I mean now! Quick. I have been approved! Just waiting for the surgery coordinator to call me to set up my surgery and the barium swallow! More on this when I hear from the lady!
Oh and I am going to have a hamburger and french fries for lunch. Not the best option but I want it. So yah!
I am thrilled..not nervous...
One question: What kind of pain meds did you take right after surgery!?

18 comments:
OMG!!! So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Definitely to the burger and fries! Enjoy them, but don't feel like you have to eat all of the things your may miss out on- honestly, I can eat almost anything in moderation when I chew, chew, chew, and NEVER drink and eat together!
I am so excited for you (did I say that already??) Anyway, keep us posted!
(And thanks for the kitchen comment :)
Oh... and the pain medicaiton was loritab (liquid)- very effective!
yipppeeeeee!
be careful of going overboard with the last supper syndrome between now and surgery. there's nothing you can want now that you haven't already had and know what it tastes like :)
as for pain meds - i didn't have any and really didn't need any for the incisions at all. a few days post surgery i had some dull back pain which we attributed to gas so my surgeon put me on children's calpol and a gas med (can't remember but should be somewhere in my blog) and all was well with the world
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!! I took liquid vicodin....which deserves a woo hoo as well. :)So excited for you!
Yahoo!!! So excited for you!!! I had vicodin (pill form) and ibuprofen (also pill form). I had no issues swallowing the pills.
YES!!!!
YAY!! So pleased for you!!
I just took paracetamol after the op, I managed on that ok but moaned an AWFUL lot!
Enjoy that burger xx
WOWOWOWOWZAAA!!! Ohhhhh MERCY!! This is soooo exciting I'm just soooo happy for YOU!!! Whew! I can finally uncross my eyes now!!
Just jumping up and down here for you and sending a (((((HUGGG)))))!! High fives all around!!
Yes, Sister! We will have that drink before you go on liquids - although.... a martini officially IS a clear liquid (minus the olives!) just kidding.... :)
Congratulations! You just really really made my day today - I'm smiling right along with YOU!!
YAY!!!! Awesome. I remember I celebrated my approval with tons of food! Haha!
They gave me liquid vicadin for pain. I only used it like 2 times because it's too strong for me and would make me nauseous.
So excited!!!!
I took roxicet and gas-X and walked around a lot.
weeeeee!!!
Congratulations! Tina and Island bandit have a point about going overboard before surgery. You will be able to eat again, just not in large amounts. Good luck!
Yea!!! Enjoy the burger, but remember you will eat everything again.
I had oxycodone after surgery in pill form.
YOU GUYS ROCK!
Honestly I feel so good..No over eating either. Instead I am drinking some wine. Just to hold me over for the next month or so!
Yeah! This is the most exciting day for you!
Yay, so exciting! I can't help with the pain medication, as I have no idea what I took, but I didn't have a problem swallowing the pills. I also had a pain medication pump hooked into me for 2 days (yay Korea!). And please, make sure it's a wonderful hamburger and french fries--not some crappy McDonald's burger ;)
Hey Girlfriend! Just a quick note.. Hubs and I had a martini tonight in YOUR honor!! We toasted your good news - and we're BOTH so happy for YOU!!
Cheers!!
Congrats!!! Before you know it you will be through to the other side.
Pain med wise I was on tramadol and panadol (liquid capsules) and eventually also got some codeine because panadol made me nauseous (doesnt anymore just during those few weeks)
YAY! Congrats - Post surgery I only had panadol - broken in half.
;)
Post a Comment