Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Every day is better and better!

Good mid morning all you blogger babies!

Everyday I am feeling better and better! I still have a lingering cough but it is improving! I want to thank you all so much for the comments of support and birthday wishes! You all really know how to make a gal feel special.

Yesterday I had a fill which rounds me up to a total of 6ccs. I just got .5ccs! I lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks according to the doctor. She was very happy with that loss but I'd like to get in that green area of losing at least 2 lbs per week! I questioned having a fill because I've been so sick and my appetite has been low and because you all gave me suggestions but after my surgery I have 3 months of included visits and fills. The 13th of this month makes 3 months and next week my surgeon and PA are both out on vacation! They only do fills on Tuesdays so basically yesterday was do or die on getting one last prepaid fill in. If they suggested to me to wait I would have totally followed her lead and not pushed for a fill! But I am glad I did!

I am pretty tight right now. A yogurt was hard this morning and dinner was nearly impossible which stinks because last night we celebrated my dads birthday! His birthday was last Tuesday and I was going to make a dinner for him but since I was ill we postponed it till last night! I made sechuan shrimp and scallops with green beans and shitake mushrooms! The meal was fabulous..not a bite left... but I only managed a scallop and 2 shrimp. About 5 green beans and I got stuck on the first shrimp. I did also have a sliver of cake. But I didn't enjoy it. So I passed it to my husband who always enjoys cake.

Girls. According to my scale for 2 days now...I am just under 215. Which makes me... lets just say 16lbs away from onederland. So along with starting the Spring Weightloss Challange that starts on Sunday I will also be putting away my scale for a week. I promised I would try it when I hit 215...since I am a scale junkie this will be hard. But I am going to try.

We've had some beautiful weather here in the NC mountains. It was 77 here on Sunday. This is not normal for March and I am quite sure that we are in for a cold snap. This also means all of the beautiful daffodil's that are blooming will die a frozen death. But it has at least jump started our spring season. We are busy with work and the phone is ringing all day for spring type equipment...tillers, trachoes..the like. So I am hoping to be out of the winter slow funk!

Tonight I am having my husband take some 3 month pictures. I am hoping I am brave enough to show the ones from right before surgery. Many of you are so brave to show pictures at any and all stages but I guess I have been so particular at editing my pictures over the last 10 years that I don't like to show "fat"pics.  But I want to do it. You all give me the courage.

My sister and my best friend teamed up and bought me a gift card with a nice little chunk of money on it for my birthday. It is from one of my favorite stores...Macy's. I think I am going to try and get 15 more lbs off before I use it. But I think both of these girls are sick of seeing my jeans baggy on my ass. It was really thoughtful and kind of them. My parents gave me a 3 month membership to my gym which was also amazing. Sadly I haven't gone in over a week! But that stops today!

All in all I am doing pretty well! Curious to see how this fill works but I am happy with my progress! Glad to be back in blog land and happy to see all of you!  Kisses!

8 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I didn't want to show my fat pics at first either. But now I don't care at all. When you start seeing that big difference between pics...you will want to show everyone! :)

nikki said...

I can't wait to see your pitures :) And as for the scales...I attempted that and failed, lol. Hopefully you will have better luck than I did!! :)

Sooooo glad you're back!

Michelle said...

Keep up the AWESOME work Amanda! You are doing great. I myself have about 17lbs to lose before I hit onederland! SO excited, I don't even remember the last time I was there. So lets do this girl! We will get down there and I am so excited to hopefully see some of your pics! Don't be ashamed of them. I was like that too and now I am sorry I don't have more pics from when I was heavier so that I can really say I NEVER want to be that weight again! Good job on everything girl and lets lose those pounds!!

MandaPanda said...

So glad you're feeling better. Dinner sounded yummy even if you didn't get to enjoy it. My last fill left me pretty tight for the first couple days (even creamy soup was tough) but then it seemed to loosen up. I haven't really posted progress pics either. Honestly...I'm just scared that there isn't progress.

Alison said...

Glad that you're doing so much better, your gifts sound great!

Rhonda said...

I don't like my fat pics, but they do help to inspire others, so I put them up there. It was like a weight lifted off (literally!) when I did. :) Can't wait to see the 3 month pics!

Annie said...

You are doing amazing, and I am so happy that you are feeling better! Onederland is just around the corner!

I think I am going to join the spring challenge too- I need to get moving!

Leslie said...

Sounds like you are doing really well. Keep up the good work.

I'm such a scale junkie that puttnig mine away for a week puts me in panic mode. LOL