Friday, January 14, 2011

At long last!

I am sorry and thankful  today!

Sorry that I am so far behind on my all blog reading! I will catch up I promise! Sorry I haven't been commenting lately! Things have been insane!

I am thankful that my husband is home! Thankful for my life (explanation on this later). Thankful that I don't have to cook tonight because with the amount of paperwork I have just had to catch up on I'll need a break tonight!

First things first! Thanks guys for all your comments on the "pain" I am having. I really think you all are right and it is a little port pain! I'll ask the doc on Tuesday!

We received quite a bit of snow here on Sunday and Chris' flight was canceled until Wednesday. No big deal except for Atlanta received snow and ice too! They are not prepared for it...even less then my small town! That whole place was turned upside down!

It normally takes me 2 hours to get to the airport maybe more because of traffic. It took me 5 hours. The interstates were still covered with ice. People were driving like maniacs. I was white knuckled the whole time and I literally had hives on my chest from the stress(sexy huh)! I got to the airport and was so happy to see Chris. We both decided it was safer to just stay in Atlanta for the night! Get a room, put our feet up, relax! That's what we thought!

We took an exit near the airport which had all known hotels. We see that the other side of the road has traffic lined up forever so Holiday Inn Express is in the next center. We miss it. Now normally I would have pressed on the brakes and whipped in anyway. Not when there is ice every where. We can't U turn because of the traffic so we keep on going. Mistake.

We drive and drive and drive. Traffic on the other side goes for 10 miles. No lie. Then BAM we hit traffic too. Right in a very seedy area. I see a hotel approaching. Oh look its right next to Vinnys House ..All Nude All the time..right next to it a sign says "Stay here, $21.99" erm no. Keep on driving. 1 inch of ice. In traffic going 5 mph. We have no idea where we are. But wait! We are close to an Interstate that I know takes us right into downtown Atlanta...Here's the problem,  the interstate is closed. Cops shuttling people off and blocking the exit on. So this is why there is major traffic.

We keep driving...So from 6-9 we are lost in a not so friendly part of a city that we really don't know..on ice that is worse then I have ever seen..with people that are driving like it's sun shinning!

That was just day one.

The next morning we take off about 10. (we had a lovely night in a really nice hotel) We start out on the interstate going 45mph. 2 out of 6 lanes closed. People flying along and then all the sudden the lane will be covered in ice and some one will slam on their breaks...a truck flies through 4 lanes spinning around and around facing oncoming traffic, slamming into the wall! We are the first on the scene to a couple of 70 year olds, banged up and scared. I call 911 with no help whatsoever about where we are! No exit numbers to be seen anywhere. All I can think is someone else is going to hit us while we are helping these people.

911 had a hard time finding us because there were two accidents one exit up and 1 just down from us. Insane. Why on earth were people driving so fast!

End of story, we are safe, we are home and I am happy to have him back! I got loads of treats including crumpets. Not the best thing but they do have 6 g of protein and I love them toasted in the morning!
Back to work just in time to finish up End of Year paper work and w-2s.

Needless to say we are staying in this weekend. I am going to cook something yummy and veg out with my husband!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you are safe and that your hubby is at home!!!! Crumpets? Sounds great.
http://rachelthinwitin.blogspot.com/

Justawallflower said...

I am so glad you guys made it back home safely! I guess I should start watching the news, it's all sunshine and 60's here, so I forget about how cold and snowy it is elsewhere until I read others' blogs! stay warm!

~Lisa~ said...

Ohhhhhh I am soooooo happy that Chris is finally home and that you're BOTH back in your lovely home safe, sound and warm... What an awful, harrowing experience! Now, get off the 'puter and go enjoy the Hubs!!!

((((huggggssssss)))) to BOTH of you!

Rhonda said...

Like everyone else said - glad you got home safely! I would have panicked if I saw a big truck spinning! I hate being out when I'm not really sure WHERE I am. That must have been very frustrating! Glad you found somewhere nice to spend the night, though! :)