Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A fill baby...Yeah! (Austin Powers esque)

So yesterday I went to see my surgeon for my post op appointment! I saw my PA and I think her name is Jen. She reminded me that she assisted with my surgery and at that second I do remember meeting her a minute before I was out like a light!

I love her. She was friendly, chatty, and answered all my questions before I even got my list out! She asked me about food habits and how long I was feeling full. Then she thought it was a good time for a fill! The nurse who took my weight and BP didn't think they would give me one since it was the first appointment after surg! But I am glad she was wrong! It is a long day driving as far as we do to get seen. Don't get me wrong, we get a little shopping in, get to go to a yummy place to eat..but don't just look at my incision and send me on my merry little way! Fill me baby!

But Jen filled me. Didn't hurt AT ALL! I wasn't nervous in the least. I don't know why but I haven't be nervous about anything medical throughout this whole things. It felt weird. Like someone was poking at a rubber band..and then I was done. Gulped my water and away I went. I am back in two weeks for another fill if I think I need one!

I really like both my Surgeon and my PA. They both seem to be aggressive in getting this "thing" to maximum working condition. No waiting around..unless I feel like halting. We even talked about pregnancy. I mentioned that I started birth control pills on Monday...so we had a discussion.

I told her my plan was to wait at least a year to try. She agreed that was smart but not to worry if I decided other wise. "We would make you comfortable and get right back into losing after". So pleased with them!!

About Birth control!

I have never found a birth control pill that worked for me. I didn't give many a fair shot but the couple I tried made me feel like utter (explicit word). They would make me gain weight which I never needed. They would make me a(another explicate word). They would make me sick to my stomach. You name the symptom and I would have it.  However at this point in the band game it is pretty important to me that I get down to A goal before Chris and I attempt this whole pregnancy thing again. Notice I said a goal and not down to my dream goal. I did that because I feel if that I could be happy at a lot of weights that are much much lower then what I am today! So I will not set myself up for possible failure if I don't make dream weight. Hell I didn't even post that number on here! Anyway anyway..so I called my OB/GYN. They prescribed me a little white pill and away I go.

So within 2 days I started birth control, started my period, and got a fill! I am currently 9.5 hours out from my fill and 1.5 lbs down. Insanity only because normally when I am TOMing I gain! Downward trend?? I think so!

You guys. All of you...are just awesome women. My life is full of awesome women. But I don't "know" you ladies. I mean I  know you but I can't touch you or have dinner with you...but every flipping day you guys help me. I put you all in my conversations all the time. "So *n* so was banded a year ago and is down this much", "so *n* so had about the same amount of weight to lose as I do and is past her goal", "so *n* so loves a dirty martini", you get my point. But you all comment on my mini break down questions and you calm me down and for that I owe a great debt. All I can hope is that I can be as helpful as you all have been for me!

Today I am baby sitting for my BFF since I was 13! You remember when her baby was born a few months back. He was in the ICU for a week. Well this kid is growing and huge now! Doing fabulous! Anyway her sitter had surgery and is out for 4 weeks. I volunteered to take Wednesdays! She is so worried that this is a problem for me. Worried that she is taking advantage. Wha-What? You are my best friend! Of course I will help when I can!  KNOW what I get out of the deal, besides hanging out with a cute 4 month old? She is going to vacuum out my dirty dirty car! That to me is worth it. I hate cleaning my car...I love when I car is clean. My husband does a fabulous job but I didn't want to ask him.  (since he is remodling my kitchen and finishing my craft room in his spare time) Sometimes I pay for someone to do it but we are trying to save money in those areas right now and I just can't justify paying someone because I am so lazy! But fear not, ladies. I worked around my laziness one more time and again got someone else to do it for me! I am thrilled!

One last thing! Went to PF Changs after my fill last night! Was told full liquids and some mushies if I felt up to it and chewed! I got the Chinese Chicken Soup. I have at least 2 more servings of the soup left in my fridge! HUGE amount. But it was tasty. Try it sometime!

Time to wake the husband for work and get ready for my day as a child care provider!

~A





12 comments:

Rhonda said...

We're both doing great with our fills! I also am down about 1.5-ish lbs already, and on the way home last night I stopped and got a Frosty so I'd have something to "eat" (got rid of all my liquid soup once I was finally on solids, BIG mistake!). It's amazing how a little tweak can make such a big difference!

Oh, and I know what you mean about everyone being so supportive and actually talking about your blog friends in real life! lol My friends in real life are like, "Who are you talking about?!" It's great. :)

~Lisa~ said...

What a terrific post!! Congratulations on your first fill my Favorite Martini Friend!! And, I thank YOU for all you'be given me in your words, your positive attitude and most importantly, your friendship! I may not be able to touch you and have dinner with you either, but that doesn't mean that friendship can't flourish and grow! Perhaps one day we'll celebrate a filthy martini together! Let's hope!

Enjoy that little one, and don't forget.. Pics of the craft room and new kitchen!

Oh... One more thing.. You have GOT to try "ReMovem" for Ipad... It's the most insanely uncomplicated but addicting game I've tried yet!! The object is to remove clusters of colored balls until the board is cleared.. After you tap them gone, the rest of the balls fall down into place.. there is a free version, and that's what I've got.. Try it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your first fill!

Bonnie said...

Glad your fill went so well. You are definitely lucky to have an office with such great staff who are willing to work with you. I'm pretty lucky too and feel really sorry for those who have to fight for a fill.

Linda said...

How exciting!! I'm glad you got your fill and all went well. I love the chinese chicken soup at PF Chang's - it's my total go to dish there.
BTW the way we all feel that way about each other I think. Like I've totally been talking about a blog buddy and said my friend this or that - about someone I've never met - very weird, but I have made good friends doing this.

Justawallflower said...

I can't believe he is already four months old! seems like just last month!

That is awesome that you are already rocking this fill, and during TOM, that is awesome. You are going to do great! And when ever you guys decide to give the whole pregnancy thing a go you will be much healthier and better because of this journey your taking right now! I feel ya on the pill dilemma, I'm not aloud to take any birth control because of my blood clotting disorder, and of course, I'm advised not to get pregnant either! Talk about a dilemma there!

I also know what you mean about how important the support and experiences are through blogs, I feel the same way!

Amanda Kiska said...

I have an non-hormonal IUD and I swear it is the very best form of birth control in the world! I had tons of issues with irregular periods on all the other types of BC I tried. I never have to think about it or do anything special. It is good for 10 years. I got it right after my youngest daughter was born, but I also had one before we started trying to get pregnant with my first daughter. I highly recommend it!

So glad your fill went well. I'm also really glad that you have such a great and supportive doctor and staff! That will really help you be successful!

I talk about you guys too!

Lee Ann said...

I just love how happy and positive you sound right now so I just wanted to say I'm really happy for you.

Annie said...

Great news about the fill. You seem so happy and it must have been great to see some progress after a few hours! It's all coming up roses for you, and that makes me so happy buddy!!

xoxo

Violinist with a Band said...

I'm so glad that your first adjustment was a good experience!!! Just take it slow and see what you and your band can handle at first. You're doing great - I'm glad you're feeling good too!!

MandaPanda said...

Hmmm...now I'm trying to think of who I can bribe to vacuum out MY car. I hate that chore too. Glad your first fill went so well...wishing you much restriction!

MandaPanda said...

P.S. - You have an award waiting for you at my blog!