Thursday, October 7, 2010

New York...and beyond!

Good morning blogger babes!

A long over due post is needed for sure. Think I will start out with New York.

Chris and I had an amazing time. We walked, we ate, we saw everything we wanted to! Fabulous.



From the Statue of Liberty Island. Manhattan! Day One.



The first night we were there..we got to our hotel at like 10 pm. Hungry and wet from the rain! We unloaded our bags and the hotel gave us umbrellas and off we went to find the Apple store on 5th Av. It was open 24 hours and we needed to get our new iPad configured! We also went out for sushi.

The next day was The Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and ground zero. We walked and walked and walked!
We took the subway everywhere and got around really well! I was shocked how easy it was to get around and how much closer everything really was!

We went to see three shows and of course our favorite band Porcupine Tree. First night we saw 'Wicked'. We loved it. I knew I would but Chris did as well! Really funny!
We saw 'American Idiot' which is based on a Green Day album. I was worried it would be too modern for my taste. But again I ended up liking it! Third we saw 'The Addams Family' with Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth (Frasier's wife from Cheers). Laugh out loud funny! Awful seats. But pretty good show!
Of all the shows we saw Porcupine Tree was by far the worst. Shame really but it wasn't the band or the music. It was the venue. To big to really enjoy it plus the idiots around us had no consideration for others whatsoever! But the experience was still good! Ohh and the bathrooms. I loved the bathrooms at Radio City Music Hall. I felt like I should be in a gown in back in the 1940's!



For my friend Lisa at The Rest Of My Life to prove I was thinking about her and Martinis! I make better ones I have to say!


Apple Store on 5th Ave.

*singing* On Broadway! Time Square!


My Grandmother grew up in Gramercy Park area. It is a private park that is not open to anyone unless you have a key. The Keys cost $2000 nowadays! My grandmother wore hers around her neck as a young girl! She often talked about this in her last year when she remembered none of us and almost only her youth! It was emotional for me to be here!

I love open air markets!

Chris' fav pizza at our fav pizza place in Time Square after 'Wicked'


My husband turned into a 5 year old at the Lego Store! It was really a neat place!

Guess!!

Before Porcupine Tree

On the top floor at the Rockefeller Building! Very Windy

At the street festival in little Italy!

Street Fest in little Italy


The Addams Family!

Our hotel had simply the best customer service. Was across from the subway terminal and right in Time Square!


Asian Market! A foodies Dream!

We really enjoyed walking around at night and seeing the parks and people!

I know some babies that got one of these!!


We Went to China Town and ate at a really good Vietnamese place! Chris who is 6 ft 6 towered over everyone and no one spoke any english.


I have to be honest. We took 100's of pictures. These were a random mix that I downloaded. My intention was to do a slide show of them all but the computer is not working with me today! So please forgive me if this jumps around and isn't a flowing easy to read Blog! In fact my whole life feels this way right now! I'm Happy just insanely busy!


Tonight is my sleep study! I hate that I don't get to sleep at home but what ev. I have to do it! Monday is my psych evaluation. And then a week from Monday is the third of FOUR I have to have with my Dr. before they will set a date. I still need to lose 9 lbs. I am currently holding strong at 244. However mother nature is here for her monthly visit so I may have lost a few lbs more. We'll see.

YESTERDAY: I got new dining room chairs, a new bed frame, I got my light fixture up in my dining room and new bedside tables! Seems like a lot I know but these are long time coming items! Why not get them in place right before my grandparents come for dinner! The light fixture is an antique chandelier that my mom gave me for Christmas last year. Very small and beautiful! I'll post pics soon!

Guys. I need a break. I am not unhappy. But I feel so busy at the moment. Work is a stress because it is OUR business and what we do directly results in how we survive in this economy. Life gets tough in the winter here. I am the secretary now (ours retired after 20 years) and the stress of just doing the monthly taxes is insane. I will get used to it. But I am scared to death of making mistakes.

I am not at all nervous about surgery I just hope I lose the weight before hand so I continue on the fast track. Our insurance starts over Nov. 1st so we are going to lower the deductible for this year. So that will be helpful.

I think I will stop now. Mainly because we are getting busy and I am losing my thought every time I stop to actually WORK! Ha! So friends. Forgive me.

Talk soon. I promise..and with my act together!

~A

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

We've seen Wicked and Adamms Family in NY too and loved them. We also saw Rock of Ages which was great if you like hairbands. Love your pics. Good luck on sleep study.

~Lisa~ said...

Ohhhh Heavens Girlfriend! Where do I begin?? I read latest post while getting my pedi today - and I was so bummed I couldn't comment... I loved reading every word of thousand word thursday - and that cabin is absolutely incredible! I would love to see it!! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful part of your life and place with us!!

And thank you for "my" Martini!!!

Your pictures are soooo terrific - I am so thrilled you had a good time!! You and Chris are just the cutest couple EVER! Thank you for posting your pictures - wish I were there with you!!

And one more thing - You're probably not sleeping real cozy like right now, but you're going to do fine.. It isn't that bad.. I'm rooting for ya!!

Michelle said...

Great pictures! You two are so cute. Thank you for sharing these.