Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Questions about some pains..

Well people we have about 10 inches of snow. Twice in a winter is big news for us here. Chris' flight arrives on Wednesday now...hopefully. Atlanta was hit too...and from what I hear today it is icy there.
But today I actually have a band related questions.

I am exactly 4 weeks out of surgery! I feel pretty good..eating pretty well. Lost about 30 lbs including preop. I am starting to walk more and I do notice that since solid food weight loss has slowed..or even halted. However I get a fill (hopefully) next week and I am not worried about a slow down as it was to be expected.

However I am having some pain on my right side...I'd say parallel to my belly button and lower then where my port and incision is. I feel it when I bend over or when I am lying down. It isn't a constant but I feel it more today then I have in the past. I have increased my activity level quite a bit. I've been walking all along but I started to do Just Dance over the weekend and yesterday I even shoveled snow. I am hoping that is the actually problem and that I am just a little sore from over doing more activities. What do you guys think? Did you feel totally normal at this point? Couldn't find anything on Lap Band Talk..

I so far behind on posts. Yesterday my connection was spoty due to the weather so I didn't read many updates! The party on Saturday was fun. I am hoping that perhaps that is another reason I am having some pain...

I am probably over reacting!

7 comments:

Heather said...

I would say that is actually where your port is. It is settling and healing and you upped exercise and spooked it a little. I wouldn't worry about it. The area will need to get used to the activity. Mine hurt for a bit. I eased up a bit for a while then started again and it hasn't given me any problems since!

Alison said...

I think that its your port too, I remember having the same pain when I did anything physical for about 6 to 8 weeks, I think that its where the port is sown on to muscle but I don't know that for sure.
Your weight loss is fantastic, well done!

MandaPanda said...

I had port pain for awhile after surgery. I felt it when I was on the treadmill or bent over. I think that's pretty normal. Your progress is amazing!

Annie said...

It does sound like port pain to me too- don't overdo the exercise to much for a few more weeks. I know that eating solids does put a damper on the weight loss thing, but it gets better after a fill.

Hope your hubby comes home soon!

xox

~Lisa~ said...

I hope Chris gets in on Wednesday - we're ALL getting hit with this massive storm!

And, I'm sorry I can't answer your band/port question... If you would have inquired about pains in the butt - THEN I could give you a good answer!

Stay warm, Friend!! Have a great day!

Bonnie said...

I feel it is totally normal - especially given your activity level.

The Ninja said...

Glad you had a good time at the party!