennsylvania - no vegans here though... I think they'd be run out of town by a brigade of locals in pick-up trucks! They're already suspicious of us "mup-eers" (those of us who moved "up here" from the city) We're here almost 20 years and we're STILL considered mup-eers!

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!!

~Lisa~ said...

(((HUGS))) to you on your busy and bad day.. I hope all is going better now that it is over!

MandaPanda said...

I'm out here reading. I love the witticisms some ladies are so good at putting out there but I love you anecdotes and call me a dork, but I even like the "my mom went to get blood drawn before me" stories. Personally, all I'm looking for in blogland are heartfelt posts and if that happen to be funny, great. Please keep writing...it gives me something to do at work. lol.